+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Spousal Sponsorship (Inland/Outland/Paper/Online)

Runedog

Aug 21, 2022
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga (Spousal PR), CPC Edmonton (OWP), Calgary (PR Portal process), Montreal (Virtual landing), Sydney (issue of PR-card)
App. Filed.......
08-07-2022
AOR Received.
29-07-2022
Med's Request
29-07-2022
Med's Done....
08-08-2022
LANDED..........
01-02-2023
Hi Everyone,

my wife arrived in Canada on March 21, 2022 on a TRV. She will complete the permitted 6 month stay in September. We sent the paper application for the spousal sponsorship today. I assume that we won’t get the AOR (if everything goes well) until October.

My question is, will she have to exit the country since the 180 days will be over?
I assume you did inland application? If yes, your wife needs to maintain status. You can do this by filing a visitor extension. This must be done 30 days BEFORE expiry date of TRV.
If you applied for OWP at the same time, this will also be considered maintained status if it is approved before expiry of TRV.
I would file an visitor extension application if it is not to late in your case.

If outland application, I think she has to leave, but there are probably others here that can advice you on that.

It is very important to not overstay visa!

Good luck!

Ashley_will

Aug 15, 2018
Good day everyone, I'm planning on Sponsoring my parents, I'm a PR and I have been waiting on how to apply and the process is very confusing, can someone help with a quick run down if possible please. that would be highly appreciated.

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Good day everyone, I'm planning on Sponsoring my parents, I'm a PR and I have been waiting on how to apply and the process is very confusing, can someone help with a quick run down if possible please. that would be highly appreciated.
Just letting you know that you are in the wrong thread. This thread is for spousal sponsorship so people here might not have the knowledge on parents sponsorship.

Reactions: YVR123

sk1622

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hi,
This is in regards to my husband's pr application, we are attaching social media proof where his social media handle/profile name is not his actual legal name(as it appears on passport), doI need to write yes in the form which says are you being calledby any other name/nickname?

As social media profiles are essentially not legalnames that he has used for documentation anywhere

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Hi,
This is in regards to my husband's pr application, we are attaching social media proof where his social media handle/profile name is not his actual legal name(as it appears on passport), doI need to write yes in the form which says are you being calledby any other name/nickname?

As social media profiles are essentially not legalnames that he has used for documentation anywhere
It would be a good idea to include his nickname then. I do the same thing and I actually provided a LoE just to clarify on the multiple names I've used.

Reactions: sk1622

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Seems like medical is no longer necessary if spouse is inland
This depends. The tweets made it sound like anyone inland is no longer required to give a medical, but the official briefing says that no medical is required if they are inland and 'meet other criteria.'

They haven't said what the 'other criteria' are, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's that they did a medical in the past or something similar.

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hi,

Frankly speaking, 90% people have different names on the social media platforms, as they prefer including their nicknames, and as long as you have part of your name in there and with your photo showing there, it would not be a problem.

Reactions: sk1622