+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

lcpng

Star Member
Sep 30, 2022
Hi all! To those who took the exam and passed what app can you suggest for review after reading the book. I am from October thread but I just want to prepare in advance. Thanks! :)

sdharan21

Star Member
Aug 14, 2022
The numbers are random and are also location dependent.

For e.g for Ottawa location, it's anywhere from 2-3/4 months or more from BG to test invite. I checked and June applicants are getting test invite in Dec first week. e.g BG was done in August first week, test invite Dec 2nd week.

So it matters which is your local office.

I am an Ottawa paper applicant and BG was completed on Nov 24 but no invite yet.
Gosh I am an Ottawa applicant too. Why doesn’t it take so much longer being the Capital city. Have you got your test day?

nitish.kpt

Aug 22, 2017
Hi All -

I passed the test yesterday Jan 3rd 2023. However, all my statuses are in progress. Is it normal to receive test invite when your BG check is still in progress ? I did get a ghost update a week before test invite though.

Thanks,
N

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All -

I passed the test yesterday Jan 3rd 2023. However, all my statuses are in progress. Is it normal to receive test invite when your BG check is still in progress ? I did get a ghost update a week before test invite though.

Thanks,
N
Give a week for your test to move to completion. It is normal to get invite before BG completion.

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Same here. Took the test January 3rd but my tracker profile hasn't updated. Apart from BG verification everything else shows in progress.

Anyone knows timelines of next steps after taking the test? I know currently processing times are 24 months, but I wonder if anyone has gotten their citizenship earlier than that?

andj14

Mar 22, 2019
Hello everyone.
Today had a good surprise when checking my application status. Eveything is set at completed at the tracker (except the Citizenship Cerimony). When I checked the ECAS, it shows Decision Made as well.
Can someone please update the spreadsheet ?

Now, lets wait for the cerimony invitation !

Reactions: Ranash and medwiz

Nshardha

Jan 3, 2023
Hello everyone.
Today had a good surprise when checking my application status. Eveything is set at completed at the tracker (except the Citizenship Cerimony). When I checked the ECAS, it shows Decision Made as well.
Can someone please update the spreadsheet ?

Now, lets wait for the cerimony invitation !
Can you please share ECAS link?

StrongBoy

Mar 3, 2020
I have cleared the test on 14 Dec but status still shows as In progress.. how much time it takes to get the status completed and invite for oath..?