+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

Sof_Tay

Nov 29, 2018
Some of my updates, in case it helps anyone. Not a lot of progress here compared to everyone else that’s posted so far, but fingers crossed we start to see some movement soon!

Type: Online Application
Physical Presence Days: 1230
Application: Single
Application sent: Aug 12, 2022
Delivered: Aug 12, 2022
AOR: Aug 18, 2022
Background Completed: Dec 13, 2022
Test Invite: Dec 19, 2022
Test Window: Dec 28, 2022 - Jan 18, 2023
Test Date: January 02, 2023

That’s it! Waiting for Test to show as Completed on my end.

netghost

May 5, 2020
My mom applied online on August 2 (Vancouver-based), she's over 60, so won't need a test. Just checked today (Jan 11), still no AOR. Is such a long delay for an AOR normal/typical for Vancouver? Do the online applications get processed in local IRCC offices (i.e. timelines to even receive an AOR are different for different cities/provinces)? And "conveniently" for IRCC you can't call or do any inquiry without an AOR...

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
My mom applied online on August 2 (Vancouver-based), she's over 60, so won't need a test. Just checked today (Jan 11), still no AOR. Is such a long delay for an AOR normal/typical for Vancouver? Do the online applications get processed in local IRCC offices (i.e. timelines to even receive an AOR are different for different cities/provinces)? And "conveniently" for IRCC you can't call or do any inquiry without an AOR...
Send them a webform enquiry. Hopefully there will be some response.

dollygirl

Dec 11, 2014
Please update the spreadsheet with the following.

In Process: October 20
Fingerprint request: December 6
Test Invite: December 20
Test interview date: January 8
Test completed: January 9

My background is still in progress. Does anyone know how you will find out when they've received your fingerprints?
Background completed: January 12

It doesn't mention fingerprints at all but I guess they received them since they completed background check.

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020

netghost

May 5, 2020
Ok, looks like we missed the AOR e-mail, but were checking the citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca, I was expecting the AOR to show up there once assigned, but that website still shows "Submitted" and no AOR. Weird user experience, but I was able to register both mom and dad for the tracker and looks like things are moving along after all. Sorry for the false alarm.

synurge

Apr 1, 2017
Today I got an email for pcc

We did a soft landing and we went back after a few days. I went to my home country for a few days and then to the country where I was working. I stayed there more than 183 days. I had mentioned in the physical presence form that I went to country a and then B to wind up employment and housing etc.

They sent an email asking for pcc from country a. Not sure how they made the assessment. There are exits on my passport that say I left and came in. The country b does not stamp cause we have cards that allows us jn thru pasport control.

Long story short, pcc can be provided for country A as requested but I am not sure if that is the right approach

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
Today I got an email for pcc

We did a soft landing and we went back after a few days. I went to my home country for a few days and then to the country where I was working. I stayed there more than 183 days. I had mentioned in the physical presence form that I went to country a and then B to wind up employment and housing etc.

They sent an email asking for pcc from country a. Not sure how they made the assessment. There are exits on my passport that say I left and came in. The country b does not stamp cause we have cards that allows us jn thru pasport control.

Long story short, pcc can be provided for country A as requested but I am not sure if that is the right approach
If they are asking for PCC for country A, you provide PCC for country A. It is not upto you if that is the right approach.

Last edited:
Reactions: synurge