+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 Outland spousal Sponsorship.

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Just a quick update, we finally got my husband’s application linked to his GCKey, thankfully he’s more technically inclined then myself.

His background check has started processing, biometrics have been completed, just waiting on his medical to be sent from BUPA, and an interview is not being requested nor extra documents. So hopefully a good sign things are moving along as they should. :)

Reactions: siddharthbala

san.b

Dec 21, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I had a quick question: I recently submitted (Nov 15, 2021) the spousal PR application for my wife via thePR Confirmation Portal online. Should I create an IRCC account and link both (once I get the UCI - no AOR yet) or isn’t this mandatory? I do not know how would they communicate for further information. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Abhijith

Hello Abhijit,

Could you please give us more details on how to proceed with the outland spouse pr application online....

1). Is that Permanent resident online application portal?
2). Can i create a new account by myself .e. sponsor and login or it should be my spouse staying in india? Bit confused with on behalf of thing

Please suggest

Thanks & Regards,
San

iam_abhisnair

Star Member
Jun 20, 2021
Hello Abhijit,

Could you please give us more details on how to proceed with the outland spouse pr application online....

1). Is that Permanent resident online application portal?
2). Can i create a new account by myself .e. sponsor and login or it should be my spouse staying in india? Bit confused with on behalf of thing

Please suggest

Thanks & Regards,
San
Hey San,

1. Yes you can create an online account using the new PR confirmation portal: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
2. Yes, either you or the principal applicant can create the account.

Follow this link and his channel to know more on the documentation required:

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Abhijith

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
This page below should make everything clear. If it still isn't let me know and I can help you further.

There's only one application guide for both paper and online applicants (because they should be the same, just a different method of delivery).

The online application process is in the pilot and testing phase. But if you qualify you are free to use it if you prefer it over mail.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/how-to-apply-online.html
Thank you, this is really helpful.

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
Hi,
I am submitting the online application (for IMM134e), it doesn't allow me to type the name in the "Sponsor's Signature" section. Should I take the printout and scan the document to submit online or what is the suitable method for signing the document.
Thanks,

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
Hey San,

1. Yes you can create an online account using the new PR confirmation portal: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
2. Yes, either you or the principal applicant can create the account.

Follow this link and his channel to know more on the documentation required:

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Abhijith
Hi Abhisnair,
I saw your video, it's really helpful to start the application. Would you mind sharing the timeline of your online application.
Thank you

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
So I logged in to my eCAS this morning and it says under my wife's column 'Decision Made'.

Considering her medicals and Biometrics juuuuust happened, is this a good thing or.... a bad thing?

To note, I don't have access to GCKey (used a rep) so I'm waiting on them to confirm, but historically what does that mean? AOR2? Pre-arrival letter?

Reactions: twinmama15

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
Hello,

I am sponsoring my wife(Outland), while filling Imm5533e document, there are some doubts regarding the below list. Can someone pls clarify?
  1. Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such a or insurance benefits)
  2. Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expenses.
  3. Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (e.g. Letters from friends/family, information showing a public relationship, etc.).
  4. Proof of past cohabitation, if you are not currently living together but did at one point in the past.

Question-related Point 1:
In our case, I and my wife are working, I am working here in Canada, and she is working in India and taking respective employer insurance benefits. Can we add a nominee to each other insurance and submit it as proof for Point 1. What is the suitable way?

Question-related Point 2:
As we both are working, we are not supporting financially now. Can we just open the joint account in India and make some transactions (like we deposit money in that account and she will do some spendings). Does it support Point 2, please clarify.

Question-related to Point 3:
To show the relationship proof, do we need to add the WhatsApp chat as proof or what things to take care of while taking screenshots. We gonna add the screenshots of Instagram/ Facebook posts as well, do we have to make single documents of all the screenshots. What is the best way, please suggest.

Thank you,

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
So I logged in to my eCAS this morning and it says under my wife's column 'Decision Made'.

Considering her medicals and Biometrics juuuuust happened, is this a good thing or.... a bad thing?

To note, I don't have access to GCKey (used a rep) so I'm waiting on them to confirm, but historically what does that mean? AOR2? Pre-arrival letter?
I just checked my eCAS and it says decision made for my husband’s as well. He checked his GCKey account and it hasn’t updated anything except he passed his medical. Not much help I know lol. He passed his medical on Dec 21st so I wouldn’t think a decision has been made?

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
I just checked my eCAS and it says decision made for my husband’s as well. He checked his GCKey account and it hasn’t updated anything except he passed his medical. Not much help I know lol. He passed his medical on Dec 21st so I wouldn’t think a decision has been made?
That's what I'm wondering about too! Maybe it's a glitch or maybe it'll switch back to in progress or something when they've transferred it to the local visa office (i.e. that this 'Decision Made' is basically the Canadian CPC Officer going 'Yep, this looks good enough to move to local VO for processing.') or something. Either way not getting my hopes up until I get some sort of letter or update on what's happening. Fingers crossed! :D

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
That's what I'm wondering about too! Maybe it's a glitch or maybe it'll switch back to in progress or something when they've transferred it to the local visa office (i.e. that this 'Decision Made' is basically the Canadian CPC Officer going 'Yep, this looks good enough to move to local VO for processing.') or something. Either way not getting my hopes up until I get some sort of letter or update on what's happening. Fingers crossed! :D
My husbands was already moved to a VO, it’s unknown so no idea where it has gone but his background etc has been processing as well. Will be curious but yes fingers crossed for my husband and your wife

• Love

Hasoso

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
That is sponsor approval. Should get the letter shortly

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
That is sponsor approval. Should get the letter shortly
Can't speak for @twinmama15 , but not true in my case because I've already received the SA letter a week and a bit ago and the Sponsor's status (in this case, myself) has been 'Decision Made' for quite a while now.

The thing that's puzzling for me is that the PA's status also changed this morning to 'Decision Made', with the only noticeable event for them recently being their Biometrics and Medicals being done.

Hasoso

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Can't speak for @twinmama15 , but not true in my case because I've already received the SA letter a week and a bit ago and the Sponsor's status (in this case, myself) has been 'Decision Made' for quite a while now.

The thing that's puzzling for me is that the PA's status also changed this morning to 'Decision Made', with the only noticeable event for them recently being their Biometrics and Medicals being done.
For sponsor "Decision Made ", is SA, for PA, looks like passport soon for visa.