+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

tonymeland

Star Member
Aug 5, 2022
Hey, wanted to give you an update.

Had my oath today. Winnipeg office is the absolute worst.
I got super unlucky with the clerk, first thing he said during oath group announcement was if anyone has travel plans in next 2 months please reschedule! The person who checked my registration also said same thing, she wanted me to disconnect the call and reschedule oath. She said brother's marriage is not a valid reason for expedited certificate. WTF

My brother has never been married before and this is a first family wedding as I have no other siblings. According to her, this is not urgent?
She said send me the proof of travel after oath along with oath form..I but cannot guarantee you will get the certificate in 10 days. Omfg :(
What in the world??? This sounds worse than a "third-world country."

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Got an email from CIC asking for document evidence related to my travel history :(
My case seems will be delayed for another 6+ months.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

I got super unlucky with the clerk, first thing he said during oath group announcement was if anyone has travel plans in next 2 months please reschedule! The person who checked my registration also said same thing, she wanted me to disconnect the call and reschedule oath. She said brother's marriage is not a valid reason for expedited certificate. WTF

My brother has never been married before and this is a first family wedding as I have no other siblings. According to her, this is not urgent?
She said send me the proof of travel after oath along with oath form..I but cannot guarantee you will get the certificate in 10 days. Omfg :(
Ouch that is weird... seems someone got of the bed on the wrong side :)

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Got an email from CIC asking for document evidence related to my travel history :(
I sent the documents, received an automated mail, one of the sentences read "...A decision/response to your request or notification of submission will be added to your file in our system within 5 business days of receipt."

Fingers crossed.

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016

Best wishes for you. Hope you receive the certificate in time.

Reactions: warrior30

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
Did you request any notes or file a web form for your status ? or was it just random ?

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
I did request GCMS notes on Oct-10, not sure if that request triggered this.
could be that probably as the officer has to review your file before sending your notes.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
could be that probably as the officer has to review your file before sending your notes.
Could be - that's something good.
For people who's application is stalled for 6+ months should all try it.