+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

lcincanada

Jan 25, 2021
It's been silent for a long time here, is there anyone who has some good news? As for me, since got pre-arrival in March, nothing happened during this long waiting time. So frustrating.

SimieR

Jun 16, 2021
O
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
Doc's Request.
05-Aug-2020
AOR Received.
05-Feb-2021
File Transfer...
05-Feb-2021
Med's Request
05-Feb-2021
Med's Done....
10-Feb-2021
Passport Req..
13-Oct-2021
VISA ISSUED...
Received virtual landing email Dec1, now awaiting portal login credential
It's been silent for a long time here, is there anyone who has some good news? As for me, since got pre-arrival in March, nothing happened during this long waiting time. So frustrating.
Hi , Am an August 5, 2020 applicant. I received my PPR October 12, but because I am in Canada I have to do virtual landing, so I am waiting on email to complete that process in order to get COPR (I.e confirmation of permanent residency) and PR Card. I hope they get to use soon, IRCC has year end targets to meet so I hope they get to you soon.

lcincanada

Jan 25, 2021
Hi , Am an August 5, 2020 applicant. I received my PPR October 12, but because I am in Canada I have to do virtual landing, so I am waiting on email to complete that process in order to get COPR (I.e confirmation of permanent residency) and PR Card. I hope they get to use soon, IRCC has year end targets to meet so I hope they get to you soon.
Thank you! May I ask when did you pass the medical exam? I did my medical exam in February, there is not much time left till my medical exam results expired. Hope don't need to take the medical again.

SimieR

Jun 16, 2021
O
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
Doc's Request.
05-Aug-2020
AOR Received.
05-Feb-2021
File Transfer...
05-Feb-2021
Med's Request
05-Feb-2021
Med's Done....
10-Feb-2021
Passport Req..
13-Oct-2021
VISA ISSUED...
Received virtual landing email Dec1, now awaiting portal login credential
Thank you! May I ask when did you pass the medical exam? I did my medical exam in February, there is not much time left till my medical exam results expired. Hope don't need to take the medical again.
It was February 4, 2021 I got medical instruction, did my medical February 10th. Am not sure when it was past because I got no update on it, but I believe it was between that time and July. I don't believe you would need to re-do medical. The thing is due to covid-19 there have been delay in process, government of Canada had issue an memorandum implementing a time lag of about 90 days. This was doing the flight restriction period which started around March to May/June thereabout. This information about the delay came from a immigrant consultant.

lcincanada

Jan 25, 2021
It was February 4, 2021 I got medical instruction, did my medical February 10th. Am not sure when it was past because I got no update on it, but I believe it was between that time and July. I don't believe you would need to re-do medical. The thing is due to covid-19 there have been delay in process, government of Canada had issue an memorandum implementing a time lag of about 90 days. This was doing the flight restriction period which started around March to May/June thereabout. This information about the delay came from a immigrant consultant.
Thanks for the information. Hope I can get my updates soon.

*CLARO2020*

Oct 16, 2020
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
2021-05-06
File Transfer...
07-05-2021
Med's Request
06-28-2021
Med's Done....
24-01-2022
Passport Req..
07-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2022
Our immigration time-line (with notes):

Cuba PA + 1 (non-accompanying for now) dependent, Canadian (born) spousal sponsor.
DIY application, with sponsor as representative

Married 2020Jan15, wedding 2020Jan24.

2020Feb - paperwork and signatures

2020Mar17 - flight home to Calgary
2020Mar20 - COVID-19 declared a global pandemic

Delay due to Covid-19 to get notorized copies in Canada and decision to submit with explanation about lack of police check and lack of certified true copy of dependant's birth certificate. Also need to redo one of the forms since there was a new version released since Feb2020.

2020Aug07 Paper Application delivery (as per Canada Post)

Original submission did not include police check, instead it included a letter stating police check was not included due to COVID. Also included note about dependant's national use birth certificate.

2020Aug07 Application delivery

8.9 long months of silence

2021May05 BIL - first contact!
2021May06 Doc requested police certificate which was not provided in original submission - (Offices closed, unable to request until end of 2021)
2021May06 - AOR1
2021May07 - SA and note they were sending to Mexico VO (Cuba doesn't have VO)

2021June23 - AOR2 [Mexico]
2021June23 Doc requested police clearance - (Still cannot get offices on Cuba still closed)
2021June28 - Medical Request - (No panel physician in Cuba, dependant unable to get passport due to offices closed)

2021Sept27 - Biometrics appointment (Yes the one requested back in May 2021, One of the first appointments since COVID closures)

2021Dec13 Police certificate received after 2021Oct25 request (when offices first opened after COVID my husband couldn't go as he had Dengue, and then his parents tested positive for COVID so he was in isolation,and then the lady at the tramites office tested positive for COVID!)
2021Dec13Police check sent via email (without translation, and sent with request to confirm receipt aka to figure out if I truely needed to spend $50 on a translation - email response or response to follow-ups never received. (note this was the first (and only) Police check sent to IRCC) - see below for translation sent date.

2022Jan24 - Medical in Russia (St. Petersburg) for PA and dependant

2022Jan26 - Medical Passed

2022Feb2 - Pre-arrival letter

2022Feb3, re-sent police check with translation to dot my i's and cross my t's (via email as 2 pdfs). Also sent official dependant's birth certificate though never requested I said I'm my original submission I would send it when I could (original application included photos of the hand written one and translation).

2022Feb5 - accessed new online portal, New online application status shows 2022Feb1 Eligibility passed 2022Feb1 Background passed, and displays a CoPR number!!?

