+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 Outland spousal Sponsorship.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Random question for everyone, we got a request for an updated criminal record. Do you think I could just upload a new one without a translation? It seems like a waste of money to translate it again as it's exactly the same as the original one we sent, but with an updated date and a new number. I think they can figure out November and Noviembre are the same month...
I would not risk it for a document that's been formally requested and is right on the list of required documents in the original app as well. This strikes me as a uniquely bad idea even if I understand your point.

(I actually did include a few optional supporting docs without translation in our case, but they were very much supplemental/for information and not essential to meeting the admissibility criteria)

orcs

Jun 24, 2021
You guys are right of course. I just didn't want to add 2 weeks of waiting for translations :(

Thank you.

I would not risk it for a document that's been formally requested and is right on the list of required documents in the original app as well. This strikes me as a uniquely bad idea even if I understand your point.

(I actually did include a few optional supporting docs without translation in our case, but they were very much supplemental/for information and not essential to meeting the admissibility criteria)

Hasoso

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Sorry guys , after SA, it says on ecas "We sent (Principal Applicant name ) a letter on November 17, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

Haven't gotten any letter for PA yet except SA on 18th to sponsor email. Anything to worry about not getting this letter they referring to?

Thanks.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Sorry guys , after SA, it says on ecas "We sent (Principal Applicant name ) a letter on November 17, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

Haven't gotten any letter for PA yet except SA on 18th to sponsor email. Anything to worry about not getting this letter they referring to?

Thanks.
I believe this is a biometrics letter. Check your spam folder. Check your PA's email too. Or just login to GCKey and get the letter from there.

Hasoso

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
I believe this is a biometrics letter. Check your spam folder. Check your PA's email too. Or just login to GCKey and get the letter from there.
I went apes on rep and he couldn't find an e-mail or an actual letter anywhere. Told me to wait a bit longer. Would be nice to hear from those who got their SA around 16th 17th 18th 19th November if they got biometrics letter after such message. Thanks

sujith87

Jul 7, 2015
I went apes on rep and he couldn't find an e-mail or an actual letter anywhere. Told me to wait a bit longer. Would be nice to hear from those who got their SA around 16th 17th 18th 19th November if they got biometrics letter after such message. Thanks
I got my wife’s biometrics letter first on Nov 18th.. then SA on Nov 19th and Medical request on Nov 20th.
The sequence could be different for everyone. If you got the SA to the sponsors email then don’t worry about the other letter that was mailed to PA as pretty much it will be the same. Keep checking your IRCC online account. They communicate everything via online and send emails to whoever the representative is. One SA is received they r pretty fast with biometrics and medical.. you should receive those soon

sujith87

Jul 7, 2015
That's interesting. Can you send a screenshot of the first page of your SA pdf? Hide your personal information.

Edit: It's not necessary to send the screenshot anymore, see armoured's response below:
Thanow DimT44 :) I have sent another email to IRCC.. hopefully they will get back to me with the visa office location.. will wait until the medical is done and then may be order for gcms notes

sujith87

Jul 7, 2015
I can’t say what that letter would be.. always check your inbox, spam, as well as IRCC online account..biometrics and medical request are always sent via online account and also email notification. In the email you would only get notification you got a message regarding your application.. the actual biometrics request letter will be available only in your IRCC online account..

hope this helps

Hasoso

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Letter was sent before idiot rep linked account, account was linked on 24th ( after SA) and letter sent on 17 according to ecas. Don't know if messages before linking will be in gckey. Just worried and pissed off I ever used rep. Will try to email ircc if any luck. Thanks friends for your replies.

Hasoso

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Last question for the week, if biometrics letter got misplaced, does biometrics request letter After SA have a deadline? Say 30 days? Cause they clearly sent biometrics letter and nobody knows where it went to, sent before SA .Thanks all.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Last question for the week, if biometrics letter got misplaced, does biometrics request letter After SA have a deadline? Say 30 days? Cause they clearly sent biometrics letter and nobody knows where it went to, sent before SA .Thanks all.
It typically does have a 30 day deadline, although IRCC not strictly enforcing in covid time. Webform to explain delay should be fine. I'd wait and send a webform explaining if you don't figure it out in three weeks or so.

Hasoso

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
It typically does have a 30 day deadline, although IRCC not strictly enforcing in covid time. Webform to explain delay should be fine. I'd wait and send a webform explaining if you don't figure it out in three weeks or so.
Thanks armored, on the top right side of gckey screen shot I got it says :
Biometrics:
Biometrics number:
Date of Biometrics enrollment:
Expiry date:
Is this always there after AOR 1 or is added after Biometrics request?. Will wait out few more weeks, it's just making me anxious. Happy reunification to all.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Biometrics:
Biometrics number:
Expiry date:
Is this always there after AOR 1 or is added after Biometrics request?. Will wait out few more weeks, it's just making me anxious. Happy reunification to all.
I think it's always there but not sure.

sujith87

Jul 7, 2015
Biometrics:
Biometrics number:
Expiry date:
Those information are always there. I saw that on my IRCC account from the time I linked the application online and I linked it after receiving AOR..