+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

ritod101

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Have u given some rock solid reason to get TRV..could u share? If you don’t mind!!
I only submitted basic requirements; Nothing out of the ordinary. Letter from her employer, bank statements from both of us. Hers had about 5K cad but I also stated that I will be fully responsible for her 6 weeks stay here even though she has enough savings to cover it. Invitation letter from me, and her personal personal statement. About 5 photos of us together over the years. I'll advise you add assets in your partner's home country. We didn't have any of those. We clearly stated that there is no denying the fact that our ultimate goal is to be together in Canada once sponsorship app is approved; however, this trv is not to serve that purpose as she will be returning to her home country and job after 6 weeks to await the decision from outland sponsorship.

jesuraj.ratnara

Oct 15, 2019
Toronto
Good news if anyone cares. My spouse's TRV has just been approved today. I'll advise you all give it a try instead of waiting for the long Sponsorship. Our application took 2 months and 2 weeks. So many people discouraged us as they said it will definitely be denied since we have a pending spousal sponsorship. Against all odds, we went ahead anyways as we had nothing to lose. We don't even have AOR1 yet, but she will be joining me next month. I could never have imagined. It still feels like a dream.
How long is the TRV valid for? What happens if she comes here and than you do Inland?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
How long is the TRV valid for? What happens if she comes here and than you do Inland?
When a TRV holder comes to Canada it is valid to stay for 6 months without an extension. An outland app can't be changed to inland, the outland would have to be withdrawn first and you start all over again.

snaptrooper

Jun 27, 2020
Did anyone get Pre-Arrival letter here?

I got it yesterday and wondering what's the significance of this and what's next?

ark2016

Jan 11, 2021
We received AOR1 yesterday!! I am the Canadian citizen sponsoring my American husband. Hoping for PR by the end of the year- does anyone think that's possible? What are the timelines looking like with Covid going on?

Application Received: 19 Aug 2020
AOR1: 14 Jan 2021

Reactions: Huniverse

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
We received AOR1 yesterday!! I am the Canadian citizen sponsoring my American husband. Hoping for PR by the end of the year- does anyone think that's possible? What are the timelines looking like with Covid going on?

Application Received: 19 Aug 2020
AOR1: 14 Jan 2021
I think it's realistic unless they run into problems with background check etc.

Reactions: ark2016