+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

Ahmad33

Dec 20, 2021
Hi All,
i passed online citizenship test on Oct 4th 2021 one day later they confirm the the test as completed usually after that i should wait for ceremony but surprisingly on nov 6th they asked me to send entire passport color copy for eligibility period and i sent on nov 15th
by the way i had sent all the requirement before also along with application
still no any news and one more surprise when i checked online its showing the test is completed but Language skills and physical presence in process
Appreciated if some one could tel me the reason

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
i passed online citizenship test on Oct 4th 2021 one day later they confirm the the test as completed usually after that i should wait for ceremony but surprisingly on nov 6th they asked me to send entire passport color copy for eligibility period and i sent on nov 15th
by the way i had sent all the requirement before also along with application
still no any news and one more surprise when i checked online its showing the test is completed but Language skills and physical presence in process
Appreciated if some one could tel me the reason
Are there any stamps on your passport in a language other than english? If so, did you send them certified translated copies of the stamps?

Your language, prohibitions and physical presence will show as in process until they have verified all your documents and make a decision (hence ‘Decision Made’ status on the old ECAS tracker). Looking at trends, after PP request it can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3+Months for your status to be updated to complete, provided all the documents are in order.

Ahmad33

Dec 20, 2021
Are there any stamps on your passport in a language other than english? If so, did you send them certified translated copies of the stamps?

Your language, prohibitions and physical presence will show as in process until they have verified all your documents and make a decision (hence ‘Decision Made’ status on the old ECAS tracker). Looking at trends, after PP request it can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3+Months for your status to be updated to complete, provided all the documents are in order.
I translated the stamps and sent along with application and even my Canadian diploma certificate as language evidence everthing sent along with apllication thats way they sent email for citizenship test and after on month of passing the test again asked for passport copy

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I translated the stamps and sent along with application and even my Canadian diploma certificate as language evidence everthing sent along with apllication thats way they sent email for citizenship test and after on month of passing the test again asked for passport copy
No idea why the additional scrutiny, all you can do is comply to what they request and wait. Hopefully it will come through soon. Maybe wait a little and send them an email following up, not sure if it will help but no harm trying.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that’s like a Joke to us, more than 4 months of DM and nothing since then.

but Congratulations to you, sooner the better.
The actual joke they are playing on us is a good number of 2021 applicants are already Citizens with passport in hand or scheduled for oath.

Reactions: Radium

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
My status is finally updated to DM. Just waiting on the Oath invite now. Probably 5 months til then but fingers crossed it happens sooner (for everyone, not just me).

Victoria applicant btw (assuming being processed in Vancouver).

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
The actual joke they are playing on us is a good number of 2021 applicants are already Citizens with passport in hand or scheduled for oath.
I hear you. Even on the tracker I can see plenty of applicants from October, November and December already got their oath ceremonies scheduled. I wrote to my MP again today. On my GCMS notes they did note that the MP's office inquired about the file. I think there might be some merit in people writing to their respective MPs to highlight the growing backlog and if IRCC sees more MPs inquiries coming in that may create the right pressure needed.

At the moment that is the only way I can think of for letting the IRCC know of the situation with Omicron looming on the horizon giving them another excuse to slow down processing again.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that’s like a Joke to us, more than 4 months of DM and nothing since then.

but Congratulations to you, sooner the better.
Meanwhile March 2021 applicants raining oath. IRCC is just as pathetic, disorganized and unfair as it can be.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Radium and vvarma

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Meanwhile March 2021 applicants raining oath. IRCC is just as pathetic, disorganized and unfair as it can be.
unbelievable, I know.
unfair to some and fair to others incl those who gots oaths and those who will get big praise for processing cases within a year. how about that

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
In a tweet today, IRCC is thumping its chest on welcoming 401,000 Permanent residents to Canada in 2021, the largest number in a single year in Canadian history.

No mention about 1.8 million immigration application backlog as of Oct 27.

• Angry
Reactions: vvarma and royce110

uvsrsk

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
I have completed the citizenship test & all status of all the activities have been updated to completed (test status updated to completed on Dec 10, everything else on Dec 22).
Citizenship ceremony is yet to be scheduled.
Do we have to memorize the oath of citizenship ?

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
I have completed the citizenship test & all status of all the activities have been updated to completed (test status updated to completed on Dec 10, everything else on Dec 22).
Citizenship ceremony is yet to be scheduled.
Do we have to memorize the oath of citizenship ?
Do you see Decision made on the old or new tracker?

VishalRathi

Oct 12, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
02-02-2015 to Warsaw, Poland
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015, Got TLU 5 months after Medicals, No Re-medicals though
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
28-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4th Dec 2015
LANDED..........
23rd January 2016 at YVR (Vancouver)
Alright Everybody who has been waiting for long enough.
It isn’t happening this year…
New Year…
New Wait…

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year…