+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

abo0286

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Toronto, Canada
I had the request to submit colored scanned of passports in April 2022 ( for myself and my daughter (minor) and the test invite came in May 2022 .
I have my interview this week.
But for my son ( Adult) the test invite came in MAy 2022 along with me and then they asked recently last week, for colored scanned copies of his passport and an interview next week.

Its a mixed bag, depends who has your file and how they want to proceed.
you are right. there is no consistency. I already passed my test and everything else in April. Im stuck on physical presence.

Reactions: ashvez

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
I finished my interview today at Mississauga Office. My Journey through the interview.
It was in the morning 8:15 am , my turn came at 11 am and by the time I finished it was 11:25 am. My officer was a person who checks everything in detail. Usual questions about address, work, travel dates and also any stamps which are in a language other than English,they will ask about that. I had already got it translated those stamps when they had asked me to provide the scanned copies of the passport in April 2022.
But, I feel they see the application only when they call the interview, as they should have checked these things before and verified with their sources.
The officer told me he would like to verify the stamp with their sources if he is good with what I have provided then I will get an oath invite for in person or virtual ceremony in 2-4 months. All the officers are polite .
So waiting game still continues. Hope he is satisfied and I can reach the finish line soon.

Good luck for others!

Can administrator please update the excel sheet. Thank you!
Interview completed on 24th Nov 2022. Invite came through email. Nothing updated in the Tracker.

Reactions: abbas.pasha

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
I got my oath invitation yesterday! It's taking place Dec 5.

My application went on a grand tour- I applied in Montreal, it got moved to a different office in Montreal, then Vancouver. And the oath invitation came from...Saskatoon.

Reactions: Katfezy

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
I finished my interview today at Mississauga Office. My Journey through the interview.
It was in the morning 8:15 am , my turn came at 11 am and by the time I finished it was 11:25 am. My officer was a person who checks everything in detail. Usual questions about address, work, travel dates and also any stamps which are in a language other than English,they will ask about that. I had already got it translated those stamps when they had asked me to provide the scanned copies of the passport in April 2022.
But, I feel they see the application only when they call the interview, as they should have checked these things before and verified with their sources.
The officer told me he would like to verify the stamp with their sources if he is good with what I have provided then I will get an oath invite for in person or virtual ceremony in 2-4 months. All the officers are polite .
So waiting game still continues. Hope he is satisfied and I can reach the finish line soon.

Good luck for others!

Can administrator please update the excel sheet. Thank you!
Interview completed on 24th Nov 2022. Invite came through email. Nothing updated in the Tracker.
Today the Tracker got updated and unfortunately my Background check which was completed in Dec 2021 is now 'In progress'
And they have updated as , due for interview for the date 24th NOV which had already passed .
Total mess how it is updated.
I hope things get to completed soon, without any further twists and turns.

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
I got my oath invitation yesterday! It's taking place Dec 5.

My application went on a grand tour- I applied in Montreal, it got moved to a different office in Montreal, then Vancouver. And the oath invitation came from...Saskatoon.
What your timelines? We have been waiting for oath since July 20th. Saskatoon office

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
What your timelines? We have been waiting for oath since July 20th. Saskatoon office
Just checked the oath invite again- maybe I am wrong that it's Saskatoon. It came from DN MB SK CIT Ceremonies. Is that just kind of a combined MB and SK office?

Edited to add timeline:
Aug 20, 2021 Application submitted
Oct 25 2021 AOR
March 21, 2022 background completed
April 2 Test
Aug 16 Interview
Nov 3 Decision Made
Nov 23 Oath invite

Last edited:

tonymeland

Star Member
Aug 5, 2022
Just requested my third set of GCMS notes, this time from IRCC. Everything else the same (waiting for Oath ceremony since 10 May).

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
Just checked the oath invite again- maybe I am wrong that it's Saskatoon. It came from DN MB SK CIT Ceremonies. Is that just kind of a combined MB and SK office?

Edited to add timeline:
Aug 20, 2021 Application submitted
Oct 25 2021 AOR
March 21, 2022 background completed
April 2 Test
Aug 16 Interview
Nov 3 Decision Made
Nov 23 Oath invite
Ok thanks. I think we received a test request from kind of similar email addresss.

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Today the Tracker got updated and unfortunately my Background check which was completed in Dec 2021 is now 'In progress'
And they have updated as , due for interview for the date 24th NOV which had already passed .
Total mess how it is updated.
I hope things get to completed soon, without any further twists and turns.
Latest update is , today 26th Nov, My tracker got updated with BG, Language , Prohibitions and Physical Presence from 'In Progress' to 'Completed'. Can't believe the update happens on a Sat. But, won't complain , happy and relaxed by God's grace the other factors have reached completion.
Now waiting for the next step...Oath ceremony!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Latest update is , today 26th Nov, My tracker got updated with BG, Language , Prohibitions and Physical Presence from 'In Progress' to 'Completed'. Can't believe the update happens on a Sat. But, won't complain , happy and relaxed by God's grace the other factors have reached completion.
Now waiting for the next step...Oath ceremony!
congratulations

Reactions: ashvez

Hmzmtl

Jul 5, 2022
Another week no update
Im thinking if no update by the end of the first week of December, everything will be on hold till they are back from the holidays…