+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, only this correspondence I received till now and absolutely do not know what is happening because there is complete silence after that update. Hope everything goes well now.
Even I am considering to apply for TRV as this process is killing me
I'd suggest you call IRCC to ask, no-one else can tell you.

As for TRV: sure, apply. If you want to join your spouse, apply. Might get refused, but you certainly won't get one if you don't apply.

amos13

Feb 25, 2021
I received an emedical tracking sheet from the panel physician for my medical exam. Do I need to send a webform attaching the tracking sheet to the IRCC?

MelissaMP1

Jun 1, 2020
Hi Everyone,

In Feb we finally received our first letter + biometrics.

We live in Dubai and my husband went to the Centre to do his biometrics - is there anything else we need to do? Do the Centre send the biometrics in or are we meant to share something else?

Any information would be great!

Thank you

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
Quick update, gang -

My wife submitted her biometrics on March 26th, 2021. We received her medical request on the same day. We literally didn't hear anything from August-March, but it seems like things are moving quicker now.

Do we need to do anything with the biometrics piece? She gave her fingerprints and photo at a USCIS facility in the United States, and received a stamped receipt. Do we retain this for our records, or do we have to submit it via webform?

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
Quick update, gang -

My wife submitted her biometrics on March 26th, 2021. We received her medical request on the same day. We literally didn't hear anything from August-March, but it seems like things are moving quicker now.

Do we need to do anything with the biometrics piece? She gave her fingerprints and photo at a USCIS facility in the United States, and received a stamped receipt. Do we retain this for our records, or do we have to submit it via webform?
no need to submit it, if you have a GC key account those are already linked to your application.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
no need to submit it, if you have a GC key account those are already linked to your application.
What do you mean GC Key account? We have a file number, but we haven't yet set up the GC Key account or linked any of that. In fact, I was under the understanding that we couldn't do that, as I'm her representative on her application.

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
What do you mean GC Key account? We have a file number, but we haven't yet set up the GC Key account or linked any of that. In fact, I was under the understanding that we couldn't do that, as I'm her representative on her application.
she need to signup her own CIC GC key account and link application there..

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Hi all

I am a Canadian citizen living in the Netherlands with my Finnish partner, who I am sponsoring.
Our application was received on August 7th, 2020 at CPC Sydney. It has been a long process since, but we received our AOR on January 28th, 2021, and since have gone through Medicals, Biometrics, SA, provided the additional documents and know that our application is at the Beijing VO for processing.

Our additional documents were received yesterday, we had uploaded them via webform as we had no option to do it via gckey, on March 15th, 2021. Our application is supposedly in being processed in Beijing since March 19, 2021.

My question is simply, since we have our GCKey/MyCIC account, should we be expecting any communication or mail from IRCC or will be rest be happening via email or via the account ?

Thank you !

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Our additional documents were received yesterday, we had uploaded them via webform as we had no option to do it via gckey, on March 15th, 2021. Our application is supposedly in being processed in Beijing since March 19, 2021.
What additional documents were requested?

My question is simply, since we have our GCKey/MyCIC account, should we be expecting any communication or mail from IRCC or will be rest be happening via email or via the account ?
If you've been getting requests by email, you should either receive subsequent by email or email telling you there is correspondence for you in gckey.

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
What additional documents were requested?
Police Certificates. We had sent in the one from the Netherlands, but requested also the one from Finland and Australia (where he lived prior to moving to the Netherlands.

Thank you so much for the reply regarding the correspondance ! We were worried important stuff could still be delivered by mail.

Reactions: armoured