+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

ExpatDad

Jun 17, 2018
As a follow-up, we received notification of the Oath Ceremony date in the Status Tracker. It said:

Waiting On You:
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on May 5, 2023.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
But, we haven't received an email notification. And, of course, the phone lines are all busy cause of the strike. Has anyone else had their oath scheduled before the email with the details actually arrived? We don't even know if it is in person or online.

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
As a follow-up, we received notification of the Oath Ceremony date in the Status Tracker. It said:​
Waiting On You:
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on May 5, 2023.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
But, we haven't received an email notification. And, of course, the phone lines are all busy cause of the strike. Has anyone else had their oath scheduled before the email with the details actually arrived? We don't even know if it is in person or online.
Email comes later. Sometimes few days later of tracker update and sometimes just a week before the actual ceremony.

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
I got an update this morning that all LPP steps are complete, new updates in bold below. Seems like they did this right before the strike began. So thanks to whoever handled my application.

Citizenship application status: In progress
Latest update: Apr 20, 2023

Application type: Online, Single
Office: Vancouver, BC
Application submitted: Aug 16, 2022
AOR: Aug 23, 2022
Physical presence: 1096
Background verification completed: Dec 16, 2022
Citizenship test taken: Jan 3, 2023
Citizenship test completed: Jan 10, 2023
Language skills completed: Feb 28, 2023
Prohibitions completed: Feb 28, 2023
Physical presence: Apr 18, 2023
Citizenship ceremony: Not started

Admins, please update the spreadsheet with boldface updates above.

Last edited:

NASARIS

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
Hi. My citizenship ceremony is scheduled for April 27, 2023. With the strike, I have no clue if it is going to get cancelled or not. However, until now we haven't received the email/mail about the ceremony details although we are less than a week away. Should I just wait or try to contact my processing office?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi. My citizenship ceremony is scheduled for April 27, 2023. With the strike, I have no clue if it is going to get cancelled or not. However, until now we haven't received the email/mail about the ceremony details although we are less than a week away. Should I just wait or try to contact my processing office?
There is no harm in contacting your processing office or calling IRCC. Currently its been seen that people who have Oath email are not getting cancellation till the last minute. Without email it's another dilemma.

NASARIS

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
There is no harm in contacting your processing office or calling IRCC. Currently its been seen that people who have Oath email are not getting cancellation till the last minute. Without email it's another dilemma.
This is the response I got from the processing office: "Due to the current labour dispute we cannot give the ceremony information at this time. Please be patient while we wait and see how long this disruption will last. We have not cancelled the ceremony as yet. You will receive direction closer to the ceremony to let you know if it will be cancelled or not."

HMO

Jun 18, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
------
Nomination.....
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
process started on 21 April 2015 and SLU 24 April 2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015 & TLU 27 May 2015
Interview........
------
Passport Req..
DM 06 Aug 2015 & PPR 06 Aug 2015 , PP submitted 10 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport collected on 20 Aug 2015 & Visa issue 04 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Jan/Feb 2016
No. I was travelling when I took my test. And during my travel time they asked me for the translated stamps and all passport pages. I forgot to send them all passport pages when I submitted my file. So they just wanted to know and verify my whereabouts.

I believe, the extra check was triggered because I was out of Canada.

My interview was online. The immigration representative only wanted to know my whereabouts. Although he did ask me questions unrelated to what was mentioned in the email I received about the interview. Like:
  • What did you submit for your english language proof?(I submitted my diploma as proof of language)
  • Where am I right now?
  • Did I face any immigration problem when I was leaving or coming back into the Canada
  • Did I have any issue with the Canadian law?
  • How long I was out from Canada?(I was travelling for 3 months after I submitted my file in August, which I believe triggered this extra check on me).
  • What am I doing now and what I was doing before my current job?
I moved to Toronto few months back and that's the address I gave them when I moved. The representative was expected me to have license from Ontario as proof of identity and address, but I still have previous province licnese. So he did ask me that I mentioned I am in Ontario but my address on license doesn't match what they have on my file. To which I explained that I haven't got the my license exchanged because, I believe, I submitted my previous province's license during my file submission and didn't want to take risk showing different license during interview. So, instead I showed him Ontario health card as proof of me living in Toronto.

I am awaiting oath ceremony email. I was told that I should receive it fairly quick since it's faster now compared to when It was covid. But we'll see how fast it is.

I would suggest, not to worry too much about the interview. As long as you hid nothing when you submitted your file and your information with them is up-to-date, it shouldn't be a problem.
Thank you so much for the information. this will help me :)

sathakkar

Aug 9, 2015
Same boat. I have oath ceremony tomorrow according to online tracker and haven't receive anything via email. Don't know what to do?