+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

anand_natesh

Sep 1, 2021
Brantford
No update on my online application since April 2022. This is the response I got from MP office. Any suggestions?

Hello,
Thank you for contacting the office of MP Larry Brock. Larry has asked me to reply to your email.
In pre-Covid times, the published processing time started when a “complete” application was received at IRCC and applied to 80% of applications. 20% of applications exceeded published processing times. The current published processing time is:
Citizenship grant 24 months
Since March 2020, published processing times are overdue or no longer apply. MP offices have no ability to expedite the processing of any applications. We are aware that all immigration streams are experiencing significant delays due to the covid19 backlog.
As of October 31/22 there was a significant shift in the way IRCC allows MP offices to deal with any issues related to immigration. On November 2, 2022 our office was advised that IRCC will no longer provide email status updates. IRCC has withdrawn our ability to conduct routine enquiries/intervention for any applications related to processing times. Additionally, we are no longer able to contact IRCC by phone for any updates. Our only avenue to request information from IRCC is to submit an email, requesting a call back, with proof of urgency.
We are not satisfied with IRCC’s new procedures and MP Brock is committed to addressing the issues with the highest authority at the federal government.
Unfortunately, at this time, we are not able to intervene or provide information for any non-critical issues. IRCC defines critical issues for urgent processing as follows:
To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply and have an emergency, such as:

• Needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
  • Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation.
You may be interested in the following link which describes IRCC service standards and how they are (not) meeting their own targets.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/service-declaration/service-standards.html#prcard
We regret this is not the answer you were hoping for, but hope you will find this information useful.
Thank you,

LAST UPDATE:
TEST INVITE DATE: April 04, 2022
TEST DATE: April 14, 2022

Name: Anand_Natesh
Date of application: Aug 25, 2021
AOR: Nov 9, 2021
Online Application

Anything we can do now? or is it just a waiting game?

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
No update on my online application since April 2022. This is the response I got from MP office. Any suggestions?

Hello,
Thank you for contacting the office of MP Larry Brock. Larry has asked me to reply to your email.
In pre-Covid times, the published processing time started when a “complete” application was received at IRCC and applied to 80% of applications. 20% of applications exceeded published processing times. The current published processing time is:
Citizenship grant 24 months
Since March 2020, published processing times are overdue or no longer apply. MP offices have no ability to expedite the processing of any applications. We are aware that all immigration streams are experiencing significant delays due to the covid19 backlog.
As of October 31/22 there was a significant shift in the way IRCC allows MP offices to deal with any issues related to immigration. On November 2, 2022 our office was advised that IRCC will no longer provide email status updates. IRCC has withdrawn our ability to conduct routine enquiries/intervention for any applications related to processing times. Additionally, we are no longer able to contact IRCC by phone for any updates. Our only avenue to request information from IRCC is to submit an email, requesting a call back, with proof of urgency.
We are not satisfied with IRCC’s new procedures and MP Brock is committed to addressing the issues with the highest authority at the federal government.
Unfortunately, at this time, we are not able to intervene or provide information for any non-critical issues. IRCC defines critical issues for urgent processing as follows:
To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply and have an emergency, such as:

• Needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
  • Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation.
You may be interested in the following link which describes IRCC service standards and how they are (not) meeting their own targets.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/service-declaration/service-standards.html#prcard
We regret this is not the answer you were hoping for, but hope you will find this information useful.
Thank you,

LAST UPDATE:
TEST INVITE DATE: April 04, 2022
TEST DATE: April 14, 2022

Name: Anand_Natesh
Date of application: Aug 25, 2021
AOR: Nov 9, 2021
Online Application

Anything we can do now? or is it just a waiting game?
IRCC is doing everything to hide it's slow process.

The only option I see is that going to Press/Media by coming together.

Last edited:

Hmzmtl

Jul 5, 2022

I know a February and a march 2022 applicant and they are done with the process… how come ?
And we still waiting
I dont understand this is not fair at all
What exactly make our file delayed
Is it the agent it self or the office or
something else
Maybe the country you coming from make a difference
Maybe its just luck and randomly they leave some files apart
What is it
Slow process yes but only for a few of us,

Reactions: amerkhaled

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018

2022 paper applications are consistently being processed in 3-6 months, while basically the older the application, the longer the delay. The worst off are late 2019 and early to mid 2020 applicants, who are waiting 2+ to 3+ years. I think as many people as possible should go to the media. I found this CTV News page with a contact person who is (or was earlier this year) looking to hear from people:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/are-you-facing-long-immigration-wait-times-we-want-to-hear-from-you-1.5880119

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Update: I got a request to submit passport scan of all pages including blanks.
I had the request to submit colored scanned of passports in April 2022 ( for myself and my daughter (minor) and the test invite came in May 2022 .
I have my interview this week.
But for my son ( Adult) the test invite came in MAy 2022 along with me and then they asked recently last week, for colored scanned copies of his passport and an interview next week.

Its a mixed bag, depends who has your file and how they want to proceed.