17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
Grrrr @ CIC

4.5 months since the test was passed, almost 3 months since everything was complete and Decision Was Made.
And still waiting for the last step.

checking 3-5 times a day, mostly first thing in the morning and then a couple of times during the day at work.
But the same date and status again and again.
3-5 times a day? I check like 10 times, jaja. This is incredible, after the agony I had during the PR process, I told myself I was NOT gonna feel the same during citizenship, but nope, here I am, stumbling with the same stone. o_O

Reactions: VishalRathi

VishalRathi

Oct 12, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
02-02-2015 to Warsaw, Poland
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015, Got TLU 5 months after Medicals, No Re-medicals though
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
28-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4th Dec 2015
LANDED..........
23rd January 2016 at YVR (Vancouver)
3-5 times a day? I check like 10 times, jaja. This is incredible, after the agony I had during the PR process, I told myself I was NOT gonna feel the same during citizenship, but nope, here I am, stumbling with the same stone. o_O
I had trouble during the PR process too, thanks to the little normal delay. My passport expired in the mean time, had to renew the list of documents associated because my first passport had my complete name as my last name and the new one had it in proper order.
So while most people got theirs in 6-7 months, and landed almost 6 months before I could, despite sending the application after me, mine was complete in approx 14+ months.

and here we are again, 14+ again, almost 15.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
After almost a year from AOR, I finally got the TEST update on the dashboard. Time window is Nov 12 - Dec 3. Will update once I receive an Email from Vancouver LVO.
Received the Test Invite email today. Please update the tracker. Thanks.

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Grrrr @ CIC

4.5 months since the test was passed, almost 3 months since everything was complete and Decision Was Made.
And still waiting for the last step.

checking 3-5 times a day, mostly first thing in the morning and then a couple of times during the day at work.
But the same date and status again and again.
Hi VishalRathi,
Exactly same situation here! Almost 5 months since test and DM. I’m also obsessed with checking on my online dashboard- no updates yet!
It’s so ridiculous since my PR card expires in two months and I don’t really know whether renewing it would be worth it at this stage?! What if I apply for renewal now and get a potential oath invite soon before I receive the new PR, or at the time I get my PR card after the renewal process I’ll have to destroy it right away? Isn’t it confusing?? Anyhow, I need to have travel docs at any time so will probably try renewal application.
What’s going on? Is it worth contacting my MP at this point? Guess Mississauga office is hibernating ! So frustrating!
Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: VishalRathi

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
Hi VishalRathi,
Exactly same situation here! Almost 5 months since test and DM. I’m also obsessed with checking on my online dashboard- no updates yet!
It’s so ridiculous since my PR card expires in two months and I don’t really know whether renewing it would be worth it at this stage?! What if I apply for renewal now and get a potential oath invite soon before I receive the new PR, or at the time I get my PR card after the renewal process I’ll have to destroy it right away? Isn’t it confusing?? Anyhow, I need to have travel docs at any time so will probably try renewal application.
What’s going on? Is it worth contacting my MP at this point? Guess Mississauga office is hibernating ! So frustrating!
Good luck!
Many people are in the same boat as you. I reached out to the Mississauga MP, but got the same response - delay due to covid. The 12 months timeline posted on the website is just for PR sake. I think a more realistic timeline is 18 months under the current climate. So get your card renewed in case you are planning to travel / money is not an issue. This will feel like a bittersweet memory once you get your citizenship certificate - just think about how far you've come since you made the decision to come here. Cheers!!

VishalRathi

Oct 12, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
02-02-2015 to Warsaw, Poland
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015, Got TLU 5 months after Medicals, No Re-medicals though
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
28-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4th Dec 2015
LANDED..........
23rd January 2016 at YVR (Vancouver)
Hi VishalRathi,
Good luck!
Well I renewed mine,
It was only 50$ Fee, a picture (go UPS maybe), and the courier fee for the application.

make sure the forms are latest and downloaded from the cic website (my card renewal application came back because by the time I sent my application, the forms were outdated (just a different format, same information though, robotic process lol).

about contacting local MP, I don’t think that will ever help,
Some people try that, but it never made sense to me. It is not like the timeline is unreasonable, (thanks to the Afghan immigration and other stuff), it is only ‘Ridiculous’,
Ridiculous is acceptable, unreasonable is not.

Reactions: Anjushka

tam_131

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Just curious about where Citizenship Certificates get printed. Do they get printed in the local citizenship office or in Sydney/Ottawa? Also, how long does it take for get them delivere? Thanks!

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Reactions: shlomo

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
Hi,

Citizenship update for my in laws:

I checked the tracker updated recently. It says following:

Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony
New update
Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on December 29, 2021.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, contact us.

I didnt received any email for it. Are they going to send this invitation in a regular mail?

Thanks

• Love
Reactions: mpsqra

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
Hi,

Citizenship update for my in laws:

I checked the tracker updated recently. It says following:

Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony
New update
Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on December 29, 2021.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, contact us.

I didnt received any email for it. Are they going to send this invitation in a regular mail?

Thanks
Congrats. when did you take the test?

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Got the invitation for citizenship test today. The dead Calgary VOs woke up today from their sick beds.
at the test, take your time, 30 min is enough,,, read carefully every question.
read the discovery book, every corner, they ask for people
good luck