+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 Outland spousal Sponsorship.

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
Had the same questions in the past & these are what me & my partner presented.

1. I nominated my partner to be a beneficiary to my life insurance and submitted the signed "nomination form" as supporting document. My partner doesn't have an insurance so I had to produce this document by myself.

2. We live together and created a joint bank account 1-2 months before submitting our application. We used that bank account for payment of rent, utilities, groceries, food deliveries, etc. Not sure how applicable this is for you considering you don't live together.

3. For this we submitted the following:
- Letterˆ from his parents supporting our relationship/my PR application (he is a Canadian citizen)
- Letterˆ from my mum supporting our relationship & my migration to his country
- Letterˆ from my best friend supporting our relationship
- Screenshot of messages sent to our friends when we invited them for our housewarming
- Social media pictures (posted by him or myself) throughout the years showing a public display of relationship
- Pictures of us together with friends/family throughout the years. This included zoom pictures cause we were a pandemic couple haha
*Paper application so didn't have to worry about combining everything in one file.
ˆThere's online sources on suggested format, i recommend following those to make sure it's properly written.
Thank you for your response. I am still not clear about the first 2 questions, as it seems different from your case.

Hello,

I am sponsoring my wife(Outland), while filling Imm5533e document, there are some doubts regarding the below list. Can someone pls clarify?
  1. Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such a or insurance benefits)
  2. Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expenses.
  3. Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (e.g. Letters from friends/family, information showing a public relationship, etc.).
  4. Proof of past cohabitation, if you are not currently living together but did at one point in the past.

Question-related Point 1:
In our case, I and my wife are working, I am working here in Canada, and she is working in India and taking respective employer insurance benefits. Can we add a nominee to each other insurance and submit it as proof for Point 1. What is the suitable way?

Question-related Point 2:
As we both are working, we are not supporting financially now. Can we just open the joint account in India and make some transactions (like we deposit money in that account and she will do some spendings). Does it support Point 2, please clarify.

Thanks

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
From the below link, it says we need to apply for CSQ before applying for permanent residence. Can you please clarify if I understood something wrong?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/complete-0008-5669.html

If you plan to live in the Province of Quebec and are applying under a Quebec immigration program, have you received your Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ)?

1. Select the corresponding box
  2. If you selected “Yes”, enter the CSQ number
  3. If you selected “No”, enter the date when you applied for your CSQ (if you have not yet applied, please do so before applying for permanent residence)
Note: If you are not applying under a Quebec immigration program, select “no” for Question 6 a) and leave 6 c) blank.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
If you plan to live in the Province of Quebec and are applying under a Quebec immigration program
If you read this carefully, it has two conditions:
  1. If you plan to live in Quebec
  2. If you you are applying for a Quebec immigration program
You do not meet the second one, since spousal sponsorship is a federal program.

I highly recommend you do more research and reading to be 100% sure to avoid delays.

Here are the procedure details from two sources:
Procedure
To apply to sponsor someone, you must send the following to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada:

If IRCC finds your sponsorship application is eligible, you will be invited to continue the process by submitting an undertaking application to Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI).

Don’t wait for IRCC to contact you. Prepare your undertaking application in advance, including the application for the sponsored person’s selection certificate and all the required documents, so that you are ready to send it to MIFI as soon as you receive an invitation from IRCC to continue the process.
Source: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/apply/sponsorship-application.html

Quebec spousal sponsorship steps:
The first step when you decide to sponsor your loved onefor immigration to Canada is to a complete sponsorship and permanent residence application with the Government of Canada.

This will involve sending the specific completed forms, supporting documents and required processing fees to IRCC. In addition, you will need to include the sponsored person’s application for permanent residence along with supporting documents and the required fees.

Once your application is deemed eligible by IRCC, you will need to file an application for an undertaking with the MIFI. The undertaking is a contract that binds you as a sponsor to your spouse or partner and the Quebec government. You will need to download the specific kit from the MIFI website and fill out the forms, attach supporting documents and the required fees.

If your application is approved by the MIFI it will be forwarded directly to the IRCC office that is processing the application for permanent residence of the people you are sponsoring. The persons you are sponsoring will have to meet the health, criminality, and security requirements for IRCC to grant them permanent residence.
Source (may be outdated): https://www.cicnews.com/2021/01/how-to-sponsor-your-partner-for-immigration-to-quebec-0116721.html#gs.ka6ncx

Gagan22pkr

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Update: It was, in fact, the Pre-Arrival Services letter!

The rep just forwarded it to me a few minutes ago. :) Looks like good progress (and news) after all! :D
@siddharthbala : Do you know how the process works, I mean after first AOR do they send our file to our respective countries for background checking or only after approval of Spouse Eligibility, they process background verification?

Reactions: twinmama15

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
@siddharthbala : Do you know how the process works, I mean after first AOR do they send our file to our respective countries for background checking or only after approval of Spouse Eligibility, they process background verification?
For us I got sponsor approval, then my husband was sent his biometrics request and medical request. We linked his GCKey
Congratulations to both of you. :)
thank you

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
is there a specific timeline when a COPR is sent to entering Canada? I’ve read it is until the medical expires. Is this correct?

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Happy New Year, everyone! Here's to hoping that by this time next year, you'll be with your loved ones :)

Reactions: twinmama15