+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

My oath is scheduled for aug 16th no email invitation yet
was wondering shud I be worried coz i dint get email in the past for citizenship test too had to do the test thru tracker.
Anybody here scheduled for oath on aug16 and have no email invite yet
I don't think there's a definite timeframe to receive the email from my observation. You may get it closer to the ceremony date. My personal recommendation would be to reach out to them 3-4 business days prior to the Ceremony (via call) in case you haven't received the email by then.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

100% AGREED.
In my case, Passport application can wait a bit. I’m in no rush and I don’t have any urgent travel plans in the near future. So as long as I receive my Citizenship Certificate, I’m HAPPY.
+1 - and also, passport timelines will theoretically shorten once the summer rush subsides at the end of this month. So, us August applicants will have escaped the crazy multi-month wait for passports, fingers crossed. Maybe I've now jinxed it, we'll see ;)

Reactions: Vangamu

Vangamu

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
My oath is scheduled for aug 16th no email invitation yet
was wondering shud I be worried coz i dint get email in the past for citizenship test too had to do the test thru tracker.
Anybody here scheduled for oath on aug16 and have no email invite yet
My Oath is scheduled for Thursday August 18th and I haven’t received the instructions email yet. So I called IRCC yesterday by 3:30pm and spoke with an agent. First, She confirmed the scheduled Oath Date (August 18th) then she said that the email can be sent out up to 2 days prior to the Citizenship Ceremony. She urge me to call them back if I don’t receive it by Next Tuesday August 9th.

Vangamu

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
+1 - and also, passport timelines will theoretically shorten once the summer rush subsides at the end of this month. So, us August applicants will have escaped the crazy multi-month wait for passports, fingers crossed. Maybe I've now jinxed it, we'll see ;)
+10. AGREED. That’s totally my point. If you don’t have any URGENT travel plans next month or so, you could always apply for passport at a future date after receiving Oath Certificate.

Reactions: 8494193

ashin86

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Visa Office......
Ndvo
My Oath is scheduled for Thursday August 18th and I haven’t received the instructions email yet. So I called IRCC yesterday by 3:30pm and spoke with an agent. First, She confirmed the scheduled Oath Date (August 18th) then she said that the email can be sent out up to 2 days prior to the Citizenship Ceremony. She urge me to call them back if I don’t receive it by Next Tuesday August 9th.
Oh great
Thanks

ashin86

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Visa Office......
Ndvo
I don't think there's a definite timeframe to receive the email from my observation. You may get it closer to the ceremony date. My personal recommendation would be to reach out to them 3-4 business days prior to the Ceremony (via call) in case you haven't received the email by then.
Thanks
Appreciate ur reply

Reactions: 8494193

ashin86

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Whats the number to reach at and what if they hang up saying high call volume

ani8886

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-06-2017
Passport Req..
14-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2017
LANDED..........
19-11-2017
Congratulations

My timeline is similar to yours, what is your processing office ?
Thanks. Not sure what's my processing office is, but I live in Toronto (east of Yonge St). How can I find the info about the processing office?

Reactions: tbear

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Finally, my oath of citizenship has been scheduled. Noticed this today and update is dated August 2 as Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress and scheduled to attend the ceremony on August 24,2022.
It says follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation. So I will wait to receive this in my email.

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
I got an update today, though not the kind I expected. I am scheduled for an interview in about two weeks. I have no idea why, so it's making me a little nervous.

Anyone else here had an interview?

citikane

Aug 27, 2021
You can if you have valid travel tickets to show to the passport office.

Fill up the application form now itself and give your guarantor a heads-up. Once you receive your Certificate of Citizenship just get to your closest passport office with the application+copy of your certificate+ copy of your travel ticket and you have a good chance of getting the passport in 4 weeks.
Thanks BeerBeem,
I really appreciate your response. However, I already decided I am going home & I want no hassle or unknown factors hanging just before travel. And, I am in no rush.
Hence, I already got reply to present my boarding pass after I am back to Canada. Then, they will give me new date. I am relieved. No more unnecessary stress.

Again, BeerBeem, thank you.

Reactions: BeerBeem

citikane

Aug 27, 2021
I got a passport appointment on August 26 so was hoping to receive the certificate before then. My oath date is August 9.
Plan to travel on September 2 because I haven't seen my family since 2019 and they couldn't get the Canadian visa so we are meeting in Boston instead. I will send an email to IRCC to ask and will also ask after the oath as well. Thank you for your response.
I am travelling on Oct. I postponed my oath, which was end of this month. Considering mine, your seems really tight. Follow BeerBeem’s advice and get PP on time. Gonna be some stressful days prior travelling.

Reactions: BeerBeem

Katfezy

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Whats the number to reach at and what if they hang up saying high call volume
I have been trying for many days. They always hang up after that "high volume" message. I am either not calling the correct number or this needs lot of luck (which I don't seem to be having looking at my application processing time)