+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Spousal Sponsorship (Inland/Outland/Paper/Online)

puzokumar

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Banglaore
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2018
AOR Received.
23-11-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Hi. I have a question. When we get biometric and medical request, do we have to book appointment with VFS office for giving biometric and also need a appointment with a doctor for medical or we can go there without making any appointments with the printed email we get? My principal applicant is in pakistan. Please advise me.
The instruction letter will have details specific to the country. - what does it say ?

VFS only works on Appointments - no walkin
medical test will have to be done by an IRCC approved panel physician - list is here
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

richieP

Mar 8, 2022
Hello, I have rather concerning question and need some suggestion/clarification:

I am Canadian Citizen Applied for my Wife's PR under Spousal Sponsorship In August. (outland-paper application)

We got her Medical and Biometric done in Nov 2022 and I got approved for SA in November 2022 as well.
Our file has transfer to New Delhi Visa office (according to my SA approval letter).
Today I heard that New delhi Visa office is where file of people with prior refusal goes. Also, this visa office is extremely slow. There is no refusal for my wife of any kind and I don't want to believe in such roumur but can someone shed some more light on this? as its been 2 months and we don't got any update and this made me worried.

Thank you in advance.

Cannybabe

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Hello, I have rather concerning question and need some suggestion/clarification:

I am Canadian Citizen Applied for my Wife's PR under Spousal Sponsorship In August. (outland-paper application)

We got her Medical and Biometric done in Nov 2022 and I got approved for SA in November 2022 as well.
Our file has transfer to New Delhi Visa office (according to my SA approval letter).
Today I heard that New delhi Visa office is where file of people with prior refusal goes. Also, this visa office is extremely slow. There is no refusal for my wife of any kind and I don't want to believe in such roumur but can someone shed some more light on this? as its been 2 months and we don't got any update and this made me worried.

Thank you in advance.
Hey there, I read somewhere (I don't have the link anymore) that since the Covid period, each application has been sent to the Case processing centers closest to the applicant in case interview is required. I was worried when mine got sent to the one in West Africa too until I read that. Anyone have an alternative opinion should let me know.

Reactions: richieP

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Hey there, I read somewhere (I don't have the link anymore) that since the Covid period, each application has been sent to the Case processing centers closest to the applicant in case interview is required. I was worried when mine got sent to the one in West Africa too until I read that. Anyone have an alternative opinion should let me know.
No,my application was processed in Canada, principal applicant is in India.

Reactions: Cannybabe

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM

Thank you in advance.
Your visa office is generally chosen by the applicant's location, not by the status of your application. But, during COVID, they started shifting applications to whatever VOs had the capacity to process them (eg. if London was supposed to be the office but it was super busy, they might send it to Paris instead.) I wouldn't worry about where it is.