+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

tonymeland

Star Member
Aug 5, 2022
Our citizenship application delays are just the tip of the iceberg. Take a look at this e-mail from my MP's office after I reached out to them:

Hi Tony,

I've sent in a status update request to IRCC today.

Sadly, this is taking approximately 2 months for them to respond to our queries right now, though they are promising improvements in the next couple of weeks.

The attached open letter from the NDP to PM Trudeau will help you understand what's happening and how we are pushing back to try and fix the problem.
If no news within 2 months from our office, please follow up by replying to this email.

Read the attached letter here: https://suricata.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/2022-08-24-Singh-and-Kwan-Joint-open-letter-PM-Trudeau-re-IRCC-E.pdf

Reactions: trumprefugee

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
Finally took oath today!!...now waiting for the certificate.....Also I can access the tracker now.
Did you get your certificate yet?

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Did you get your certificate yet?
Congratulations!

I still can't access my tracker. When I called IRCC to resolve my technical issue, they asked me to send a webform and then the technical team will look into the issue. I told them till my tracker issue gets resolved. I would have to call them every week to find out what is the status of my application ;)

GargiS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Finally took oath today!!...now waiting for the certificate.....Also I can access the tracker now.

Received the citizenship certificate today (25th Oct 22) in mail ! Now on to the next job of applying for Canadian Passport, was just looking at the process and documents needed, that whole Guarantor thing is so confusing....anyone has any idea about how to proceed if no Guarantor - perhaps from experience of someone in your friends / family or if anyone can share any relevant links/groups/threads on this forum regarding no guarantor situation ? Thank you !

Reactions: Lupus and ashvez

CaribbeanSensation

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Received the citizenship certificate today (25th Oct 22) in mail ! Now on to the next job of applying for Canadian Passport, was just looking at the process and documents needed, that whole Guarantor thing is so confusing....anyone has any idea about how to proceed if no Guarantor - perhaps from experience of someone in your friends / family or if anyone can share any relevant links/groups/threads on this forum regarding no guarantor situation ? Thank you !
Guarantor is an adult Canadian citizen with a passport that has known you for 2 years. Can be a family member or a buddy or a coworker. Can even be your family doctor or dentist.

Reactions: ashvez and GargiS

GargiS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Guarantor is an adult Canadian citizen with a passport that has known you for 2 years. Can be a family member or a buddy or a coworker. Can even be your family doctor or dentist.
No family member that qualifies this criteria ! Don't have any dentist here yet and my family doc not sure how that will work, havent seen her also in 2 years ! I am aware there is a form that one can get signed from someone if no Guarantor in place...wondering if anyone has more info about that - where to get the form from/ who signs it etc etc!

CaribbeanSensation

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
No family member that qualifies this criteria ! Don't have any dentist here yet and my family doc not sure how that will work, havent seen her also in 2 years ! I am aware there is a form that one can get signed from someone if no Guarantor in place...wondering if anyone has more info about that - where to get the form from/ who signs it etc etc!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html#no-guarantor

Reactions: GargiS

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Many Congratulations! Hope you get your passport soon :)

• Love
Reactions: GargiS