+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Sandy2020

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
Hi,
I am in same situation, as PR card is taking too long, thinking should we apply spouse outland sponsorhip with COPR. Did you try to submit the PR card after you got it via webform?
IRCc not accept any document untill You get your application no

ritod101

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
FYI. Please don’t apply with just COPR. IRCC Agent on phone said we can apply with just COPR as PR cards delivery was getting delayed with COVID and was taking several months. But spouse PR application applied in August was returned in Feb quoting that they need PR card to confirm eligibility for sponsorship. Several web requests was getting no correct response too or else would have submitted PR card after I got it. Now need to start all over again and I wish it was online and not paper based.
Wow! This is strange. I applied in August with just COPR as I didn't have my PR card at the time. My application was never returned.

inda

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Wow! This is strange. I applied in August with just COPR as I didn't have my PR card at the time. My application was never returned.
I am also planning to do the same, did you update your application with PR card after you received it ?

ritod101

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
I am also planning to do the same, did you update your application with PR card after you received it ?
Yes, I did as soon as I got my AOR1. Make sure to attach a letter explaining why you only have COPR at the time of submitting the application and let them know you will provide the PR card as soon as it is available. They only return app if you attach no explanation for any missing document.

@win

Apr 1, 2021
Hi,

Can anyone tell how to approach MP.
Please also tell me can I fill webform to inquire on my file even if I hired a representative

chloe_planet

Jan 29, 2021
Received DM and PPR today! :D
I haven't gotten any updates for months and was getting very anxious.. But now I'm very happy that it's finally approaching the end!
Since I'm in Canada right now, my lawyer is going to send a webform to VO that I'm currently in Canada and will do a virtual landing. Hope the process goes smooth. In the meantime I'm going to take PR photos today! :)

adusafoa01

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
I haven't gotten any updates for months and was getting very anxious.. But now I'm very happy that it's finally approaching the end!
Since I'm in Canada right now, my lawyer is going to send a webform to VO that I'm currently in Canada and will do a virtual landing. Hope the process goes smooth. In the meantime I'm going to take PR photos today! :)
Wow congratulations, you said didn't update in months same here 4months after medical passed and no update am so anxious, just don't know why they are delaying in giving me an update.

chloe_planet

Jan 29, 2021
Wow congratulations, you said didn't update in months same here 4months after medical passed and no update am so anxious, just don't know why they are delaying in giving me an update.
Right.. I didn't get any updates for about 4 months so I know how you feel. If you can, make sure to get GCMS notes requested just to see how it's going at least. Hope you hear back some good news soon too!

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Congrats ! That's really exciting ! I know the feeling. No news for over 2 months when we finally got DM on Saturday. Now hoping PPR isn't going to take another 2+ months !

Reactions: chloe_planet