+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

looneytoony

Jan 5, 2016
Hey there!

I haven't been active on this forum since our PR application, so just wanted to contribute with our citizenship timeline.
Application sent from SK in August 2020, AOR Jan 13, 2021, citizenship test Nov 2021, decision made Dec 29, 2021. Waiting on Oath invitation. This was smooth process compared to PR which took us 18 months through EE, all completed in 3 months and then it took 15 month for security screening :rolleyes:

binoyg8

Sep 5, 2017
My journey with the citizenship process is done and below is my timeline. I thank everyone on this thread for their knowledge and insight which was extremely helpful. It has been quite a journey and to those who are waiting, I hope you get the coveted citizenship in this new year.

Office - Mississauga

August 1, 2020 - Application submitted
August 7, 2020 - Application delivered
November 21 - AOR
January 22, 2021 - Application in process
May 28, 2021 - Test invite
June 7, 2021 -Test taken
June 9, 2021 - Test status updated to completed
August 5, 2021 - Decision Made
December 3, 2021 - Oath Email notification received for Dec 11, 2021
December 11, 2021 - Oath Ceremony
December 11, 2021 - Application closed

January 4, 2022 - Oath Certificate Received
January 7, 2022 - Mailed in Passport Application (Passport will be delivered in 4-5 weeks)

riley2015

Aug 21, 2015
I have not posted here since our PR completed, but I wanted to provide details to support the forum and community. I hope this provides some glimmer of hope for those of us still waiting to complete this lengthy application process.

---

Scarborough office (based on the test invite email address)

• August 10, 2020 - application submitted / mailed via courier
  • August 13, 2020 - application delivered
  • November 25, 2020 - AOR
  • January 26, 2021 - online tracker shows application status as In Progress
  • March 2, 2021 - background verification moved to Completed
  • October 29, 2021 - test status updated to In Progress
  • November 3, 2021 - test invitation email received
  • November 5, 2021 - test taken
  • November 8, 2021 - test status updated to Completed
  • January 7, 2022 - ECAS shows Decision Made + online tracker history shows Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions marked as Completed
  • January 10, 2022 - online tracker date updated but still shows overall application as In Progress, I assume this is related to the above updates

---

Now more waiting for us... a few months I am guessing from what I read, and we did our PR renewal recently so who knows which will complete first. All the best!

Reactions: Radium and vvarma

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
I am still waiting for oath ceremony. It’s ridiculous how long it takes.
do you guys know what happens if I contact CIC for urgent processing?
Once you send all the supporting documents/proofs, they will get back to you in few days to weeks, letting you know whether they have granted your request.

edmpr

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hi

Here is my timeline:

Application submitted March 5, 2020
Application Filed (AOR ) Aug 21, 2020
Started Processing Application: Oct 25, 2020
Background verification Completed Jan 22, 2021
Citizenship Test Request July 6, 2021
Schedule for Citizenship test Sep 20, 2021
Citizenship Test completed Oct 14, 2021
Language, Physical Presence, Prohibitions Completed Dec 19, 2021
Oath Ceremony: Not started

ECAS Status shows decision made but I do not know at what point decision was made. Perhaps after Oct 14, 2021. What is the expected waiting time for oath ceremony ?

igg

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississaga
Hi

Here is my timeline:

Application submitted March 5, 2020
Application Filed (AOR ) Aug 21, 2020
Started Processing Application: Oct 25, 2020
Background verification Completed Jan 22, 2021
Citizenship Test Request July 6, 2021
Schedule for Citizenship test Sep 20, 2021
Citizenship Test completed Oct 14, 2021
Language, Physical Presence, Prohibitions Completed Dec 19, 2021
Oath Ceremony: Not started

ECAS Status shows decision made but I do not know at what point decision was made. Perhaps after Oct 14, 2021. What is the expected waiting time for oath ceremony ?
Added. To make it complete in the excel:
What is your office/location?
Single/Family application? (how many if family)
Physical presence days?

Your decision made was probably on Dec 19.
Time to oath depends a lot on the processing office. For some offices 3-4 months.

edmpr

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Added. To make it complete in the excel:
What is your office/location?
Single/Family application? (how many if family)
Physical presence days?

Your decision made was probably on Dec 19.
Time to oath depends a lot on the processing office. For some offices 3-4 months.
I believe the office that is processing will be Edmonton, Alberta based on the email required for scheduling the citizenship test: cic-edmonton-citizenship@cic.gc.ca. If that's the case, yes, Edmonton will be the office. However in the letter for AOR, the bottom address shows Citizenship program grants , Sydney, NS

Single Application

Physical presence days: 1232

Thanks!

Reactions: igg

igg

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississaga
I believe the office that is processing will be Edmonton, Alberta based on the email required for scheduling the citizenship test: cic-edmonton-citizenship@cic.gc.ca. If that's the case, yes, Edmonton will be the office. However in the letter for AOR, the bottom address shows Citizenship program grants , Sydney, NS

Single Application

Physical presence days: 1232

Thanks!
Sydney is sending all AORs, so yes your office is Edmonton.
Btw, you are March 2020 applicant, so added you in March tab.

Reactions: edmpr

edmpr

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Sydney is sending all AORs, so yes your office is Edmonton.
Btw, you are March 2020 applicant, so added you in March tab.
Thank you so much!! Could you please post the link of the excel thread for the spreadsheet.

Nsharaf

Mar 13, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I submitted my citizenship or as I like to call it, citizenshit application in August 2020. my file has been in process and I havent been invited to take any test until now. I applied for expedited processing 5 times and emailed my member of parliament twice with ZERO results.

I dont know what to do at this point. My complete application was received on August 2020 so its been over 18 months now that nothing has happened beyond status being in process.

What on earth can I do at this point?

Thank you Everyone

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I submitted my citizenship or as I like to call it, citizenshit application in August 2020. my file has been in process and I havent been invited to take any test until now. I applied for expedited processing 5 times and emailed my member of parliament twice with ZERO results.

I dont know what to do at this point. My complete application was received on August 2020 so its been over 18 months now that nothing has happened beyond status being in process.

What on earth can I do at this point?

Thank you Everyone
I am in the same boat I submitted my application in July 2020 and then it was returned 3 times and finally it got accepted in April 2020 after that nothing , did you have any movement happen to your application ? Did they request FB?