+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Spousal Sponsorship (Inland/Outland/Paper/Online)

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
Hi guys, Spousal inland application here. I am the sponsor.
Applied ending August, received AOR 10 days later. Have a question though.

I already have a medical active dated 31 Jan and had submitted that with the application. It has only been 7 months since then. I received a Medical request although our medical is still active.

What are my options? I already raised a Webform re-submitting proof of that medical.

Would really appreciate your views.

sk1622

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hi Team,

I am looking for an urgent help on the below:

IRCC sent an email stating to pay the RPRF , however this was already paid with my application. The total amount I paid was 1080$. can anyone please help identify what is the reason behind this?

I had attached payment receipt with my application during submission.

potatochips

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hi Team,

IRCC sent an email stating to pay the RPRF , however this was already paid with my application. The total amount I paid was 1080$. can anyone please help identify what is the reason behind this?

received an email with that and the medical request, i sent a webform attaching the receipt and the medical

Reactions: sk1622

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Hi Team,

This seems to be a generic reminder that a lot, if not all, inland applicants got. I've seen people across forums talking about it and we got it as well. It mentions both the medical and RPRF, regardless of whether or not the medical is already completed/passed and RPRF has been paid.

If you've paid it, you're all good.

Reactions: armoured

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Hi guys, Spousal inland application here. I am the sponsor.
Applied ending August, received AOR 10 days later. Have a question though.

I already have a medical active dated 31 Jan and had submitted that with the application. It has only been 7 months since then. I received a Medical request although our medical is still active.

What are my options? I already raised a Webform re-submitting proof of that medical.

Would really appreciate your views.
An upfront medical isn't allowed with this stream. There was an exemption during COVID that allowed people to submit a medical that was still valid, but that exemption ended around March. Unfortunately, you'll likely have to do it again.

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
An upfront medical isn't allowed with this stream. There was an exemption during COVID that allowed people to submit a medical that was still valid, but that exemption ended around March. Unfortunately, you'll likely have to do it again.
Thanks a lot for the reply. Yes, I can see this on the canada.ca website:

You can’t get an upfront medical exam if you’re being sponsored as a spouse, partner or child. Wait for our instructions before going for your medical exam. The instructions will be sent to you after you submit your complete application.

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
Unfortunately, we are not allowed to set up a new medical when the old one (from Jan 31 2022) is still active. No IRCC physical panel doctor is accepting an appointment because our old medical is not 9 months old yet.

I have already raised a webform with this information. Should I raise another one?

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Unfortunately, we are not allowed to set up a new medical when the old one (from Jan 31 2022) is still active. No IRCC physical panel doctor is accepting an appointment because our old medical is not 9 months old yet.

I have already raised a webform with this information. Should I raise another one?
You can, I don't know if it will help, but I don't think there's any harm in trying!

Runedog

Aug 21, 2022
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga (Spousal PR), CPC Edmonton (OWP), Calgary (PR Portal process), Montreal (Virtual landing), Sydney (issue of PR-card)
App. Filed.......
08-07-2022
AOR Received.
29-07-2022
Med's Request
29-07-2022
Med's Done....
08-08-2022
LANDED..........
01-02-2023
Hi there. i have a personal question. If you are not comfortable sharing in here, would be grateful if you can pm. I see that your OWP got approved pretty quickly. Do you think that's because of your educational and work experience backgrounds? May i ask what are those?
Well, looking at July inland paper, the fast OWP seems to be a common trend (varies from 14 to 50 days after submittal), so no I would not think it is because of my experience/eductaion in this instance.
I do believe that education and experience could play a role in determening OWP cases for the IRCC, as well as country of origin, where you will live in Canada (which province/terretory), Sponsor status, and so on. But in my case it seems to be the trend.

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Weird situation. Can't book medical, but need to. :\
The checklist mentioned the medical, so I uploaded it and updated the information.
I don't think there was any harm in including it. Some people have been able to use an old medical, even after the exemption ended, while others have been asked to do a second one anyways. If it's already done, I don't think there's anything wrong with putting it in.

It's just too bad you have to do a second one now, and hopefully they can sort it out for you soon!

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Well, looking at July inland paper, the fast OWP seems to be a common trend (varies from 14 to 50 days after submittal), so no I would not think it is because of my experience/eductaion in this instance.
I do believe that education and experience could play a role in determening OWP cases for the IRCC, as well as country of origin, where you will live in Canada (which province/terretory), Sponsor status, and so on. But in my case it seems to be the trend.
I'm very jealous of your turnaround lol! We're waiting on OWP, and it seems like August applicants aren't as lucky as July! I don't think any of us have got the OWP yet.

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
I don't think there was any harm in including it. Some people have been able to use an old medical, even after the exemption ended, while others have been asked to do a second one anyways. If it's already done, I don't think there's anything wrong with putting it in.

It's just too bad you have to do a second one now, and hopefully they can sort it out for you soon!
Called atleast 5 IRCC doctors offices. All of them said the same thing...
Raise a webform asking IRCC to link the medical with your application. I did just that and now we wait.

They specifically said the panel physician re-submitting medical to IRCC won't help. So confusing.

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Called atleast 5 IRCC doctors offices. All of them said the same thing...
Raise a webform asking IRCC to link the medical with your application. I did just that and now we wait.

They specifically said the panel physician re-submitting medical to IRCC won't help. So confusing.
I hope they get back to you soon! Because yeah, what are you supposed to do if no doctor will see you??

Thomasyxw

Oct 9, 2021
I'm very jealous of your turnaround lol! We're waiting on OWP, and it seems like August applicants aren't as lucky as July! I don't think any of us have got the OWP yet.
Aug. applicants here, same situation :( I wish I could have the good luck like July applicants...