+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
.... Unfortunately, photos are not valid anymore, more than 6 months. ...
You're saying that the photographs intended to show the relationship can't be more than 6 months old? I don't recall this requirement. I do recall there's now a limit of 20 (I've seen people in the forum talk about sending 200), but don't recall any date restriction. Wife and I have been married for 21 years, so our 20 photographs were selected to cover approximately 1 year spans (her choice, not mine).

Can you confirm this 6 month restriction? Thank you.

vruank

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
You're saying that the photographs intended to show the relationship can't be more than 6 months old? I don't recall this requirement. I do recall there's now a limit of 20 (I've seen people in the forum talk about sending 200), but don't recall any date restriction. Wife and I have been married for 21 years, so our 20 photographs were selected to cover approximately 1 year spans (her choice, not mine).

There's no such restriction for photos... the only time bound restrictions are police certificates and medical exam

Reactions: LongBill

vruank

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Hello I have a couple questions and wondering if someone can help. My wife (from Thailand) and I applied for a spousel sponsor visa and sent it in the first week in August. On February 22 the government sent our application back to us because we forgot the police certificate. We are in the process of getting that done in Thailand this week and she will send it back to re submit.

All our papers have a single hole punch in the top left corner. I am wondering do I have to replace and print off all of the papers or do I leave them as be because thats what they're using for our application?

When I re submit the application do I have to wait another 6+ months for our AOR? I can the temporary file number if I write that or anything on the outside of the package will help to get it looked at quicker?

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice if this has happened to anyone or someone in a similar situation, Thank you
You'll be starting fresh. replace your documents with fresh copies especially for the IMM documents and checklist and make sure to generate fresh barcodes like you did last time. I believe what Frange was referring to for photos expiring were not your photos with your wife, rather the single passport size photos you've submitted (as per dimensions they have provided). These are said to be no older than 6 months. but that's your call if you want to use the same ones or new ones.
the good news is AOR processing is faster now, but you still have to start from the beginning.

Rman01

Dec 7, 2020

I guess he was referring to passport photograph not your pictures

ars23

Jul 14, 2020
On my Sponsor Approval letter, it says the following about which visa office the application was sent to:

The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.

Visa Office Contact Information

Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you must email the visa office listed above directly using the “IRCC Web Form”. This form is found in the “Enquiries” section of the specific visa office’s link located on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

As no office is listed, does this mean it wasn't sent? Will I receive some other correspondence? We've applied outland from the USA and I'm a US citizen and my wife is Canadian. We've done biometrics and medical also.

Thanks!

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.

Visa Office Contact Information
This has been happening a lot recently. It has happened to our application as well. No one knows what it means. I had contacted the IRCC, the agent said that it has not been assigned any office yet.

frange

May 25, 2018

I was talking about PR pictures standard ( Passport size) which only have 6 months of duration, forms, date, signature not photocopies. I encourage you to double check everything which can lead to rejection or return.

Last edited:
Reactions: LongBill

lcincanada

Jan 25, 2021
Got my pre arrival and decision made within a gap of 12 hours
Hi, I received the pre arrival today, but the application status is still in process. How did you know your decision made, got a letter, or just checked the app status online?

Last edited:

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020

I think this is referring to the Canadian size specified photos for each applicant and the SA, not the family photos.

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
I was talking about PR pictures standard ( Passport size) which only have 6 months of duration, forms, date, signature not photocopies. I encourage you to double check everything which can lead to rejection or return.
Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, I/we double checked before sending off. Then triple checked. And even quadruple checked. And again. Before sending off. Because it doesn't do any good to realize it after the package is sent.

I had read of people getting their application returned after some period of time, then they are at the back of the line again. And it's even worse now with the extended processing times currently! I still have fears that I missed something. haha

Jass01

Mar 10, 2021
Hlo everyone. My file was received on 28 august 2020. I have not heard anything yet. Not even AOR1. They gave only temp number in january. Is there anyone else too waiting for AOR from august.

Last edited:
Reactions: KatieNicole831

Kamala19

Oct 31, 2020
Med's Request
15-11-2020
Med's Done....
24-11-2020
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2021
Hi, I received the pre arrival today, but the application status is still in process. How did you know your decision made, got a letter, or just checked the app status online?
Decision made can only be seen in ecas. The status of your ecas can change into decision made at anytime after you get pre arrival. Just wait and check