2022Feb5 DM in ECAS (and only ECAS) - omg the CoPR must be real!!!

Weekend of joy and anticipation...

2022Feb7 PPR Passport Request (email) from Canadian Embassy in Havana for 2022Feb15 appointment.

Happiness, mixed with anxious feeling that something will go wrong, so much so I tell my husband he needs to go to Havana for an interview, and I don't tell him he's actually approved until 30 minutes before the visa appointment.

2022Feb15 - VISA and CoPR in hand!

lcincanada

Jan 25, 2021
Our immigration time-line (with notes):

Cuba PA + 1 (non-accompanying for now) dependent, Canadian (born) spousal sponsor.
DIY application, with sponsor as representative

Married 2020Jan15, wedding 2020Jan24.

2020Feb - paperwork and signatures

2020Mar17 - flight home to Calgary
2020Mar20 - COVID-19 declared a global pandemic

Delay due to Covid-19 to get notorized copies in Canada and decision to submit with explanation about lack of police check and lack of certified true copy of dependant's birth certificate. Also need to redo one of the forms since there was a new version released since Feb2020.

2020Aug07 Paper Application delivery (as per Canada Post)

Original submission did not include police check, instead it included a letter stating police check was not included due to COVID. Also included note about dependant's national use birth certificate.

2020Aug07 Application delivery

8.9 long months of silence

2021May05 BIL - first contact!
2021May06 Doc requested police certificate which was not provided in original submission - (Offices closed, unable to request until end of 2021)
2021May06 - AOR1
2021May07 - SA and note they were sending to Mexico VO (Cuba doesn't have VO)

2021June23 - AOR2 [Mexico]
2021June23 Doc requested police clearance - (Still cannot get offices on Cuba still closed)
2021June28 - Medical Request - (No panel physician in Cuba, dependant unable to get passport due to offices closed)

2021Sept27 - Biometrics appointment (Yes the one requested back in May 2021, One of the first appointments since COVID closures)

2021Dec13 Police certificate received after 2021Oct25 request (when offices first opened after COVID my husband couldn't go as he had Dengue, and then his parents tested positive for COVID so he was in isolation,and then the lady at the tramites office tested positive for COVID!)
2021Dec13Police check sent via email (without translation, and sent with request to confirm receipt aka to figure out if I truely needed to spend $50 on a translation - email response or response to follow-ups never received. (note this was the first (and only) Police check sent to IRCC) - see below for translation sent date.

2022Jan24 - Medical in Russia (St. Petersburg) for PA and dependant

2022Jan26 - Medical Passed

2022Feb2 - Pre-arrival letter

2022Feb3, re-sent police check with translation to dot my i's and cross my t's (via email as 2 pdfs). Also sent official dependant's birth certificate though never requested I said I'm my original submission I would send it when I could (original application included photos of the hand written one and translation).

2022Feb5 - accessed new online portal, New online application status shows 2022Feb1 Eligibility passed 2022Feb1 Background passed, and displays a CoPR number!!?

2022Feb5 DM in ECAS (and only ECAS) - omg the CoPR must be real!!!

Weekend of joy and anticipation...

2022Feb7 PPR Passport Request (email) from Canadian Embassy in Havana for 2022Feb15 appointment.

Happiness, mixed with anxious feeling that something will go wrong, so much so I tell my husband he needs to go to Havana for an interview, and I don't tell him he's actually approved until 30 minutes before the visa appointment.

2022Feb15 - VISA and CoPR in hand!
Congratulations! Glad to hear your good news after this so long silence here. I'm an August applicant too, but I'm still waiting, my medical exam will be expired several days later. I really don't know why they stuck my application sooooo a long time, many webforms have been sent to them, they always answered "we are working on it." I don't know what I can do else, just wait, with the patience they ask me to have.

Reactions: *CLARO2020*

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
Congratulations! I am also waiting since my husband is inside canada now. so waiting for the credentials to access virtual landing. Such a long waiting process!

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
I was in constant touch with my rep and double checked all the documents and forms he submitted better he sent it.
I don't think it's the incompleteness of the application which is causing the delay, but like you said, they seem to have simply dumped it in a corner.

We just don't know what to do anymore.
Could you please share your timeline, when did you get your AOR finally?

jyoti1990

Jul 29, 2012
We are August 2020 too. Remed done in feb 2022. Still no update. Stuck on eligibility..Any help.. how we can get our application processed

Prabhgillz

Oct 29, 2020
27 jan 2020 applicant..
Aug 2021 remedical passed
Sep 2021 eligibility in progress
16 feb got interview schedule
14 march 22...interview done
. After that no pre arrival.
11 may 2022.got Decision made on ecas
11 may after 3hour Eligibility completed in NEW tracker and background verification completed..
my Q is if our eligibility completed and decision made in eCAS it means approved our application or not?? Bcz my visa officer said on interview day i will give you my decision after one month..plz tell

jyoti1990

Jul 29, 2012
Did you ask for your notes? Did you try emailing the office which is processing directly ?
I did. No progress since feb 2021. Only note added aftere feb 2021 is remedical request. Nothing else. It is mentioned in notes that marriage appears to be genuine. I don’t know what they are checking.

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
I did. No progress since feb 2021. Only note added aftere feb 2021 is remedical request. Nothing else. It is mentioned in notes that marriage appears to be genuine. I don’t know what they are checking.
try and upload some other document through webform which has both your names. I did that and I immediately got a response within 3 days then.