+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 Outland spousal Sponsorship.

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Any folks (paper-based spousal application) with AOR around October 28 have any movements on their applications? SA, etc.?

Hasoso

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Got AOR, SA, no BIL, and status of PA ECAS changed from "in process " to " application received ". Nothing in gc.
Who is receiving it?

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Quick question, my husband received his biometrics request through the night however I haven’t received my sponsor approval does this mean I am still waiting for that or I just haven’t been notified yet?

Last edited:

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Quick question, my husband received his biometrics request through the night however I haven’t received my sponsor approval does this mean I am still waiting for that or I just haven’t been notified yet?
i have the same question too, no SA but got biometrics request.

Reactions: twinmama15

Fc94

Dec 1, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions and you guys might be able to help.

We applied for an outland spousal visa at the start of August 2021. They started processing our application on the 14th of October. Two weeks ago I received my letters to give biometrics and also for my health exams. These were both done the day after the invitation was sent. My partner also received an email saying that he had been approved as a sponsor for me. It says that they have started processing my application on the 24th of Nov.

I have two questions about checking updates on the Client Application Status. Under "Sponsorship Application Status" it says Decision Made. Under "Permanent Residence Application Status" it says In Process.

What do these both mean in regards to the processing of the visa?

Thank you for your help.

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
The decision made means it’s for your partner to sponsor you so his Sponsor application is approved and your Principal Applicant is in process because it’s still in process.

quick question for you, did you get biometric and medical letters at the same time? My husband only received his biometrics invitation last night.

Fc94

Dec 1, 2021
The decision made means it’s for your partner to sponsor you so his Sponsor application is approved and your Principal Applicant is in process because it’s still in process.

quick question for you, did you get biometric and medical letters at the same time? My husband only received his biometrics invitation last night.
Thank you for clearing this up, sometimes I find all the different terminology so confusing.

I received my biometrics request on the 17th and went on the 18th.

On the 18th I received my medical exam request and went on the 19th.

It now says that they started processing my application on the 24th of November. So now it's just a waiting game for the next step I guess. I hope your husband hears back soon! We're applying outland from the UK but currently on holiday in Canada visiting my partners parents.

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Thank you for that and yes it is confusing for sure. It is now a waiting game, but maybe not too long to wait hopefully :) we live in Australia.

Fc94

Dec 1, 2021
Thank you for that and yes it is confusing for sure. It is now a waiting game, but maybe not too long to wait hopefully :) we live in Australia.
Oh nice! I used to live in Melbourne a few years back! Love it there, Summer is starting for you guys. I'm here in Canada till February, I'm hoping we hear back before then so we can just go to America and come back again if I get approved.

Reactions: twinmama15

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Ah nice we live in Melbourne :) would be much easier for you to go to the US and enter that way. I hope your approved by then :)