+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 AOR

samm153

Jun 2, 2021
Hey Folks,
I have applied under Express Entry CEC stream and I already received PR confirmation portal email (AOR Aug 09) but I did not confirm my permanent residency as I am getting married soon and want to add spouse in my existing application.
My fiancé had recently applied for TRV(Tourist Visa) but it was refused and refusal was on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I invited her and also provided invitation letter when filing her application. I want to know

1. What is the success rate of my application approval if I add her considering the fact that her tourist visa was rejected once.
2. How can I justify her refusal

I am really stressed and would appreciate if anybody has gone through similar situation or has any suggestions on this topic.

JackJaiswal

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
I am planning to travel to India in 3rd week of Jan due to family function I have Ecopr for full family and I am planning to travel back to Canada alone what would you think if PR card doesn’t arrive by then ? I will apply for PRTD documents for myself but do you think that there will be a mandate for my family to come with me or they can come later? Any thoughts or suggestions would be highly appreciated. Please see my signature for timelines Ecopr received Nov 8

samm153

Jun 2, 2021
I am planning to travel to India in 3rd week of Jan due to family function I have Ecopr for full family and I am planning to travel back to Canada alone what would you think if PR card doesn’t arrive by then ? I will apply for PRTD documents for myself but do you think that there will be a mandate for my family to come with me or they can come later? Any thoughts or suggestions would be highly appreciated. Please see my signature for timelines Ecopr received Nov 8
If you have valid US visa, you can cross border via road using your COPR. In case, if you don't have US visa you would have to apply for PRTD to enter back in Canada. Secondly, your family doesn't need to travel with you. Good Luck :)

Reactions: JackJaiswal

JackJaiswal

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
If you have valid US visa, you can cross border via road using your COPR. In case, if you don't have US visa you would have to apply for PRTD to enter back in Canada. Secondly, your family doesn't need to travel with you. Good Luck :)
Thank you

KT@9879

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Got ghost update around 5:30pm. :D

Background check changed from "In Progress" to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information".

2nd medical pass still pending.

KT@9879

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Got two ghost updates in last 20mins.

1st GU: 2nd time Medical Passed ( Medical Passed -> Back to Default Message -> Medical Passed again today)
2nd GU: No Update in Profile.

Reactions: veronvillanueva30

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Got two ghost updates in last 20mins.

1st GU: 2nd time Medical Passed ( Medical Passed -> Back to Default Message -> Medical Passed again today)
2nd GU: No Update in Profile.
@Sar123 Your GU for MEP might be around the corner as well... Though, trouble is it could be 1 day in the future or 1 or 2 weeks in the future...

Reactions: KT@9879

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Reactions: KT@9879

KT@9879

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Hey Folks,
I have applied under Express Entry CEC stream and I already received PR confirmation portal email (AOR Aug 09) but I did not confirm my permanent residency as I am getting married soon and want to add spouse in my existing application.
My fiancé had recently applied for TRV(Tourist Visa) but it was refused and refusal was on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I invited her and also provided invitation letter when filing her application. I want to know

1. What is the success rate of my application approval if I add her considering the fact that her tourist visa was rejected once.
2. How can I justify her refusal

I am really stressed and would appreciate if anybody has gone through similar situation or has any suggestions on this topic.
I don't have much information about your case. May be my case is good enough as an answer, so my spouse trv got rejected in 2019 on the similar ground before our marriage, and after marriage we filed our PR application and yesterday we received the COPR letter for my dependent (outland).

I would say add your spouse and soon you both will receive the PR.

@GandiBaat Please provide your thoughts on this.

blinkymila

Dec 15, 2018
Job Offer........
Yes
CEC Aug 2021 Inland / Spouse Outland

21 July:
ITA
25 Aug: AOR
23 Sep: Biometrics Updated for both
24 Sep: Ghost email
17 Oct: Document Requested and submitted same day
19 Oct: Medical Passed but same day, status changed back to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes"

then no updates till now:confused: anyone in the same boat
yes pretty much got the exact same timeline