+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
I applied online on August 10th, still no AOR. I am in Vancouver.

I called an agent at CIC today and he said they do not see my application on file and that my processing fee was available and not applied to an application...

The guy said he can either email the Vancouver location for an update which will take 2-3 months for a response or I can create a new application. I am not sure what to do here.

Does anyone know how to delete the previously submitted application? I presume I will need to create a new account to create a new app also?

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks
D o you know the email for Vancouver location??

td88

Aug 8, 2019
Hi guys, I have a question

I'm living in Halifax, NS, i've received a FingerPrint request on August 28, 2023 and test invitation from Sep 05 to Sep 25. When i came to RCMP Halifax, they told me that i should go to Commissionaire because it's way faster compare to 3-4month if i did it at RCMP. I booked an appointment with Commissionaire, and the earliest day was SEP 28, and the result would be sent within 5weeks from Sep28.

I did a test on Sep 24 and passed
Then i read a Finger Print request letter again, it stated that I should give FP to them within 30days. So i was late at least 30days + 5 weeks. Right now there's an exclamation mark next to my "next step", i guess they're waiting for the Fingerprint.

Background verification in progress
Physical presence in progress
Language skill in progress
Prohibitions in progress
Citizenship test Completed

I don't know if it's slowing down my application. I even called IRCC and let them know that I'd be late for FP submission, they put a note in my application. I also sent a webform to let them know. At this point, I couldn't ask for more, because i did what i could do.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I applied online on August 10th, still no AOR. I am in Vancouver.

I called an agent at CIC today and he said they do not see my application on file and that my processing fee was available and not applied to an application...

The guy said he can either email the Vancouver location for an update which will take 2-3 months for a response or I can create a new application. I am not sure what to do here.

Does anyone know how to delete the previously submitted application? I presume I will need to create a new account to create a new app also?

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks
Don’t submit any other application . We all are in same boat . This will make process more complicated if you submit another application. Just wait like us :( . I know it’s so stressed and painful but we can’t do anything regarding this. Hopefully will get it soon. God is great :)

Reactions: rockstarcg90

StillW8ing

Mar 8, 2019
Don’t submit any other application . We all are in same boat . This will make process more complicated if you submit another application. Just wait like us :( . I know it’s so stressed and painful but we can’t do anything regarding this. Hopefully will get it soon. God is great :)
Thanks for your kind words. It is strange that the representive I spoke to over the phone suggested I potentially create a new application... I will wait a bit more and see what happens.

Reactions: Miss bee

LuckyAngelSweety

Aug 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have seen some of the applicants got AORs within 1 month and few days and some of us are still waiting...

LuckyAngelSweety

Aug 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your kind words. It is strange that the representive I spoke to over the phone suggested I potentially create a new application... I will wait a bit more and see what happens.
How can an online application be lost ? Did u login to your online account and check ? Also what details should we provide to enquire the status of the applied application ?

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Yeah, as LuckyAngelSweety says, didn't you receive an submission email with title, "Submission confirmation – Online citizenship application / Confirmation de soumission – Demande de citoyenneté en ligne" ?

StillW8ing

Mar 8, 2019
Yeah, as LuckyAngelSweety says, didn't you receive an submission email with title, "Submission confirmation – Online citizenship application / Confirmation de soumission – Demande de citoyenneté en ligne" ?
In answer to both your and Lucky's questions, yes I received a submission confirmation email back August. I can log in to my account and see it is still at the first step and hasn't been reviewed (no AOR). Since it has been over two months I thought it would be time to call in.

The agent was unable to find my application after providing UCI and even the processing fee reciept number. He suggested two options, for him to send an email to request an update from the processing centre which would take 2-3 months OR to submit a new application. Hr mentioned the $630 fee hasn't been assigned to an application and is essentially credit.

I will be honest, not much of this made sense to me. I will call again tomorrow and hope a different agent can provide clarity.

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Yeah I think calling again makes more sense. I don't know why but submitting two applications feels wrong, and waiting that long for an email reply sucks.

Reactions: StillW8ing

Lyalya

Nov 11, 2014
Hi All
I applied on: Aug 8
Delivered: Aug 8
AOR: Sep 23
Oct 10: background check completed
Oct 13: citizenship test in progress
Oct 17: scheduled for test between Oct 23rd and Nov 13
But I never received any email, does this mean I can go online and sign in for the test?
On the next step it says
Waiting on you

You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.
You need to take your online citizenship test between October 23, 2023 and November 13, 2023.
Contact the office that sent the invitation if you
can’t or don’t want to do the test online
need to reschedule
have any questions

Reactions: SoHunny

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All
I applied on: Aug 8
Delivered: Aug 8
AOR: Sep 23
Oct 10: background check completed
Oct 13: citizenship test in progress
Oct 17: scheduled for test between Oct 23rd and Nov 13
But I never received any email, does this mean I can go online and sign in for the test?
On the next step it says
Waiting on you

You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.
You need to take your online citizenship test between October 23, 2023 and November 13, 2023.
Contact the office that sent the invitation if you
can’t or don’t want to do the test online
need to reschedule
have any questions
You can give the test during the test window. Hopefully you should have email before that.

Archie0225

Jul 12, 2021
Type: Online application
App Type: 1 Adult & 1 minor
Physical Presence Days: 1100
Application sent: Aug 16, 2023
AOR: Sept 19, 2023
BG Complete: September 27, 2023
Citizenship Test in progress: September 27, 2023
Citizenship Test Invite: Oct.6-Oct.26, 2023
Citizenship Test Done: October 6, 2023 (20/20)
Citizenship Test Completed: October 6, 2023
LPP completed: Oct. 12, 2023 (updated Oct.14)
Oath Taking Ceremony: In progress

Office: Montreal Office
Update..

Oath Taking Schedule: October 26, 2023
(updated this morning)- Oct.18,2023

I haven't received the instruction letter for the e-certificate nor the invitation letter. Maybe later.