+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 Outland spousal Sponsorship.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
How do I link the PA to the application when I don't have PA UCI? I have AOR and SA, all have only my UCI. What to do ? . Thanks friends.
The instructions to linking the application are on the first sheet of the tracking spreadsheet. Did you try following them?

sujith87

Jul 7, 2015
Does anyone know to find which visa office is processing my application? I sent the webform online requesting to provide that info. I received an auto response saying we will respond to your query only if it’s priority..

I checked in my online account and all the communication documents with IRCC but could not find.

thanks

Hasoso

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
The instructions to linking the application are on the first sheet of the tracking spreadsheet. Did you try following them?
Tried to follow those instructions and to no avail. I only have access through ecas using sponsor uci. If one gets biometric request, what does it say on ecas? Anyone, thanks my friends.

Hasoso

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Does anyone know to find which visa office is processing my application? I sent the webform online requesting to provide that info. I received an auto response saying we will respond to your query only if it’s priority..

I checked in my online account and all the communication documents with IRCC but could not find.

thanks
If you got SA email it says they forwaded the application to xxx visa office. Hopefully this helps. Am quiet newbie too.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
How do I link the PA to the application when I don't have PA UCI? I have AOR and SA, all have only my UCI. What to do ? . Thanks friends.
Tried to follow those instructions and to no avail. I only have access through ecas using sponsor uci. If one gets biometric request, what does it say on ecas? Anyone, thanks my friends.
To be clear about your first question, you don't need PA's UCI to link your application on your account.
All you need is the sponsorship application number, which you can find at the top of your AOR email.

When you go to link your application, try application number and family name of the PA as it shows on your AOR letter. Then use either passport info or place of birth. I would recommend passport info.

As for your other question, on ecas it will say
3. We sent "PA name" a letter on "Date". Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

sujith87

Jul 7, 2015
Thanks Hasoso..
SA email only says we will forward your application to a visa office.. it doesn’t say which visa office though

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
I haven't got sponsorship approval yet. I am in canada, my file didnt got returned. I completed all the fields in the checklist.

But whats taking them so long !!

sujith87

Jul 7, 2015
If you got SA email it says they forwaded the application to xxx visa office. Hopefully this helps. Am quiet newbie too.

Thanks Hasoso..
SA email only says we will forward your application to a visa office.. it doesn’t say which visa office though

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Thanks Hasoso..
That's interesting. Can you send a screenshot of the first page of your SA pdf? Hide your personal information.

Edit: It's not necessary to send the screenshot anymore, see armoured's response below:

They have recently been sending out the SA letters without naming the visa office. They're not sending all or most files for given countries as matter of course as in the past. Seems they're moving files around so much they don't want to hold up the SA letter and to have flexibility to send to whichever office is fastest.

If you want to find out, wait or order gcms notes. It is possible they simply haven't assigned to an office yet.

Last edited:

Hasoso

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
To be clear about your first question, you don't need PA's UCI to link your application on your account.
All you need is the sponsorship application number, which you can find at the top of your AOR email.

When you go to link your application, try application number and family name of the PA as it shows on your AOR letter. Then use either passport info or place of birth. I would recommend passport info.

As for your other question, on ecas it will say
3. We sent "PA name" a letter on "Date". Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Thanks a lot DimT44 for clarifications. On ecas it says " we sent xxxx xx a letter on November 17th, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. " I thought they would be sending emails and not letters, unless am confused. They gonna send emails like aor and sa for biometrics too right?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Thanks a lot DimT44 for clarifications. On ecas it says " we sent xxxx xx a letter on November 17th, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. " I thought they would be sending emails and not letters, unless am confused. They gonna send emails like aor and sa for biometrics too right?
That's just standard text that everyone gets.

Whether your recieve the letter electronically or by mail depends on a lot of factors. Where it goes will also depend on if you filled a representative form or not.

But in general, if they have an email address they will send the letter there (check both PA and Sponsor emails and make sure to check spam folder). If you linked your application you will get a notification in the email address you have on GCKey and you have to login to GCKey to see the letter there. If none of these options are possible then I think IRCC will send the letter by mail. But again the text on ecas is just standard.

Is the sponsor also a representative on your application?

Hasoso

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
That's just standard text that everyone gets.

Whether your recieve the letter electronically or by mail depends on a lot of factors. Where it goes will also depend on if you filled a representative form or not.

But in general, if they have an email address they will send the letter there (check both PA and Sponsor emails and make sure to check spam folder). If you linked your application you will get a notification in the email address you have on GCKey and you have to login to GCKey to see the letter there. If none of these options are possible then I think IRCC will send the letter by mail. But again the text on ecas is just standard.

Is the sponsor also a representative on your application?
Thanks again DimT44, nice to know it's a standard text they send. We have a paid lazy representative who doesn't seem to know what's up and takes forever to reply back. He said no email yet . He says he will try to link the application to his account half an hour ago after I got mad about this missing letter. He changed all emails to his email in forms. Just wait and see if physical letter arrives, hopefully I don't miss anything.

Reactions: DimT44

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks Hasoso..
They have rectnly been sending out the SA letters without naming the visa office. They're not sending all or most files for given countries as matter of course as in the past. Seems they're moving files around so much they don't want to hold up the SA letter and to have flexibility to send to whichever office is fastest.

If you want to find out, wait or order gcms notes. It is possible they simply haven't assigned to an office yet.

Reactions: DimT44

orcs

Jun 24, 2021
Our SA form stated the visa office.

Random question for everyone, we got a request for an updated criminal record. Do you think I could just upload a new one without a translation? It seems like a waste of money to translate it again as it's exactly the same as the original one we sent, but with an updated date and a new number. I think they can figure out November and Noviembre are the same month...

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Our SA form stated the visa office.

Random question for everyone, we got a request for an updated criminal record. Do you think I could just upload a new one without a translation? It seems like a waste of money to translate it again as it's exactly the same as the original one we sent, but with an updated date and a new number. I think they can figure out November and Noviembre are the same month...
You should follow IRCC’s request to the letter. The ounus is on you to prove things, and you shouldn’t assume anything.