+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 Outland spousal Sponsorship.

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Did you check on GCKey? You don’t literally receive biometrics results as an email or a notification. When you pass, your biometrics information show up on GCKey usually with a 10 year expiry date. That’s how you know you passed.
We can’t get GCKey to link, I thought maybe it was the applicant numbers so we tried 1,2 and 4 as it’s just my husband that is the PA my daughters have dual citizenship. None of it worked so we’re a bit in the dark about what’s happening unless they send an email.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
We can’t get GCKey to link, I thought maybe it was the applicant numbers so we tried 1,2 and 4 as it’s just my husband that is the PA my daughters have dual citizenship. None of it worked so we’re a bit in the dark about what’s happening unless they send an email.
Call IRCC and see if someone can help with that.

Reactions: twinmama15

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
May be worth calling to see if they can help hyou log in to gckey but wouldn't worry about it for the biometrics - if they can get a readable print, it's a pass (and you'd know if it wasn't readable).

Gckey should be two people but you may have to try different combinations of ID and other data.

Reactions: twinmama15

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
May be worth calling to see if they can help hyou log in to gckey but wouldn't worry about it for the biometrics - if they can get a readable print, it's a pass (and you'd know if it wasn't readable).

Gckey should be two people but you may have to try different combinations of ID and other data.
thank you, they told my husband they were happy with his prints on the day. I’ll get him to try some different combos, we did email but that will take awhile I’m sure.

Gagan22pkr

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Alright, my wife just got her Medicals and Biometrics done (she works at VFS, so lol to both) - now we wait to see what happens after. It's our first wedding anniversary in 7 days and it kinda blows that she isn't here with me to celebrate, but ah well - hopefully many more to come! :)
when did you submit the application for your wife?

orcs

Jun 24, 2021
It seems like application processing is much faster for other countries but India.
I did not even get the Medical request after 5 months of submission for Indian application.
But yet, five August couples applying out of India already have had their passport requested! That's half of the 10 with passport requests on the spreadsheet, so I'm not sure I agree! But then again, almost 50% of the applicants on the spreadsheet are from India.

deep60801

Jan 6, 2020
I have gone through the below guides to sponsor my Spouse(Outland), I didn’t find any reference to start the online application. Is there an option to start the application online or there is only an offline option (sending documents by mail). Can someone please clarify?

1. Guide 5525 – Basic guide
2. Complete Guide (IMM 5289)

Thanks,

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
I have gone through the below guides to sponsor my Spouse(Outland), I didn’t find any reference to start the online application. Is there an option to start the application online or there is only an offline option (sending documents by mail). Can someone please clarify?

1. Guide 5525 – Basic guide
2. Complete Guide (IMM 5289)

Thanks,
This page below should make everything clear. If it still isn't let me know and I can help you further.

There's only one application guide for both paper and online applicants (because they should be the same, just a different method of delivery).

The online application process is in the pilot and testing phase. But if you qualify you are free to use it if you prefer it over mail.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/how-to-apply-online.html

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
when did you submit the application for your wife?
First time I submitted was back in March 2021. Returned in June and resubmitted around end August 2021.

Got my AOR around end-October.

Got the Sponsor Approval in early December.

My wife got her Biometrics and Medical Request in early December, too.

Reactions: keys8014

sai_chaitanya2001

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Hi,

Has anyone from this thread got a sponsor approval while unemployed ? I applied in September but I am currently unemployed.

I recently moved from US to Canada on PR and submitted sponsorship for my wife in India. I am unemployed but showed bank savings and mentioned that I am looking for jobs in Canada. I am wondering if I will be approved for SA(sponsor approval).

Has anyone got approved for SA while being unemployed ?