My APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT section has this on my GCMS:
PAPER FILE
Office: Vancouver IRCC
#: Cxxxxxx

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Due Date: 2023/05/03
Assigned By: xxxxx
Assigned To: xxxxx

What does the above mean please? Can anyone interpret?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
PAPER FILE

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT

Is your LPP complete?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
PAPER FILE

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT

It means that a decision has been made on your application and the next step is the oath ceremony. And office responsible for scheduling your oath is Vancouver IRCC.

FYI: Due dates on GCMS notes are just a suggestion and can be pushed at any time by an officer

ngozifat

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
AOR Received.
29-09 2017
Med's Request
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
29-08-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2019
It means that a decision has been made on your application and the next step is the oath ceremony. And office responsible for scheduling your oath is Vancouver IRCC.

FYI: Due dates on GCMS notes are just a suggestion and can be pushed at any time by an officer
Thanks for your Reply.

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Just filed my taxes. Very much need my tax refund. :( My citizenship application hasn't been looked at since February. I don't want to come off as entitled, but I myself have to work 12 hour days and sometimes even longer at a tech job to be able to hold onto my job in the storm of current tech layoffs. I'm a top performer and I only got 2% per year salary increase since I started with my company. No one is hiring right now either. And now this strike happens. What is the prime minister's role in this? Can we make our voices heard? Will they listen to non-citizens?

synurge

Apr 1, 2017
What is the average wait time after all statuses change to getting the Oath invite. Surprisingly for my kids the status has not changed at all. Still shows everything as In progress
  1. ECAS says decision made but nothing further than that
  2. My status changed Mar 25 and its now about 20+days and no change

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
What is the average wait time after all statuses change to getting the Oath invite. Surprisingly for my kids the status has not changed at all. Still shows everything as In progress
  1. ECAS says decision made but nothing further than that
  2. My status changed Mar 25 and its now about 20+days and no change
Kids status directly changes to complete when parents application completes. They don't see any status transition like there parents. Oath depends on your processing office. So time varies.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Just filed my taxes. Very much need my tax refund. :( My citizenship application hasn't been looked at since February. I don't want to come off as entitled, but I myself have to work 12 hour days and sometimes even longer at a tech job to be able to hold onto my job in the storm of current tech layoffs. I'm a top performer and I only got 2% per year salary increase since I started with my company. No one is hiring right now either. And now this strike happens. What is the prime minister's role in this? Can we make our voices heard? Will they listen to non-citizens?
I work in a tech company as well, and I do not work 12 hrs, TBH sounds like you work in a toxic environment that encourages burn out and no care for mental health.

Anyways, the Minister of National Revenue, reports to the Prime Minister.so the PM does play a big role in this and could have stepped in to stop this nonsense before it began

It would be the responsibility of the Prime Minister and the Minister of National Revenue to oversee the negotiations with the striking employees' union and to ensure that essential services, such as the processing of tax returns and the distribution of benefits, continue to be delivered, etc same with IRCC these ministers report to Justin
  1. The employer and the union will typically engage in a period of negotiations to try to reach a settlement before the strike begins.
  2. If a settlement is not reached, the strike may proceed, and the employer may implement a contingency plan to ensure that essential services continue to be delivered.
  3. If the strike continues for an extended period, the employer may seek the assistance of a mediator or arbitrator to help facilitate negotiations and reach a settlement.
Ultimately, the Prime Minister and the Minister of National Revenue would work to ensure that any strike by CRA employees is resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible to minimize the impact on Canadians.

As a non-cit, you can contact your elected representatives, including Members of Parliament, and express your concerns, also send a letter to new papers etc etc and talk about how it affects you, tbh nth will happen good luck to us all, this will make us wait until next year as if IRCC did not already have a backlog

Reactions: GwenFayeth

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Hello my timeline is as below after recent updates:

Application type: Paper based
AOR: Aug 10, 2022
Visa Office: Edmonton
Background Check completed: Nov 24, 2022
Citizenship Test completed: Jan 20, 2023
Prohibitions Completed: Feb 28, 2023
Physical Presence Completed: Feb 28, 2023
Language Skills Completed: Feb 28, 2023
Decision Made: Feb 28, 2023
Oath Ceremony: Not Started

@admin: Could you please update my status in spread sheet. I noticed my AOR mention wrong spread sheet, if you can able to correct it that would be great

Hi rdmindia

Below is my timeline so far and I am from Edmonton, no progress since Jan 22. My application was online, do you think paper-based applications are faster in general?

Jan 22, 2023
Fingerprint results: Received

Jan 13, 2023
Activity status updated: Citizenship test

Jan 9, 2023
Scheduled for citizenship test

Jan 5, 2023
Fingerprints required

Dec 30, 2022

Aug 22, 2022
Application filed (AOR)

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Hi rdmindia

Below is my timeline so far and I am from Edmonton, no progress since Jan 22. My application was online, do you think paper-based applications are faster in general?

Jan 22, 2023
Fingerprint results: Received

Jan 13, 2023

Jan 9, 2023
Scheduled for citizenship test

Jan 5, 2023
Fingerprints required

Dec 30, 2022

Aug 22, 2022
Application filed (AOR)

I am not having data that supports paper based application is faster (you can refer smart sheet to verify whose application processed quickly based upon location https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_KE3Bu3C3gOyEm0mRVcJH9nEA2u2GOhfpUZOckOWmN0/edit?usp=sharing ). However, one of my friend he applied online (living in edmonton) and gave his test last week. He applied online end of Feb'23. Even his daughter (18 YO) also got the test invites. Its depends upon case officer.

Last edited: