+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Spousal Sponsorship (Inland/Outland/Paper/Online)

Eleesa

May 13, 2022
Hi,
There was an update in the checklist on IMM5533 on August,2022. I have a question for those who applied online. How did you uploaded your marriage photos. I am resubmitted my husband's application and i noticed that photos must be uploaded separately and an another separate document with description of context and with proper label.when I submitted his application for the first time, I put the date of birth and event on the bottom of the photos itself. But do you think as per the updated checklist,you just need to upload the photos and then explain the context in a separate form rather than having the date of birth and everything within the form?

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Thanks for sharing. Did you receive a separate email/application number for the OWP? We've only received the AOR via sponsor's email. No other email for the OWP. Thank you.
Nope, no separate email for the OWP. But we linked the OWP application on GCKey using the applicant's UCI that came with the medical request.

I don't think we'll get an email about the OWP until it's approved. I don't believe they send one before that, at least, I've never seen anyone say they got on before that.

potatochips

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Nope, no separate email for the OWP. But we linked the OWP application on GCKey using the applicant's UCI that came with the medical request.

I don't think we'll get an email about the OWP until it's approved. I don't believe they send one before that, at least, I've never seen anyone say they got on before that.
Were you able to link it immediately?

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Were you able to link it immediately?
Yup! Able to link both the sponsorship and the OWP right away.

It says 'Online Application' though, which is worrying me since we applied on paper. But it's definitely a work permit and all the details are correct so.

potatochips

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Yup! Able to link both the sponsorship and the OWP right away.

It says 'Online Application' though, which is worrying me since we applied on paper. But it's definitely a work permit and all the details are correct so.
Oh alright cause I submitted online and submitted the OWP via paper after receiving AOR, been trying to link it but it says no record was found yet. Tried calling the IRCC like 3 days after submission and they said there's a temporary file number I wonder when I could be able to link the application I figured that there's no AOR like email for OWP as well.

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Oh alright cause I submitted online and submitted the OWP via paper after receiving AOR, been trying to link it but it says no record was found yet. Tried calling the IRCC like 3 days after submission and they said there's a temporary file number I wonder when I could be able to link the application I figured that there's no AOR like email for OWP as well.
Yeah as far as I know there's no AOR email for it anyways. I'm not really sure how it works with online applications, as I haven't seen too many people do it. But a temporary file number is good, it means they have it anyways! Hopefully it comes through for us both soon!

mkaq

Aug 5, 2015
Hi,

I applied for my spousal visa outland (online) by last week of May, 2022. My wife lives in Pakistan, and im currently living and working in Canada.

Its been more than 3 months, but yet to receive AOR.

Can anyone help me how to contact CIC and get update on status of application. Moreover, is there anyone who recently applied for the spousal visa outland online, please share your application status.

Thanks

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
Hi,

I applied for my spousal visa outland (online) by last week of May, 2022. My wife lives in Pakistan, and im currently living and working in Canada.

Its been more than 3 months, but yet to receive AOR.

Can anyone help me how to contact CIC and get update on status of application. Moreover, is there anyone who recently applied for the spousal visa outland online, please share your application status.

Thanks
Unfortunately there's no guaranteed way to get an update. Up until very recently, online applications tend to wait 4-5 months for AOR.

You can try calling IRCC, some people are able to get a temporary application number that way, but it's not a guarantee. It only works for some people.

sk1622

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hi Experienced Members,

I have applied for inland spousal PR for my husband who is currently living with me in Canada. In the month of January, we plan to visit India for a month and then return back together.
Is it advisable for my husband to travel , given that his application is in progress under Inland, Canada class

Also, he will have his 6 months duration for visitor visa completed in January, appreciate your inputs,suggestions on the same

richieP

Mar 8, 2022
Hello there,
Applied for Spousal Sponsorship on 1st August
Outland (India) Paper
Received on 5th August 2022
Waiting for AOR.

Hello Fellow members, Do you know approximately how long does it takes to complete the application? is it actually taking whole two years?