+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

snaptrooper

Jun 27, 2020
Thanks, She is from India. Any idea about VFS global. How they operate?. I have filled a webform waiting for an email apparently that will tell me what time and date she has to go the centre to get biometrics done. DO they give prior notice for the date and time ? * Thanks for the updates and next steps *
VFS India reopened last week but you gotta contact them to get an appointment.
You should be getting your medical, sponsorship approval and AOR soon.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
For BIOMET. Indian VFS makes appointments via a WEBFORM now. Old method is no more there. They look at each case then send you an email+ SMS. But be careful if they do not send email u MUST phone and get e-mail sent as it happened to many. They would insist that apptt. email went as an attachment but there was no attachment. We had to send 3 emails just to get an actual appointment letter with Barcodes on it. There was system glitch in Jalandhar VFS. An SMS is not enough.

Last edited:

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
The function to link your IRCC account to the application provides 4 methods to "find" the application. These are shown on the dialog when you select that option. The four methods to locate an application are by (1) Application Number and Family Name, (2) Application Number and Unique Client Identifier (UCI), (3) Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth, and (4) Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name.

There is no mention of using the temporary number. But I cannot say that it is impossible to use this in lieu of the Application Number. You have 5 chances each day to try to "link" an application each day... if 5 failures to locate, then you cannot try again until the next day.

You have 5 tries, give it a shot! Nothing bad will happen if nothing turns up.
it's asking for Social insurance number and the applicant doesn't have one ?

karthic ravi

Jun 23, 2020
canada
I submitted my file was delivered on August 6th, I called CIC today they gave me temporary file number f00087XXXX, they told me to wait till I receive the confirmation email? Anyone know how long usually this process will take? thanks

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I submitted my file was delivered on August 6th, I called CIC today they gave me temporary file number f00087XXXX, they told me to wait till I receive the confirmation email? Anyone know how long usually this process will take? thanks
Few more days NOT months relax :)

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Nobody on here can give you an accurate time frame with covid.

SamarGill29

Sep 5, 2020
VFS global Hasn't replied yet, there phone number on the webpage is always busy and there is no email response yet. I filled out that webform too, Still hasn't got a reply yet. There was user here @singleman who had similar troubles. I would like to ask which email address did u guys use to book an appointment. Also, I paid the biometrics fees in Advance with my application fees. Does the spouse need to pay anything at the VAC centre apart from the one way courier fees to send a copy back to the address.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
VFS global Hasn't replied yet, there phone number on the webpage is always busy and there is no email response yet. I filled out that webform too, Still hasn't got a reply yet. There was user here @singleman who had similar troubles. I would like to ask which email address did u guys use to book an appointment. Also, I paid the biometrics fees in Advance with my application fees. Does the spouse need to pay anything at the VAC centre apart from the one way courier fees to send a copy back to the address.
+91 22 6786 6014 or +91 22 6201 8418 is where u can phone . We sent many emails. Then 2 emails came in with actual appointment letter, however same date came via SMS earlier. If you sent webform they will look at your seniority ;ike; app date and then reply via email 1 by 1.
If you are AUG 2020 applicant may be u have to wait 4 your turn. We are MAY applicant so u can guess. Older method was >u register>>LOGIN>>chose a date yourself NOT anymore..AND NO you won't have to PAY EXTRA if all was paid by Sponsor. They don't allow Cellphones etc. Must take Original PPT + copies, payment proof by sponsor, 2 letters by IRCC[instruction letter, appointment letter]. All was done in 20 to 30 minutes

Last edited:

Kamala19

Oct 31, 2020
Med's Request
15-11-2020
Med's Done....
24-11-2020
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2021
you can also book an appointment by logging in to vfs website. I did the same and got the appointment. You can try that too. You need not pay anything at the VAC centre if the fee was paid with the application. yes, they are responding very late to the email but I could reach them via phone after trying many times. Even the courier fee could be paid after you get acceptance letter even though there is an option of paying there too ( they offered paying at VAC Mumbai along with finishing your biometrics faster than the usual process, I don't know about other VAC centres.)

Last edited:

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
it's asking for Social insurance number and the applicant doesn't have one ?
The Primary Applicant for permanent residency will not have a SIN (Social Insurance Number). These numbers are issued only to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. The Sponsor must be a citizen or permanent resident. Thus by definition they (the Sponsor) will possess a SIN.

see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship.html
and https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/eligibility.html

Last edited:

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
The Primary Applicant for permanent residency will not have a SIN (Social Insurance Number). These numbers are issued only to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. The Sponsor must be a citizen or permanent resident. Thus by definition they (the Sponsor) will possess a SIN.

see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship.html
and https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/eligibility.html
Strictly speaking, not necessarily true.

Husband is PA and has a temporary SIN (starts with ‘9’) from when in Canada on a Working Holiday Visa. Don’t think it will get attached to his file in any way, though.

Presume he will get a new, permanent one, when he lands with the correct starting number for preferred province, settlement wise.