+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Hi guys, I

applied for Citizenship Application on August 16th 2021, got the AOR on October 22nd 2021 and passed the online exam April 22nd 2022. I got a request for fingerprint test which I submitted on May 28th 2022. Since then, I have heard nothing. I slacked off and didnt follow up as I assumed everything will go fine but on September 6th, I sent an email to ccrtis-scictr@rcmp-grc.gc.ca asking them to confirm if they have received my fingerprints. I was told by the fingerprinting agency to wait for 4 weeks before sending this email. I waited for 3 months (which I regret now). I have tried calling but i have not been able to get through.

Is this a normal delay? The online tracker doesn't even acknowledge that they have received (or sent a request to me) my fingerprints. Not sure how to proceed here as they wont reply to my email that was sent 1.5 months ago. Any recommendations?

Here's a screenshot of the tracker: https://postimg.cc/DWGrzQ81

Screenshot

Thanks!

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Hi guys, I

applied for Citizenship Application on August 16th 2021, got the AOR on October 22nd 2021 and passed the online exam April 22nd 2022. I got a request for fingerprint test which I submitted on May 28th 2022. Since then, I have heard nothing. I slacked off and didnt follow up as I assumed everything will go fine but on September 6th, I sent an email to ccrtis-scictr@rcmp-grc.gc.ca asking them to confirm if they have received my fingerprints. I was told by the fingerprinting agency to wait for 4 weeks before sending this email. I waited for 3 months (which I regret now). I have tried calling but i have not been able to get through.

Is this a normal delay? The online tracker doesn't even acknowledge that they have received (or sent a request to me) my fingerprints. Not sure how to proceed here as they wont reply to my email that was sent 1.5 months ago. Any recommendations?

Screenshot

Thanks!
This is kinda frustrating normal for many people like us.
We all need to come together and approach media or other channels.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Hi guys, I

Screenshot

Thanks!
Try sending them a webform. Also try calling them as early as possible. Between 8AM-8:30AM. Call many times as you can during the day until you get through.

Reactions: asd1985

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
To everyone who did their oath online. What does that process look like? What timing do they give you for when it will be done on the day provided?
The whole process usually takes around 2 hours. It's mostly a lot of waiting around as they check everyone in and help people with any technical issues they might be having (like setting their zoom name to their seat numbers). Mine was a few minutes over 2 hours. Then you will need to sign the oath form and email it back. Allow for 3 hours to be safe, although most likely you will be all done in under 2.5 hours.

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
This is kinda frustrating normal for many people like us.
We all need to come together and approach media or other channels.
Our timelines are very similar so hopefully we can all get through this asap. its just frustrating to not hear anything from them.

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
Is there anyone from August 2021 applicant waiting for oath? My decision was made on 21st July. After that there is nothing. I have also signed up to new tracker.
I contact them but as usual standard reply.

Gondal27

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
My question is as we are outside Canada. While taking oath I will be in Canada. I have also 10 years daughter. She is not required for oath under the law as she is less than 14 years old. If she does not come while I am taking oath in Canada. Is there any issue for her. Her citizenship certificate will be given to me or they can deny her certificate as she is not in Canada?
Response is appreciated.

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Try sending them a webform. Also try calling them as early as possible. Between 8AM-8:30AM. Call many times as you can during the day until you get through.
I spent all day calling them at +1 613-998-6362. It is crazy how messed up the system is over there. No one takes the call and then when you are forced to leave a voicemail, you can't because the voicemail is full. I twitted at them today but I doubt anyone is checking. I have emailed them twice already. Not sure how I'm going to get lucky here, if at all.

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Hi guys, I can't access the Citizenship Application Tracker but I cant access the site where I uploaded all of my citizenship docs. I'm guessing my GCKey was revoked and I either missed that email or it got lost in spam. I ended up creating a new profile in an attempt to link it with my application. I'm unable to link it as the system wont let me link a Citizenship application. What am I doing wrong here? Sorry for the dumbness in my question as it has been such a long time since I tried logging in to GCKey.

Also, if i cant get through to RCMP for confirming the reception of fingerprints (4 months due) then will calling IRCC help?

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
I spent all day calling them at +1 613-998-6362. It is crazy how messed up the system is over there. No one takes the call and then when you are forced to leave a voicemail, you can't because the voicemail is full. I twitted at them today but I doubt anyone is checking. I have emailed them twice already. Not sure how I'm going to get lucky here, if at all.
Isn't this the no ? 1-888-242-2100

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Usually you can expect it within 1-2 weeks...
I had requested for expedited certificate from SCR office (cpl of days before the ceremony(by email, stating upcoming business travel) and also mentioned that during the ceremony) which I got within 3 days.
Hey, wanted to give you an update.

Had my oath today. Winnipeg office is the absolute worst.
I got super unlucky with the clerk, first thing he said during oath group announcement was if anyone has travel plans in next 2 months please reschedule! The person who checked my registration also said same thing, she wanted me to disconnect the call and reschedule oath. She said brother's marriage is not a valid reason for expedited certificate. WTF

My brother has never been married before and this is a first family wedding as I have no other siblings. According to her, this is not urgent?
She said send me the proof of travel after oath along with oath form..I but cannot guarantee you will get the certificate in 10 days. Omfg :(

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ashvez