+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Spousal Sponsorship (Inland/Outland/Paper/Online)

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Hello there,
Applied for Spousal Sponsorship on 1st August
Outland (India) Paper
Received on 5th August 2022
Waiting for AOR.

Hello Fellow members, Do you know approximately how long does it takes to complete the application? is it actually taking whole two years?
Many 2022 applicants are seeing 6-8 month turnarounds, but the processing standard is still 12 months.

But, lots of 2020/2021 applicants are still waiting, which is where the two year number comes from.

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Hi Experienced Members,

I have applied for inland spousal PR for my husband who is currently living with me in Canada. In the month of January, we plan to visit India for a month and then return back together.
Is it advisable for my husband to travel , given that his application is in progress under Inland, Canada class

Also, he will have his 6 months duration for visitor visa completed in January, appreciate your inputs,suggestions on the same
It is generally advised not to travel during inland. While there's nothing stopping you from leaving, it's a requirement of inland that he be living in Canada with you during processing. If you're gone for too long, or he's denied re-entry, the application can be considered by IRCC to be abandoned.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Oh alright cause I submitted online and submitted the OWP via paper after receiving AOR, been trying to link it but it says no record was found yet. Tried calling the IRCC like 3 days after submission and they said there's a temporary file number I wonder when I could be able to link the application I figured that there's no AOR like email for OWP as well.
I'm curious, why would you apply for the OWP on paper if you could do it online like with other work permits?

potatochips

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Yeah as far as I know there's no AOR email for it anyways. I'm not really sure how it works with online applications, as I haven't seen too many people do it. But a temporary file number is good, it means they have it anyways! Hopefully it comes through for us both soon!
Hopefully!! Been waiting since June.

rubz9911

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Hello,

Outland Online (India) - 11 Aug 2022

Applied Visitor latter on 27 Aug 2022
Received Biometrics request on 28 Aug 2022
Gave Biometrics on 01 Sept 2022

Waiting for further steps now :)
HI there,
Can you please suggest how did you apply online for outland application? I can't seem to find any application guide for this. I would appreciate your response. Thank you.

Reactions: iman2008

Kaikai95

Aug 17, 2022
I assume you did inland application? If yes, your wife needs to maintain status. You can do this by filing a visitor extension. This must be done 30 days BEFORE expiry date of TRV.
If you applied for OWP at the same time, this will also be considered maintained status if it is approved before expiry of TRV.
I would file an visitor extension application if it is not to late in your case.

If outland application, I think she has to leave, but there are probably others here that can advice you on that.

It is very important to not overstay visa!

Good luck!

I don't think you have to maintain the status if you have already submitted the application via inland sponsorship, however, according to CIC website, you do have to write an explanation letter on why you fail to extend the visa before it expires.

Jamie2122

Sep 6, 2022
Hi,

I need your advice. My husband was ask to do furtherance like sputum test and repeat xray. We are now waiting for his scheduled test however he just received an email from IRCC for proof of IME completion, when we checked the portal the new update says they already received the proof of completion l, Iam now confused which document they are requiring him to submit. They are giving us 30days to submit proof.He also did not received any documentation from panel physician. I believe they’re working with emedical. Please help us.
Just want to

Runedog

Aug 21, 2022
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga (Spousal PR), CPC Edmonton (OWP), Calgary (PR Portal process), Montreal (Virtual landing), Sydney (issue of PR-card)
App. Filed.......
08-07-2022
AOR Received.
29-07-2022
Med's Request
29-07-2022
Med's Done....
08-08-2022
LANDED..........
01-02-2023
I don't think you have to maintain the status if you have already submitted the application via inland sponsorship, however, according to CIC website, you do have to write an explanation letter on why you fail to extend the visa before it expires.
Maybe... But you take the risk if application is returned because of missing documents/signatures etc. (ie. before getting AOR).
Then you would be in effect out of status... filing a visitor extension would be the safe choice.

iman2008

Aug 24, 2022
I just submitted mine. I am not too sure why people keep saying I should do paper. So I had to go with paper however, with what I can see here, it seem online is very fast
I didn't have option for online. when it comes to the end of question wizard, it asked for mailing the documents to missisuga or sydney. So I mailed them

Reactions: Tintin and Snowy

iman2008

Aug 24, 2022
Hello,

Outland Online (India) - 11 Aug 2022

Applied Visitor latter on 27 Aug 2022
Received Biometrics request on 28 Aug 2022
Gave Biometrics on 01 Sept 2022

Waiting for further steps now :)
Good luck. I am doing the sam eprocedure.

mailed documents on July 7th
delivered July 8th
AOR Sep 1st
applied for visitor Sep 1st
Biometric request Sep 2nd

Reactions: tgmos

iman2008

Aug 24, 2022
HI there,
Can you please suggest how did you apply online for outland application? I can't seem to find any application guide for this. I would appreciate your response. Thank you.
I couldn't find any either so I applied in paper

Eleesa

May 13, 2022
Hi,
What documents did you submitted to prove your physical presence in Canada as a sponsor for spousal sponsorship?

iman2008

Aug 24, 2022
Hi,
What documents did you submitted to prove your physical presence in Canada as a sponsor for spousal sponsorship?
The best thing is your Employment letter I believe. I also submitted my PR card and bank account report.