Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
24-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016
LANDED..........
19-06-2016
Thank you for creating this tracking spreadsheet. Please add my information to the sheet.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1665
Application: Single
Application sent: 29-Aug-2022
Delivered: 29-Aug-2022
AOR: 02-Sep-2022
In progress: 05-Sep-2022
Please update my record. Thank you.

Background verification completed: 23-Dec-2022
Tracker updated citizenship test: 05-Jan-2023
Received test email instructions: 05-Jan-2023 (test window 13-Jan-2023 to 02-Feb-2023)
Send an email to request taking the test outside Canada: 06-Jan-2023

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Oh god, that's incredibly unsettling to have the second and third tests scheduled despite having already completed the first. As a person who does AI and software engineering for a living, that would be an embarrassment, as a lot of these things can be trivially automated while maintaining utmost security. Maybe IRCC can contract me for a while to create such a system for them. I'll even automate the "cheat detection" and "anomaly detection" so the captured images of test takers don't have to be manually checked (which I presume is the case currently).

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I got a confirmation email after I finished my test which contains the time the test was taken and my score. So that's proof.
But I think we should probably email/call IRCC to give them a heads up about our completed tests. Anyone has their email/number?

EDIT: To clarify, At the bottom of the page where the test was finished there was a button called Email. I pressed that and it sent me the confirmation page by email.
They do come to know that you completed the test. Wait for a week to get it completed. No need for explicitly informing them.
Still if you wanna -
IRCC +1-888-242-2100
Email - Same email address you got your test email from.

Reactions: GwenFayeth

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Oh god, that's incredibly unsettling to have the second and third tests scheduled despite having already completed the first. As a person who does AI and software engineering for a living, that would be an embarrassment, as a lot of these things can be trivially automated while maintaining utmost security. Maybe IRCC can contract me for a while to create such a system for them. I'll even automate the "cheat detection" and "anomaly detection" so the captured images of test takers don't have to be manually checked (which I presume is the case currently).

LOL Tell me about it, the way I sit and wonder if they have people who know these are easy fixes but it really depends on department priority and what team they allocate budgeting to.

The vast amount of IRCC budget is placed in new programs to get new people in Canada, not in citizenship.

anyways email them for a job you never know opportunities-opportunites@cic.gc.ca

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/careers/job-opportunities.html#jobpostings

kart_84

Apr 5, 2019
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1178
Application: Family(2Adults and 2 kids)
Application sent: Aug 19, 2022
Delivered: Aug 22, 2022
AOR: Aug 23, 2022
ECAS In Process: Nov 18, 2022
Background Complete: Nov 24, 2022 for my wife but not for me or my kids

I got a ghost update on same date as my wife but didnt get background complete till date. Also no test invite for me or my wife. Did anyone faced this or any clue on what could be the reason?
No fingerprint request so far.
Please update my location to Ottawa.

Looking at the spreadsheet Ottawa applicants might take longer than usual it seems.

Kanadyan143

Jan 7, 2023
Hi folks, just want to share my Timeline:

Physical Presence Days: 1135
Application sent: July 30
Application Received: August 2
AOR: August 9
Started Processing: Oct 28
Fingerprint Required: Nov 17
Fingerprint Received: Dec 4
Background Verification Completed: Dec 5
Test Invite: Dec 13
Test completed: Dec 21
Prohibitions/Presence/Language completed: Jan 5
Citizenship Oath: Not started
ECAS: Decision Made

dkfk

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
As an AI person myself, I'm just scratching my head at their level of inefficiencies. I suspect it's mainly due to bureaucracy and outdated systems.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi folks, just want to share my Timeline:

Physical Presence Days: 1135
Application sent: July 30
Application Received: August 2
AOR: August 9
Started Processing: Oct 28
Fingerprint Required: Nov 17
Fingerprint Received: Dec 4
Background Verification Completed: Dec 5
Test Invite: Dec 13
Test completed: Dec 21
Prohibitions/Presence/Language completed: Jan 5
Citizenship Oath: Not started
ECAS: Decision Made
When did you give your test?

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
As an AI person myself, I'm just scratching my head at their level of inefficiencies. I suspect it's mainly due to bureaucracy and outdated systems.
Looks like they will need you folks LOL since they are reducing Staff and will depend on AI so you should apply as well with @GwenFayeth this lawyer you all should follow him on Twitter he gets so much interesting information and share it, the link to the full PDF is also linked in his tweets

Reactions: GwenFayeth and dkfk

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I wonder if you need to be a Canadian citizen to work for them. They'll have to schedule my oath first LOL.

LOL i had the same thing in MIND i applied for a job with them from the inventory 3 months ago and in Dec the status Changed to
Results Available: Retained.
That status means:
"Retained - Your application has been retained. You will be contacted directly by the hiring organization if you are to be assessed further."

Also, they said you can work for them as PR, only some jobs that need high-level security clearance that only Canadian can get would require you to be a citizen.

I also do not wanna work for them i just thought my application would be faster, they pay too little if they pay me what i get now i might think about it lol

Reactions: GwenFayeth and dkfk

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
As a person who applied for a job at NRC before I became a PR, I can confirm they only give jobs to citizens, with exceptions made for PRs in roles that are of low sensitivity and require little to no security clearances.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Remember what I said above a few days ago, about why they do no invest much in the citizenship systems but invest so much in new programs these numbers will tell you.

It's a billion-dollar business, while we are already here so they do not much care to speed up our process :D :D :D :D just reading the full document in the tween i shared earlier today, really interesting read, also its very long lol

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Remember what I said above a few days ago, about why they do no invest much in the citizenship systems but invest so much in new programs these numbers will tell you.

It's a billion-dollar business, while we are already here so they do not much care to speed up our process :D :D :D :D just reading the full document in the tween i shared earlier today, really interesting read, also its very long lol

I was actually told that Citizenship applications are the least of their priorities because the applicants already have status and are mostly in Canada already. IRCC has no reason to rush the applications.

• Wow
Reactions: RefugeeHelp1