+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Spousal Sponsorship (Inland/Outland/Paper/Online)

vishnuvj2905

Sep 21, 2022
Hi Guys, I applied (Inland/paper) spousal PR last month (Application received by CIC on Aug 17th). I have not got AOR yet; is anyone experiencing delays in getting their AOR? It has been a month and no word from CIC yet.

I tried to link the application online, but no success yet. Any suggestion?

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Hi Guys, I applied (Inland/paper) spousal PR last month (Application received by CIC on Aug 17th). I have not got AOR yet; is anyone experiencing delays in getting their AOR? It has been a month and no word from CIC yet.

I tried to link the application online, but no success yet. Any suggestion?
You can't link online until after you have AOR because there's nothing to link. The file isn't in the system until you've received AOR.

AOR typically takes about 2-3 months to receive, although some people do wait longer - I've seen online applicants wait six months. So while I know it's nerve-wracking and it sucks because a lot of people do receive it within the month, you're still within fairly normal AOR timelines. Hopefully you hear soon!

vishnuvj2905

Sep 21, 2022
You can't link online until after you have AOR because there's nothing to link. The file isn't in the system until you've received AOR.

AOR typically takes about 2-3 months to receive, although some people do wait longer - I've seen online applicants wait six months. So while I know it's nerve-wracking and it sucks because a lot of people do receive it within the month, you're still within fairly normal AOR timelines. Hopefully you hear soon!
Thanks @EloiseMann: That has calmed me down a bit. Yes I was getting worried since some where getting response within a month,. As you said, seems like I can wait a bit longer.

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
anybody who got AOR recently (Inland\Paper)?

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Thanks @EloiseMann: That has calmed me down a bit. Yes I was getting worried since some where getting response within a month,. As you said, seems like I can wait a bit longer.
You can't compare your application with others'. It's not a first come first serve system. I have seen someone who got AOR in 4 days, and another person who got AOR after 9 months. You just have to be patient and wait.

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
I know it's rough. AOR is the most stressful step imo. It's especially frustrating because we don't know how they process - as @James Lyrie-Stewart said, they don't seem to process things in the order they were received. There's obviously some kind of system, but it's not obvious at all.

Reactions: Tintin and Snowy

Thomasyxw

Oct 9, 2021
I know it's rough. AOR is the most stressful step imo. It's especially frustrating because we don't know how they process - as @James Lyrie-Stewart said, they don't seem to process things in the order they were received. There's obviously some kind of system, but it's not obvious at all.
Hi @EloiseMann , I notice in your signature you received the ghost update in tracker "we received the information you sent to us, we will review it...." , today I received same message in tracker, however, I didn't sent any document to IRCC after submission, do you know what does this message means? many thanks~

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Hi @EloiseMann , I notice in your signature you received the ghost update in tracker "we received the information you sent to us, we will review it...." , today I received same message in tracker, however, I didn't sent any document to IRCC after submission, do you know what does this message means? many thanks~
As far as I know it's just a ghost update. The general guess is that it means IRCC opened or worked on the file and updated something on the backend. But I don't know why ours has updated on a different day than the day it's dated. I don't know what that means.

Thomasyxw

Oct 9, 2021
As far as I know it's just a ghost update. The general guess is that it means IRCC opened or worked on the file and updated something on the backend. But I don't know why ours has updated on a different day than the day it's dated. I don't know what that means.
Many thanks for the reply :)

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Eligibility is updated to "Complete" on the tracker just now!

Timeline so far:
2022-08-02Application submitted online
2022-08-17AOR sent to sponsor; BIL & MR sent to PA
2022-08-18Biometrics collected
2022-08-19Medical exam completed
2022-08-24Ghost update on tracker
2022-09-02Doctor uploaded results (no updates on tracker yet)
2022-09-05Medical exam updated to “Completed” on tracker
2022-09-15Eligibility completed on tracker. Received pre-arrival services letter on IRCC account
2022-09-27 update: Sponsor just received the sponsor approval email! Woohoo!

Hardy079

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What was the though while creating this group? Inland and outland are two completely different types with huge difference in processing times.