+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Rman01

Dec 7, 2020
Did you convert your file into a PDF before uploading? I think that keeps the images as they are. Or you can add an explanation note with each file saying they go together? For us when they asked for an additional doc, they said to email it or mail it in - they didn't ask us to upload it. But I guess that may depend on the VO.
Yes I did, the fact is I had almost 1k images initially, I eventually used less than 200

Reactions: sboo16

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
I think my wife got approved today. We received a letter asking for her passport (or passport pictures given that she is in a visa-waiver country.)

Is she approved? What do we do?

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
That sounds like PPR, which would pretty much mean approval, yeah.

Timeline ?

2020-08-24 - applied
2021-03-11 - Biometric request and AOR-1
2021-03-26 - Medical Request and Sponsor Approval
2021-04-15 - Medical passed
2021-06-08 - Pre-Arrival
2021-06-10 - PPR (apparently)

thanks!

Reactions: jckp

sboo16

Jan 22, 2021
Hey guys,

In Appendix A of the PPR, do we have to fill out my name (sponsor) and info in the spouse/partner row? I am already in Canada. Only my husband (PA) will be travelling.

Last edited:

kolombbc

Jun 10, 2021
Hi, all, congratulation to who already received approvals or close to final stage of the long process.

I am seeking your valuable advice on my wife' application which is somehow stuck after providing additional document of 'intent of return' on March 16, 2021.

Here's my update:

Application received: Aug 10, 2020
Police Cert request: Jan 8, 2021
Biometrics Instruction Letter: Jan 8, 2021
AOR1: Jan 9, 2021
SA: Jan 9, 2021
Medical check request: Jan 9, 2021
Biometrics Enrolment: January 22, 2021
Medical passed: Jan 25, 2021
Moved to VO: Hong Kong
Additional letter request “Intent of return”: Feb 22, 2021
Technical issue in uploading via online account: called IRCC and logged the issue within online account on March 8, 2021
Additional letter request submitted: via Web form on March 16, 2021 (since uploading was not available in our online account), submitted it by uploading when the upload function was becoming available online on April 9, 2021

The Application status and Latest update have been remaining as below,

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

"Review of medical results - January 25, 2021: You passed the medical exam."

I have just applied for GCMS notes a couple days ago but is there more that we can do/ should do. I started to concern over the application daily which there is no progress/ update for almost 3 months from the first submission of 'intent of return' via webform.
Did IRCC really receive it or they would send out the acknowledgement of receipt via email or state in our online account?
What else should I do?

Thanks a lot and appreciated.

dominic420

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Hi, all, congratulation to who already received approvals or close to final stage of the long process.

I am seeking your valuable advice on my wife' application which is somehow stuck after providing additional document of 'intent of return' on March 16, 2021.

Here's my update:

Application received: Aug 10, 2020
Police Cert request: Jan 8, 2021
Biometrics Instruction Letter: Jan 8, 2021
AOR1: Jan 9, 2021
SA: Jan 9, 2021
Medical check request: Jan 9, 2021
Biometrics Enrolment: January 22, 2021
Medical passed: Jan 25, 2021
Moved to VO: Hong Kong
Additional letter request “Intent of return”: Feb 22, 2021
Technical issue in uploading via online account: called IRCC and logged the issue within online account on March 8, 2021
Additional letter request submitted: via Web form on March 16, 2021 (since uploading was not available in our online account), submitted it by uploading when the upload function was becoming available online on April 9, 2021

The Application status and Latest update have been remaining as below,

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

"Review of medical results - January 25, 2021: You passed the medical exam."

I have just applied for GCMS notes a couple days ago but is there more that we can do/ should do. I started to concern over the application daily which there is no progress/ update for almost 3 months from the first submission of 'intent of return' via webform.
Did IRCC really receive it or they would send out the acknowledgement of receipt via email or state in our online account?
What else should I do?

Thanks a lot and appreciated.
You will most likely receive more details in GCMS notes. They quiet often provide no confirmations of received additional documents. Your application is being delayed due to the same reasons as others- COVID. I hope you will get an update soon, but many visa offices currently process applications submitted around February, 2020. And unless your visa office is in US you can expect the process take 15-17 months instead of 12.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey guys,

In Appendix A of the PPR, do we have to fill out my name (sponsor) and info in the spouse/partner row? I am already in Canada. Only my husband (PA) will be travelling.
What is in this appendix A?

If this is the height and eye colour form, then it course the answer is no

Reactions: sboo16