+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

sqa12.kiran

Dec 29, 2020
We just finally got our first email from IRCC after submitting it in early August. We both live in the USA. The email says that they have received my wife's application to sponsor me and provides an application number and UCI number. Is this different than an AOR?

I tried to link the application using the number provided, but it doesn't seem to be working...
try using this link :
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/

sorooshsa

Jan 21, 2021
hey, we got AOR today. here is our timeline
app sent by post and received on 28 August
they opened the pack on 5 November
got AOR on 21 January
(main applicant is in Iran)

Reactions: Huniverse

sboo16

Jan 22, 2021
Hi guys,

I'm sponsoring my spouse from the U.S. We recently received the biometrics letter, however we are unable to book an appointment at USCIS/ASC. Every time we check the website, it says no appointments available. When we call to inquire, they tell us we just have to keep checking online. I check several times a day at different centres in different states but they all say no appointment available. I know the centres are open but backlogged, but I thought we'd at least be able to book an appointment.. Does anyone have any insight regarding this?

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm sponsoring my spouse from the U.S. We recently received the biometrics letter, however we are unable to book an appointment at USCIS/ASC. Every time we check the website, it says no appointments available. When we call to inquire, they tell us we just have to keep checking online. I check several times a day at different centres in different states but they all say no appointment available. I know the centres are open but backlogged, but I thought we'd at least be able to book an appointment.. Does anyone have any insight regarding this?
It might be worth looking at American immigration forums for tips. I immigrated to the states, and to my memory, you kinda had to time your biometrics appointment properly, IE waking up early to check availability. It was a total hassle, like shopping online on black friday / boxing day or something. If you find an appointment, lock it down first and ask questions later.

ritod101

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Hmm noticing everyone in august is getting. I have still not got any good news! They received mine like Aug 26th I think. You guys think I should be worried?
If you have Temp Number, no need to worry at all. Some April applicants haven't heard anything either.

kchiassonklos

Nov 14, 2020
Did you guys receive your AOR by email or mail?
I sent my application in August via the private carrier (RR Donnelley got it, I think?), and I think they got it middle/end of August.
Still waiting for an AOR or just any update.

Reactions: jesuraj.ratnara

Simar007_

Jan 4, 2021
Hello everyone
My application was received by them on august 28th
And no acknowledgement of receipt has been from their side
I wish to add my baby as a dependent who was born after my application in nov.

how much time maximum it would take to get visa ?