+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
I am Jan28 applicant, SA/Med/Bio was done just couple days before lockdown, hence file is still at Sydney. My timeline on GCkey shows 50%. If Sydney revs up in October my file were to transfer to VO would be first in line, I would have a shot at completion by 12 months. Now if somebody applying in October, their file would be in queue behind what, 40-50 thousand app right??? Are you saying IRCC would take to clear that backlog and get to the October applicant in about 3-4 months?? cause that's what it would take to complete the app at the 12 month standard.
I'm struggling to follow your point but i believe you are saying that someone who applies in October 2020 will not be getting their AOR 1 within 4 months?

If so, i still think they will. Theyre still trying to figure out the best way of clearing through the backlog but it will happen. Have some faith man, have some hope. Not everything is doom and gloom, the last thing IRCC wants is 50000 apps sitting in their mailroom constantly, they could push more responsibility out to VO's, who knows, but i really think they will clear through the backlog, they were able to keep on top of it before Covid and i believe they will keep on top of it during/after covid.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Theyre still trying to figure out the best way of clearing through the backlog but it will happen.
Ok my friend. So far they "figured out" how to open envelopes and giving out temporary "X" file numbers....I guess its a start. Lets hope these "X-files" (pun intended) means that they are checking these envelopes are not infected with the virus and are testing them for Covid...The Truth is Out there...

kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
We're about to send in our application in the next two weeks.
Judging by the situation, and to keep expectations realistic, hubby and I are looking at 6 months to get AOR1, then another 8 months in process etc etc if we're lucky, and on top of that another 3 months for COPR & landing etc etc.
Since we've been long distance for essentially our entire relationship, we'll pull through.
Don't lose hope!

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
We're about to send in our application in the next two weeks.
Judging by the situation, and to keep expectations realistic, hubby and I are looking at 6 months to get AOR1, then another 8 months in process etc etc if we're lucky, and on top of that another 3 months for COPR & landing etc etc.
Since we've been long distance for essentially our entire relationship, we'll pull through.
Don't lose hope!
I think your 6 months for AOR 1 is about right. We are hoping ours is done by December 21/January 22. A stretch, but hopefully doable.

Reactions: Zeekaa
Jun 18, 2011
So its just a case of this person said this with no real proof? They're starting to work through the backlog at the moment and whilst everything is delayed, it will start to catch back up. Averaging process times before Covid-19 were 5-6 months for most applications, add that on to the current 6/7 month delay and we are still close to the 12 month time, thats why they havent updated the "processing time ~12 months" thing.

Some applications will be longer than that granted, i think thats mainly those that applied last year and their final parts were delayed by Covid and also those with complicated cases.

Just my two cents though, could be wrong, could be right. But to add on another 6-12 months to the in place 12 months is a stretch.
Hopefully that backlog is not that super bad because many people couldn't travel and still there're not many people who can travel abroad to mary their spouses to be because of it not many new outland applicants at the moment.

Jun 18, 2011
There is no evidence of any AOR's given since shut down mid March. Visa offices I assume do not have any or very little backlog.

5-6 months for most apps? Check the spreadsheets, I'd say more like 30%. Most apps take around 8-12 months under normal circumstances and another 20% well over 12 months...
Guys no news is also good news! It's better to wait extra than be rejected!

MelissaMP1

Jun 1, 2020
I am Jan28 applicant, SA/Med/Bio was done just couple days before lockdown, hence file is still at Sydney. My timeline on GCkey shows 50%. If Sydney revs up in October my file were to transfer to VO would be first in line, I would have a shot at completion by 12 months. Now if somebody applying in October, their file would be in queue behind what, 40-50 thousand app right??? Are you saying IRCC would take to clear that backlog and get to the October applicant in about 3-4 months?? cause that's what it would take to complete the app at the 12 month standard.
I am also confused why you are assuming all these details and time length. Everyones situation and application is different, there may be a backlog but unless you work for immigration there is no need to be negative on top of everything that is happening.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I won't comment on any times for completion because nobody knows, everything posted on here is speculation. But I want to make sure you know that your GCkey timeline showing 50% has absolutely nothing to do with how much of your file has been processed, this is a very common misconception of what it means, they should eliminate that thing off the website altogether, very misleading. That only indicates the % of the 1 year normal processing time they are saying. Monitor it, you will see that it will slowly show a higher percentage as time goes along. Again, it has no relation to the % or you app that has been completed.

bclarke

Aug 17, 2020
Hi guys!
Thank you so much for all of the helpful information! I hope everyone is doing well during these intense times!
I do have a question and hoping you guys can help me out.
I am currently living in Canada, my visa is expired and I have applied for a visitor record to extend my stay but have not heard anything back yet.
I just finished my application for PR but I do not know what box to tick on form 5533 part 5. Class of Application. I am looking to do outland sponsorship from within.
I dont know whether to check the box:
"I am currently living outside Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class."
Or the box:
"I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class (not under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class). I understand that I may be convoked to attend an interview at a visa office outside Canada."
We currently have the second box ticked, but just popping in here first to see if anyone can offer any insight or confirmation.
Thank you so much again, any help or advice at all would be appreciated!
b

E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Starting new forum for Outland Spousal sponsorship application sent in August, 2020.
I Posted my application from Vancouver via Xpressspost on August 4, 2020 and was delivered in Sydney, NS office on August 12, 2020 .
Thanks. I also sent my application in August 2020 to the CA embassy in NYC. All that I received is a CONFIRMATION email. I am waiting for the AOR. What I see that the AOR1 takes a month to be received. Thanks

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Thanks. I also sent my application in August 2020 to the CA embassy in NYC. All that I received is a CONFIRMATION email. I am waiting for the AOR. What I see that the AOR1 takes a month to be received. Thanks
COVID is delaying that by some months. March applicants are only just starting to get AOR1, if you look on the spreadsheet.

Reactions: E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
How u received confirmation email? I think nobody receives that only thing we get at first is the AOR i also submitted my application but not received any confirmation email. Correct me if I am wrong

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I think your procedure is different than spousal sponsorship, you have been included in your spouse's application presumably?

It will not be the same aor process at all.

Reactions: E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
How u received confirmation email? I think nobody receives that only thing we get at first is the AOR i also submitted my application but not received any confirmation email. Correct me if I am wrong
I received an email after I sent the forms with the documents replying to my email ( in the email title - CONFIRMATION)