Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
Applied for My Mother on 7 Aug. I am on PR. Biometric done 11 Aug.

Aug 12, 2022
Applied on Aug 05-2022
Two refusals in the past (2019)

Does anyone have an idea about how long does it take for the final response, after the background check has been passed?

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Applied on Aug 05-2022
Two refusals in the past (2019)

Does anyone have an idea about how long does it take for the final response, after the background check has been passed?
Depending on the country, check the processing times estimates on the CIC website. If you had two refusals, have you made sure to address the reason for refusals before applying for a third time?

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
I sent a request thru webform but haven’t received any reply. I’m just hoping they will adjust it accordingly. Really disappointed to myself as the error should have been avoided :(. In my invitation letter, The purpose is to reunite with family but in the question why you need a visa I answered to provide care for a loved one who needs medical support which is not inclined or related to my invitation letter .
Yikes - this could result in a refusal as this can be considered as a possible job, or taking a personal support worker's job by this reason. I don't think it would make a difference as they would have already made a decision based on the category you selected. You'll have to wait for the result and if needed, re-apply by addressing what the real reason is.

Aug 12, 2022
Depending on the country, check the processing times estimates on the CIC website. If you had two refusals, have you made sure to address the reason for refusals before applying for a third time?

My circumstances have changed substantially since then so there are changes this time, but it was meant to be a genuine visit last time and this time round too. The processing times are on average for the whole process, I meant to ask if you knew about the time period between a background check and eligibility review and then the response.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
My circumstances have changed substantially since then so there are changes this time, but it was meant to be a genuine visit last time and this time round too. The processing times are on average for the whole process, I meant to ask if you knew about the time period between a background check and eligibility review and then the response.
Eligibility review can start as soon as biometrics are loaded, or can take a while. There’s no set time. For all, background check starts along with application submission. Eligibility can start right after Biometrics, or can take months. There are also instances (many infact and majority of them) the entire file remains the same until the day of PPR and all gets updated.

Reactions: nxx
Aug 12, 2022
Eligibility review can start as soon as biometrics are loaded, or can take a while. There’s no set time. For all, background check starts along with application submission. Eligibility can start right after Biometrics, or can take months. There are also instances (many infact and majority of them) the entire file remains the same until the day of PPR and all gets updated.
Hmm..that's quite random. Well, I got a ghost update on Aug-6 and nothing after that. It's a waiting game I reckon!

unknown961

Aug 13, 2022
Germany
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
01-08-2022
Applied from Germany
Timeline
Applied: August 1, 2022
BIL: August 1, 2022
Biometrics: August 1, 2022

there are no update since.

nantzleijar

Aug 10, 2022
Yikes - this could result in a refusal as this can be considered as a possible job, or taking a personal support worker's job by this reason. I don't think it would make a difference as they would have already made a decision based on the category you selected. You'll have to wait for the result and if needed, re-apply by addressing what the real reason is.
Still hoping they would see my raised webform when reviewing the application. It’s totally a honest mistake.

MJenish

Feb 26, 2019
Very few ppl applied in August. Seems backlog will go down by this month.

Moreover, tomorrow they will post new processing times. Let's hope for the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: sk1984indian

troybliss

Oct 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Jeddah Saudi Arabia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2016
Doc's Request.
25-Feb-2016
AOR Received.
25-Feb-2016
Med's Request
13-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
25-Feb-2016
Hello. I applied for parents supervisa on Saturday August 20th, 2022. Tracking the progress of application. Please share if someone knows about current time line of supervisa application. They're from Pakistan. Thanks