+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello ,
I logged in today to see the status of my application and I see that Oath Ceremony is scheduled for 1-Nov.
I have a question here, I am travelling outside Canada during this period and will have to request cic to reschedule my Oath Ceremony. Does anyone have experience with this? I read online that submitting web form is the way to inform them about rescheduling. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
You can reach out to IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to request for rescheduling your ceremony.
Email subject should be your Application#: Pre Arranged Travel.
You can inform them when you are likely to come back to Canada in the email... Depending your dates they can then reschedule your ceremony...

I have don't have experience in rescheduling but I tried to request IRCC to reschedule the ceremony earlier, since I had pre-arranged travel, to an earlier date which they said No too and suggested "that I can request for cancelling the scheduled ceremony and keep my PR Card intact and reach out to them via email to request to be rescheduled after you have RETURNED to Canada. I would have most likely be rescheduled within 4-6 weeks from the date of my request"

Reactions: mober21

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Almost five months of inactivity since Decision Made. Tried multiple times to get a status from IRCC but all I get is canned answers. Is it worth going on Twitter and adding pressure that way?
Did you email your processing office (reply to the email that your test invitation came from) or order GCMS notes?

NBFamBam

Star Member
Feb 6, 2022
Q, on the oath invitation that will give you, will it state there if it’ll be virtual still or in-person? I see some from fb that some of them are back in-person oath. Just curious. Thanks.

Yep! it has zoom details for you to log in an says its a virtual ceremony.
I got the email instruction re: oath and it is an in-person oath taking. It says its a biligual ceremony and I think certificate will be given the same day.

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Q, on the oath invitation that will give you, will it state there if it’ll be virtual still or in-person? I see some from fb that some of them are back in-person oath. Just curious. Thanks.

I got the email instruction re: oath and it is an in-person oath taking. It says its a biligual ceremony and I think certificate will be given the same day.
It will state

tonymeland

Star Member
Aug 5, 2022
  • Sad
Reactions: trumprefugee

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
@trumprefugee did you get your passport yet? Lol I know it’s too early to ask but heyy…we never know, processing time is probably quicker nowadays! Backlog wave is gone
Haha I wish! I applied regular service, and they gave me ETA of beginning of February and said I could start checking status online 20 business days after applying. I do hope that it will be a little faster, given that people have finished their summer vacations and they are making progress tackling the backlog. We can consult these statistics that are updated weekly to track the progressing handling backlog:
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/passport/statistics.html

Did you apply for passport yet?

Reactions: Vangamu

Vangamu

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Haha I wish! I applied regular service, and they gave me ETA of beginning of February and said I could start checking status online 20 business days after applying. I do hope that it will be a little faster, given that people have finished their summer vacations and they are making progress tackling the backlog. We can consult these statistics that are updated weekly to track the progressing handling backlog:
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/passport/statistics.html

Did you apply for passport yet?
Thank you for providing in-depth details in regards to passport backlog and current application trend. Yes I applied for my passport Regular service via Service Canada on Monday October 3rd 2022. ETA February 6th 2023. What is the link where we can check the status online ? Do you mind sharing info?

Reactions: trumprefugee

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thank you for providing in-depth details in regards to passport backlog and current application trend. Yes I applied for my passport Regular service via Service Canada on Monday October 3rd 2022. ETA February 6th 2023. What is the link where we can check the status online ? Do you mind sharing info?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/check-passport-travel-document-application.html
select the radio buttons, then click the "Request status of your application" button at the bottom of the page
alternatively here is a direct link to the "Request status of your application" page:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/rs-vd/stat-eng.aspx

Kandy27792

Dec 14, 2016
Got an update on Oath ceremony today. It was scheduled for Nov 2 (got this update last week). Now it has been scheduled at October 15. Anyone received similar update?

Varunjog89

Star Member
Aug 7, 2021
Got an update on Oath ceremony today. It was scheduled for Nov 2 (got this update last week). Now it has been scheduled at October 15. Anyone received similar update?
I got something similar. It was Nov 1 but now says October 26. And both updates appear on the dashboard

Varunjog89

Star Member
Aug 7, 2021
My oath was originally scheduled for Nov 1. Today there was an update on the dashboard and it's scheduled for Oct 26. However both statuses still appear on the dashboard. Should I just wait for the email from the office?

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
I have called several times ( Same standard reply of 26 mths from the date of application). Sent Webforms twice but no response yet.
I gave my test on May 28 th 2022 and it updated on 31st May . I have been waiting for oath invite past 4 months and still no sign.
Anyone had got response from IRCC when contacted? Very desperate !

Varunjog89

Star Member
Aug 7, 2021
I have called several times ( Same standard reply of 26 mths from the date of application). Sent Webforms twice but no response yet.
I gave my test on May 28 th 2022 and it updated on 31st May . I have been waiting for oath invite past 4 months and still no sign.
Anyone had got response from IRCC when contacted? Very desperate !
Bro I waited 7 months from test and finally got oath invite last week

Reactions: ashvez