+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Hi,

I got my Oath ceremony date:17 April. Thanks everyone for all your help
Do we know how long does it take for the citizenship certificate to come after Oath
Did you get any email yet? How do you know it's online oath?

creatorzson

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Finally scheduled for Oath.

Application Submitted : August 2021
Fingerprints Request: June 2022
Test invite/completed: July 2022
Background Verification completed: January 2023
Interview Invite: Feb 22nd 2023
Interview Scheduled/Completed: March 7th 2023
Oath Email: March 7th 2023
Scheduled for March 14th 2023

Online tracker still shows Language, Physical Presence, Prohibitions in progress. Only Background and Citizenship Test is Completed.

Last edited:

Hmzmtl

Jul 5, 2022
Finally scheduled for Oath.

Application Submitted : August 2021
Fingerprints Request: June 2022
Test invite/completed: July 2022
Background Verification completed: January 2023
Interview Invite: Feb 22nd 2023
Interview Scheduled/Completed: March 7th 2023
Oath Email: March 7th 2023
Scheduled for March 14th 2023

Online tracker still shows Language, Physical Presence, Prohibitions in progress. Only Background and Citizenship Test is Completed.
Hey i have almost the same time line with fingerprints but still no mouvement after the background.
Whats the interview about
And whats your office please
Thanks

creatorzson

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hey i have almost the same time line with fingerprints but still no mouvement after the background.
Whats the interview about
And whats your office please
Thanks
Hi!

Interview lasted for less than 10 minutes only. They just wanted to check the ID's, travel document and wanted to confirm the time I was out of country. Didn't really check the details, they just asked where did you go and why and thats it with no dates. Towards the end, she just apologized fir the delay in processing and she said I should be expecting the Oath email within 2-4 weeks (Which I received later on same day)

Not sure which office my file is at. All the best to you!

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Hi!

Interview lasted for less than 10 minutes only. They just wanted to check the ID's, travel document and wanted to confirm the time I was out of country. Didn't really check the details, they just asked where did you go and why and thats it with no dates. Towards the end, she just apologized fir the delay in processing and she said I should be expecting the Oath email within 2-4 weeks (Which I received later on same day)

Not sure which office my file is at. All the best to you!
Was there any email you received for the interview?
I ask this to find out if there's an email address you can share that will be helpful for others.

creatorzson

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Was there any email you received for the interview?
I ask this to find out if there's an email address you can share that will be helpful for others.
Hi!

There was an email that I received for the interview. It came through IRCC.WestCitizenshipEApp-EappOUESTCitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Hope it helps.

For some reason it now shows two Oath ceremonies scheduled for me March 14th and April 11th when I check online in the tracker. I have attended the March 14th one as that's the only one which was sent in the email with instructions . Waiting on citizenship certificate now.

All the best to everyone who are waiting.

Reactions: Kanedaa

zee18

Jun 30, 2022
This thread has gotten quiet as I assume a lot of people have received their citizenship. I am still waiting and getting quite anxious. It's almost been a year since I wrote the test. Anyone else here still waiting?

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
This thread has gotten quiet as I assume a lot of people have received their citizenship. I am still waiting and getting quite anxious. It's almost been a year since I wrote the test. Anyone else here still waiting?
Same here - did my test in April-2022 and still waiting for next steps, Language, Physical Presence & Prohibitions still pending....!! Not sure if I will get an Oath invite this year.!

• Wow
Reactions: abbas.pasha

Hmzmtl

Jul 5, 2022
Don’t worry same here test done on june 2022

Hmzmtl

Jul 5, 2022
Citizenship Processing time now reduced one more month to 22 months.
Citizenship Processing time now reduced one more month to 22 months.
After reading and comparing a lot of cases my conclusion with all this mess is: 90% of applicants are done with the process in 12 months or even less
The reste of us for some reason it can take 2 or 3 and some times 4 years and trust me some people have been waiting since 2019 ( see it on a facebook groupe )
the million dollars question is why
And I think its because of our immigration history ( the way you came to this country and the way you got your PR )

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
My Canadian citizenship process finally ended(Including Indian OCI)

Time taken for various stages

Citizenship application to oath : August 2021 - January 2023(17 months & 10 days)
Citizenship certificate : 5 days
Canadian passport(from the date of application) : 1 month
Indian passport surrender certificate(from the date of application) : 3 weeks
Indian OCI(from the date of application) : 1 month

This forum has helped me a lot right from my PR days to Citizenship. Thank you all.

dragon1234

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
After reading and comparing a lot of cases my conclusion with all this mess is: 90% of applicants are done with the process in 12 months or even less
The reste of us for some reason it can take 2 or 3 and some times 4 years and trust me some people have been waiting since 2019 ( see it on a facebook groupe )
the million dollars question is why
And I think its because of our immigration history ( the way you came to this country and the way you got your PR )

"Immigration history"-Can you elaborate?