+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

jonesy

Aug 24, 2020
Hi everyone,
Like a lot of folks on this forum, my wife and I are still awaiting AOR after we couriered our application to Sydney in August.
Once we get AOR, and link application number to GCKey account, how long is the typical wait time to have everything wrapped up?

What is the typical process to track progress? I see a lot of mention to AOR2, biometrics, etc. but I'm not 100% sure what the order of events should be.
Can someone link / give me a breakdown please?

Thanks!

ritod101

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Hi everyone,
Like a lot of folks on this forum, my wife and I are still awaiting AOR after we couriered our application to Sydney in August.
Once we get AOR, and link application number to GCKey account, how long is the typical wait time to have everything wrapped up?

What is the typical process to track progress? I see a lot of mention to AOR2, biometrics, etc. but I'm not 100% sure what the order of events should be.

Thanks!
The timelines are different for everybody. However, they try to complete every application within a 12 months window. You can look at my signature for a breakdown of the different stages.

ark2016

Jan 11, 2021
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Here's the general timeline:

AOR1(Acknowledgement of Receipt):
Biometric Request:
Medical Request:
Sponsor Approval:
Moved to Visa Office:
Medical passed:
AOR 2:
Pre-arrival letter:
Decision Made:
PPR(Passport Request):
COPR(Confirmation of Permanent Resident):
Landed:

ark2016

Jan 11, 2021
Just received BIL today and booked biometrics appointment for Feb 22! Hoping we can get our medical booked for the same day but haven't heard anything on that yet.

Reactions: Simar007_

sorooshsa

Jan 21, 2021
hey folks,
I have a question. I know from reading in this forum that linking your application by GCKey is not essential, but what are the benefits in it that many people do that? does it worth the effort? thanks.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
hey folks,
I have a question. I know from reading in this forum that linking your application by GCKey is not essential, but what are the benefits in it that many people do that? does it worth the effort? thanks.
You can follow the progress of your file and that is where you will get some correspondence from IRCC, so it is good to have an account. Unless you have a consultant/lawyer then they will receive the correspondence.

sorooshsa

Jan 21, 2021
You can follow the progress of your file and that is where you will get some correspondence from IRCC, so it is good to have an account. Unless you have a consultant/lawyer then they will receive the correspondence.
I mean, don't they email us same info or requests such as Bio and Medical Request at the same time? or might this account have more update info about those mentioned before?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I mean, don't they email us same info or requests such as Bio and Medical Request at the same time? or might this account have more update info about those mentioned before?
I am not sure what they do if you don't have a GCkey account to send you requests. In our case sponsor approval came as an email, after that we got an email saying that there was a message in GCkey and to go there to see it.

ritod101

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Hi guys, I just got Sponsor Approval Letter today and inside that letter it states the VO it will be moved to. So, should we expect another correspondence officially telling us when it is moved to a VO or this is it?

Reactions: sorooshsa