+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
Strictly speaking, not necessarily true.

Husband is PA and has a temporary SIN (starts with ‘9’) from when in Canada on a Working Holiday Visa. Don’t think it will get attached to his file in any way, though.

Presume he will get a new, permanent one, when he lands with the correct starting number for preferred province, settlement wise.
There may also be exceptions for First Nations members and other exceptions. Possibly numerous exceptions. I was trying not to cloud the issue for the party who asked the original question. They indicated that "the applicant" didn't have a SIN. Unlike your case where a SIN is owned under circumstances other than citizen or permanent resident, I was pointing out that "whoever" the Sponsor is they should have a SIN. Anything else simply confuses the issue and doesn't clarify for the person who asked originally.

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
The Primary Applicant for permanent residency will not have a SIN (Social Insurance Number). These numbers are issued only to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. The Sponsor must be a citizen or permanent resident. Thus by definition they (the Sponsor) will possess a SIN.

see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship.html
and https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/eligibility.html
Got it I confused Ecas and Gckey as the same thing but they are different Ecas can be created by applicants once they have UCI or applicant number
an account on GCkey should be created by sponsor who has SIN and then can link the application to that account

AFerg

Dec 3, 2020
Hi All,

Our application was received in Sydney on August 31st. Still have not received an AOR, although we are hopeful it's coming soon based on the progress from others who submitted not too long before us. We are travelling to Canada in 2 weeks to give birth. Obviously we had no idea things would be delayed this much and thought we'd have cleared everything at the embassy long before travelling. Anyone know if there is any possibility of carrying on the process in Canada once you've already submitted your application as outland? We are hoping for the process to get going any day now, but if not, my husband would have to turn around and come all the way back to Nairobi just for biometrics, etc. I guess the only other option would be to cancel the application and submit a new inland one?

Help!

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
has anyone had experience receiving AOR after 3months. Its going to be 4 months and I am still worried as no AOR. I have applied through agent though.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
has anyone had experience receiving AOR after 3months. Its going to be 4 months and I am still worried as no AOR. I have applied through agent though.
Count May to OCT in 6 month we got AOR1

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi All,

Our application was received in Sydney on August 31st. Still have not received an AOR, although we are hopeful it's coming soon based on the progress from others who submitted not too long before us. We are travelling to Canada in 2 weeks to give birth. Obviously we had no idea things would be delayed this much and thought we'd have cleared everything at the embassy long before travelling. Anyone know if there is any possibility of carrying on the process in Canada once you've already submitted your application as outland? We are hoping for the process to get going any day now, but if not, my husband would have to turn around and come all the way back to Nairobi just for biometrics, etc. I guess the only other option would be to cancel the application and submit a new inland one?

Help!
This part is none of my business, just mentioning it. You are aware that you will have to pay for the birth procedures yourself if you do not have the provincial healthcare? Sounds like you have been living out of the country, will you qualify for healthcare immediately on your return or are you subject to a waiting period to get your healthcare back?

I presume your husband has a TRV? You can come to Canada and your app will still continue to be processed be even though it is an outland app and you are here. There is no need to cancel your app and refile for inland. After arrival advise IRCC via a web form of your new address. Your husband would not have to leave Canada for Bio's or the medical, both can be done here. The only reason for him to have to return to Nairobi would be if they requested an interview which doesn't happen too often.

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
i think its going to be a while. I am hoping our application falls just under the 12 month point (july) so i can join my wife for the birth of our child. I am hoping we see some movement on the application by february. If we have AOR1 by february, i think it is doable, especially seen as IIRC have been increasing the numbers of people working on the applications.

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
i think its going to be a while. I am hoping our application falls just under the 12 month point (july) so i can join my wife for the birth of our child. I am hoping we see some movement on the application by february. If we have AOR1 by february, i think it is doable, especially seen as IIRC have been increasing the numbers of people working on the applications.
Fingers crossed I hope you get to be with your family on time. I just hope it comes in the 1 year frame they say.

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Fingers crossed I hope you get to be with your family on time. I just hope it comes in the 1 year frame they say.
With the news in november that they were increasing the numbers of staff. I think its ok, we just have to hope Covid in canada continues to wind down.

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
This part is none of my business, just mentioning it. You are aware that you will have to pay for the birth procedures yourself if you do not have the provincial healthcare? Sounds like you have been living out of the country, will you qualify for healthcare immediately on your return or are you subject to a waiting period to get your healthcare back?

I presume your husband has a TRV? You can come to Canada and your app will still continue to be processed be even though it is an outland app and you are here. There is no need to cancel your app and refile for inland. After arrival advise IRCC via a web form of your new address. Your husband would not have to leave Canada for Bio's or the medical, both can be done here. The only reason for him to have to return to Nairobi would be if they requested an interview which doesn't happen too often.
I actually spoke with Alberta health care yesterday as i am in a similar situation with my wife, obviously this only applies to Alberta but if your intention is to reside in canada when you land (presuming the mother is already a PR/Citizen. You are covered from day 1, you may just have to pay out of pocket until you get your health card and then you are entitled to claim everything back to the day you landed.

BudiSurvivor

Aug 28, 2020
Hi all, it's our first post in this forum. Our application reached NS on 7 Aug and no AOR received so far. So we decided to call IRCC to check if a temp file no. is available. Very luckily, we were able to talk to an agent who told us that our application was received and gave us a temp file no. Now hoping that the AOR will come soon.

For your ref, after calling 1-888-242-2100 (the IRCC hotline), you can dial 2 1 0 to talk to an agent.

Good luck to everyone! And stay safe!