+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

reemwael

Mar 1, 2017
Can someone please advice about the interview date? I see in the tracking sheet that most people who took the test also got an interview date. Does this happen before or after the test? I just got a test invite without an interview date so I was wondering if it happens immedietely after the test or what should I expect exactly? TIA!

reemwael

Mar 1, 2017
Please update:

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1120
Application: Single
Application sent: August 19, 2022
Delivered: August 20th 2022
AOR: August 25th, 2022
Background completed: 25th November
Test invite Jan 5th
Test window Jan 11th-31st
Test taken January 14th

Reactions: Semeg and forw.jane

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Can someone please advice about the interview date? I see in the tracking sheet that most people who took the test also got an interview date. Does this happen before or after the test? I just got a test invite without an interview date so I was wondering if it happens immedietely after the test or what should I expect exactly? TIA!
Currently Interview date on the tracking sheet means "the date you took the test" and is not about the actual interview. Before Test and Interview were compulsory, so that thing is still being used in the tracking sheet. Interview currently is optional and a few get it, mostly who give test outside Canada or whose application processing took a long time. It generally happens after the Test before the Oath and sometimes just after the interview they may ask you to take oath on the same day too. You may not be called for an Interview and get Citizenship without it too.

Reactions: reemwael

Saima2022

Sep 20, 2022
Hello everyone I applied for citizenship in 2021 . My ecas shows descion made because I missed oath ceremony in sept 2022. Now waiting for my re oath . Today my ecas changed from decsion made to in process is this normal or should I worry?

leoamb

Star Member
Nov 19, 2022
Finally, my dream come through!!!! I talked about this on this thread Last month and here it finally is!!!!
  1. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/proof-citizenship/valid.html#e-certificates

That would be better to receive e-certificate after online Oath, which we won't need to wait for few weeks to wait for delivery of paper certificate, however, How could we apply for Canadian passport by mail-in application ? mail-in application requires paper certificate along with application forms.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
That would be better to receive e-certificate after online Oath, which we won't need to wait for few weeks to wait for delivery of paper certificate, however, How could we apply for Canadian passport by mail-in application ? mail-in application requires paper certificate along with application forms.
That a grey area as mail-in still requires you to send original certificate
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport/citizenship-proof.html

For the time being I feel e-certificate applicants need to go for in-person and sort out any issues then and there.
As e-certificates become mainstream they might sort out issue with mail-in too.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
IRCC and Passport Canada are virtually the same, so they change policies and procedures as stuff updates so no need to worry about that.

On this link, it says you can use the E-certificate to apply just like you would. so IRCC would already let Passport Canada know that this change will be in effect etc. and passport Canada most likely will update the application form soon

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/proof-citizenship/valid.html#e-certificates

If you have an e-certificate, you can

• always access it online
  • download and save it to any digital devices, such as a mobile phone, laptop, desktop, or tablet
  • print it
  • use it as you would use a paper certificate to access services and benefits, for example, when applying for a pension or Canadian passport

drew123

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
Hello! Who here received 'completed' update on their language, prohibition, and physical presence around 3rd week of December? Have you guys received your oath date yet?