+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Casablanca93

Star Member
Dec 23, 2018
How long it takes to IRCC to receive the fingerprints ? I gave. Mines on October 4th but the tracker hasn’t been updated … I’m concerned

prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Type: Online application
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1135
Application sent: Aug 20, 2023
AOR: Sept 22, 2023
ECAS Linked: Oct 11, 2023
BG Complete: Oct 13, 2023

Waiting for test invite
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1135
Application sent: Aug 20, 2023
AOR: Sept 22, 2023
ECAS Linked: Oct 11, 2023
BG Complete: Oct 13, 2023

Update:
Test invite: Oct 17, 2023
Dates : Oct 20 - Nov 06

Vinami

Jul 28, 2020
Hey guys, those who have taken the test, what do you mean it's easy? I'm a mess when it comes to dates. I've read the guide a few times and I've been doing some online tests...Depending on the practice test I take, I either get a very good score (18-20) or I fail! I want to get the test out of the way, but this is killing me because I don't know if I'll ever feel ready to take it.
The practice test is over complicated, the real test is easier. Read the book and keep doing the mock tests to increase your confidence, and rest assure that if you get 15-16 for the mock test, then you'll easily score 18-19 in the real one. It's the technical part and psychology part of the test that you should pay more attention to, that is make sure you sit in a quiet room (it's tricky if you share the space with your roommate/partner, you have to tell them about the importance of the test, make sure you have the whole space for you for at least an hour, make sure they don't walk around behind you or in front of the camera during the test), have good webcam camera + lighting, follow the instructions to take photos of your id + yourself.

LuckyAngelSweety

Aug 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Physical Presence Days: 1159
Application: Single
Application sent: August 30
Delivered: August 30
AOR: October 16
Following... Mine is submitted on 30th August. Still awaiting AOR.

Kaka24

Oct 13, 2023
Hi everyone,
I don’t know if it is time to just let it go or assume the worst. I applied online on August 18 and the posted timeline on the IRCC website says they are now issuing AOR for the week of 22 August. I called and the agent on phone said my application is not in the system, meaning it has not been opened yet. I just want to forget about it and hope for the best that one day may be an officer will stumble upon my application. Would this be the right approach? Or should I assume that my application is lost, withdraw it and reapply? I feel the entire process is a lottery!

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
Hi everyone,
I don’t know if it is time to just let it go or assume the worst. I applied online on August 18 and the posted timeline on the IRCC website says they are now issuing AOR for the week of 22 August. I called and the agent on phone said my application is not in the system, meaning it has not been opened yet. I just want to forget about it and hope for the best that one day may be an officer will stumble upon my application. Would this be the right approach? Or should I assume that my application is lost, withdraw it and reapply? I feel the entire process is a lottery!
While I was waiting for my AoR, the posted timeline on the IRCC website said they were sending out AoRs for week of ~August 8. I had submitted August 1. I was in the same position as you. I suggest waiting a little bit longer before considering doing anything further.

Kaka24

Oct 13, 2023
While I was waiting for my AoR, the posted timeline on the IRCC website said they were sending out AoRs for week of ~August 8. I had submitted August 1. I was in the same position as you. I suggest waiting a little bit longer before considering doing anything further.
Thank you for the advice.

StillW8ing

Mar 8, 2019
I applied online on August 10th, still no AOR. I am in Vancouver.

I called an agent at CIC today and he said they do not see my application on file and that my processing fee was available and not applied to an application...

The guy said he can either email the Vancouver location for an update which will take 2-3 months for a response or I can create a new application. I am not sure what to do here.

Does anyone know how to delete the previously submitted application? I presume I will need to create a new account to create a new app also?

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: Skyline2019