+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Spousal Sponsorship (Inland/Outland/Paper/Online)

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
I heard that SA comes towards the end of the process for inland applicants? I assume I wouldn't see it until COPR is almost here. Maybe that's not the case?
I'm honestly not sure. From what I've seen between spreadsheet and different trackers a lot of inland seem to be getting SA pretty quickly -like looking at the Google spreadsheet there are a few July applicants who've already got it, almost half the June applicants have already put it in and 56% of May applicants have it too.

Of course, the spreadsheet doesn't represent everyone and it is based on people remembering to update, but it seems like SA isn't taking too long for a lot of people. But who knows lol. This whole process is a mystery! (Our tracker changed today to say it was 'Updated' to today when it previously said September 5th was the last update, but nothing has changed. Mystery lol!)

Reactions: YVR123

potatochips

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
I'm honestly not sure. From what I've seen between spreadsheet and different trackers a lot of inland seem to be getting SA pretty quickly -like looking at the Google spreadsheet there are a few July applicants who've already got it, almost half the June applicants have already put it in and 56% of May applicants have it too.

Of course, the spreadsheet doesn't represent everyone and it is based on people remembering to update, but it seems like SA isn't taking too long for a lot of people. But who knows lol. This whole process is a mystery! (Our tracker changed today to say it was 'Updated' to today when it previously said September 5th was the last update, but nothing has changed. Mystery lol!)
Check GCKey! Something must've updated! But if nothing maybe in a day or two you'll get SA?

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013

Gotcha that makes sense. Either way, it's just a waiting game.

Looks like you got a ghost update! It says it was updated but there's no chance on our end. Some say a ghost update just means an agent accessed the application.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I heard that SA comes towards the end of the process for inland applicants? I assume I wouldn't see it until COPR is almost here. Maybe that's not the case?
SA is usually earlier.
In older applications, it's before files are transfer to VO or processing for PA starts.
I have no idea how things work the last year or so.

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Check GCKey! Something must've updated! But if nothing maybe in a day or two you'll get SA?
I did check GCKey and nothing there yet. We'll see! I think it's too early for SA for us (although I'd love that!) maybe it's the medical though. But I like your thinking!

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Gotcha that makes sense. Either way, it's just a waiting game.

Looks like you got a ghost update! It says it was updated but there's no chance on our end. Some say a ghost update just means an agent accessed the application.
Yeah I think that makes sense (or maybe I'm just too hopeful, haha!) But I think it makes sense that it shows it updated when the agent does something. I'd like to think someone is looking at the application anyways lol!

tgmos

Sep 5, 2022

Can you share the link to the spreadsheet please?

JohnNoum

Sep 9, 2022
Hello, I am PR in quebec

Applied Visitor latter on 26 Aug 2022
Received Biometrics request on 27 Aug 2022
Gave Biometrics on 29 sept 2022

Waiting for further steps now

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
This morning GCKey updated to say the eligibility was in process for the work permit - but we also got a correspondance letter that say the OWP is approved!:eek:

Reactions: sk1622