+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
Hello, the response was actually from IRCC to the MP office who then conveyed it to me. It appears internally thats the timeframe on the delayed applications, Unfortunately for us. The 2021 applicantions however seem to be getting processed in record speed but we never know if all of them are going to be processed that way or just a few that we are seeing. Maybe Ircc is giving itself and its staff 26 months to complete the overall processing of Citizenship applications.. we have no option but to wait I guess. I personally have exhausted all options of follow ups.
Thank you very much for the very detailed reply! Very useful information! Thank you

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
True.
Mine was August 18th,
Test was July 1st,
So approx 2 weeks away from your milestones if we compare at each step.

I hope this is the final 2 weeks for me too. lol

Christmas should be better for all of us.
I also hope the same for you too.
Even now, I’m still worried till this process comes to the very end, because of all the frustration and long wait.
Every step is so unpredictable during these unprecedented times of Covid, so I’ll only feel relieved when I finally have the document in hand!
Wish all the best for you and everyone else in this process.
A.

Reactions: VishalRathi

VishalRathi

Oct 12, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
02-02-2015 to Warsaw, Poland
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015, Got TLU 5 months after Medicals, No Re-medicals though
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
28-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4th Dec 2015
LANDED..........
23rd January 2016 at YVR (Vancouver)
I also hope the same for you too.
Even now, I’m still worried till this process comes to the very end, because of all the frustration and long wait.
Every step is so unpredictable during these unprecedented times of Covid, so I’ll only feel relieved when I finally have the document in hand!
Wish all the best for you and everyone else in this process.
A.
Yep, it is never done until it is done.

we had decision made on Aug 18th, then mid September (I feel it was a mistake as they sent it to people who were done with Oath ceremony as well) they asked us to send the copies of passport. Doesn’t make sense after DM.
But then, it is IRCC.
People With higher and unpredictable intelligence.
Best wishes.

• Haha
Reactions: Anjushka

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
Hello,
I haven’t received any official confirmation yet. I only saw the update and notification on my dashboard tracker- the new one. From what I’ve learnt by reading other posts in this forum I know that there’s no mail notification to expect. We will receive an email notification (which is also the official confirmation of the oath invite with the details of the ceremony), about a week before the specified oath date.
I’m expecting this email by end of November and I’ll let you guys now when it happens.
Best of luck to all,
A.
its for my in-laws, same thing, I see the status online. Their oath is on Dec. 29,2021. When is yours?

Last edited:

uvsrsk

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
Please update the tracker for me - I have received the invitation for taking the Online Canadian Citizenship Test on 17th Nov.

Reactions: Hot2Cold

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Officially a Canadian citizen!!!!! Did my ceremony this afternoon. 67 candidates participated and lasted about 1 1/2 hrs. Thanks for all the Post and PMs from members of this group that allowed this experience to be seamless and memorable for me and my family.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
Hi guys,
Just checked my email and saw I’ve received the Oath Ceremony official invitation at 12:15 today with all the details attached.
Have a great weekend everybody,
A.
Hi,

How long did it take you to get that email invitation for oath after your status changed? My inlwas status changed a week ago, oath is on Dec. 29/21 so just wondering......

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Received an oath update today, Ceremony is set for 22nd December in Edmonton. Its been a long process but its finally here for my aunt so best of luck and hang in there to all of those still waiting. No test required as my aunt is a senior

Last edited: