+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Daasnamher

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Hello forum members

I am September 2021 Citizenship Online Applicant. In my case only Test is completed (almost a month ago) and everything else is in progress. No fingerprints requested and no idea about background check. Has anyone experienced this ? Please let me know. My timeline is in my signature.

All the best

Regards
Same situation

August 2021 online applicant, Scarborough office
Test completed April
BG check still in progress

Here's a thread where a lot of us update status. Please put timeline here
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-applicants-test-completed-in-more-than-2-months-and-everything-else-still-in-progress-including-bg.755219/page-6#post-10150102

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Same situation

August 2021 online applicant, Scarborough office
Test completed April
BG check still in progress

Here's a thread where a lot of us update status. Please put timeline here
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-applicants-test-completed-in-more-than-2-months-and-everything-else-still-in-progress-including-bg.755219/page-6#post-10150102
Thanks for the link.

In your case were fingerprints requested ? If yes, did you submit ?

Regards

Reactions: Daasnamher

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
For me, fingerprints were not requested. Based on my GCMS notes from IRCC and CSIS, criminality is cleared and security clearance is pending with CSIS.
Mine is opposite. Security is done and Criminality is in progress.

Lets see. All the best. Thanks for the info.

Regards

Daasnamher

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Mine is opposite. Security is done and Criminality is in progress.

Lets see. All the best. Thanks for the info.

Regards
Very interesting! Usually that should trigger a fingerprint request. Have you reached out and asked IRCC if there is a pending request?

Also, what office ?

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Very interesting! Usually that should trigger a fingerprint request. Have you reached out and asked IRCC if there is a pending request?

Also, what office ?
Yes I asked IRCC they said nothing is being requested as of now. Also in my ATIP GCMS notes, under security its mentioned “no reportable trace” and Security is completed.

My processing office is Scarborough.

Honestly, i thought that Fingerprints were a part of Criminality. Correct me if I am wrong

Regards

Reactions: Daasnamher

Daasnamher

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Yes I asked IRCC they said nothing is being requested as of now. Also in my ATIP GCMS notes, under security its mentioned “no reportable trace” and Security is completed.

My processing office is Scarborough.

Honestly, i thought that Fingerprints were a part of Criminality. Correct me if I am wrong

Regards
Yup that's my understanding as well that fingerprints are a part of criminality. Our GCMS notes are exactly opposite. My criminality shows "No reportable trace"

Last edited:

madho

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Hi, Members can you please help to advise, how can 2nd parents sign a consent form for their child if both parents are in different countries?

citikane

Aug 27, 2021
Update on my end:
App-type: Online
App on: 25 Aug
Test on : 21 May
Test pass Complete : 27 May
All complete (except Oath) : 21 Jul
Oath: Not Started

Question: I am travelling (outside Canada) on first week of October. If I completed my Oath before that & do not receive passport (or even certificate) by then, can I still travel with my old (home-country) passport?

As far as I know, the old passport would not be valid after oath ceremony??

Suggest please. Your few words would save my day. Thanks.

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Update on my end:
App-type: Online
App on: 25 Aug
Test on : 21 May
Test pass Complete : 27 May
All complete (except Oath) : 21 Jul
Oath: Not Started

Question: I am travelling (outside Canada) on first week of October. If I completed my Oath before that & do not receive passport (or even certificate) by then, can I still travel with my old (home-country) passport?

As far as I know, the old passport would not be valid after oath ceremony??

Suggest please. Your few words would save my day. Thanks.

Hi Everyone
same situation:
my citizenship application is in process, waiting for oath.
i am planning to visit india in September last week,

please suggest options from below or if any other options available

a. I need to postpone oath date, if it arrived in Aug or Sep 2022?
b. attend oath and apply for Canada passport and India e-visa / entry visa / OCI and travel to india, surrender indian pasport in india and return to canada with canada passport

1. any one travelled with canadian passport, with indian e visa with out surrender india passport
2. is it possible to get e-visa with out surrender indian passport
3. any issues faced to surrender indian passport in india
4. return to canada with entry and exit stamp on canada passport after surrender india passport

Thanks

Last edited: