+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
Dear Seniors, a very quick question. How much time they are taking from test completion to oath invitation? Is there a rough estimate or time range? Just asking because I can go back to sleep again and not bother them even by thinking about them.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Seniors, a very quick question. How much time they are taking from test completion to oath invitation? Is there a rough estimate or time range? Just asking because I can go back to sleep again and not bother them even by thinking about them.
3-5 months depending on where you live(your local VO) this can change considerably.
Also if you get PP request or Residence Questionnaire request etc. add another 1-2 months minimum.

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
3-5 months depending on where you live(your local VO) this can change considerably.
Also if you get PP request or Residence Questionnaire request etc. add another 1-2 months minimum.
Hi guys,
I think you’re right royce110. It can even take longer than that- at this point we never know if they’re really working or not working at all! As stated in many other posts I completed the test on June 15th and still waiting for an oath invite? Btw, what could the timeline be between these stages:
Scheduled for oath
Oath invite notification/email
Oath date and ceremony day???
Guess even after you get an oath invite there’s still a month or more to go before the oath date???
I don’t really want to believe it but my estimate is that I’ll finally have the passport in hand by April May of next year!! Or is it still too good to be true??
Best of luck to all!

elgaaato

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hi there,

Quick question, a few months before I had requested my atip notes and on one page it says : pages 17 to 25 are withheld persuant to section 16(2)(c) of the access to information act. Is this normal ? Thanks :)

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I think you’re right royce110. It can even take longer than that- at this point we never know if they’re really working or not working at all! As stated in many other posts I completed the test on June 15th and still waiting for an oath invite? Btw, what could the timeline be between these stages:
Scheduled for oath
Oath invite notification/email
Oath date and ceremony day???
Guess even after you get an oath invite there’s still a month or more to go before the oath date???
I don’t really want to believe it but my estimate is that I’ll finally have the passport in hand by April May of next year!! Or is it still too good to be true??
Best of luck to all!
Hey Anjushka, Nobody can give a clear estimate of those timelines since these vary case by case depending on the office, their # of slots for the oath etc.

If one had to take a guess;
Scheduled for oath - 3-6 months provided no other requests for PP etc.
Oath invite notification/email - 1-2 weeks prior to Oath date
Oath date and ceremony day??? - From being Scheduled from oath to the date - currently anywhere between 1 month to next year March - April 2022.

On a side note I spoke with someone from my MPs office in detail today and was told oath ceremonies can very well be pushed to Summer of 2022 since IRCC has dedicated most of their resources to the Afghan Crisis, they are prioritizing 40,000 applications in the next few months so we should expect delays.

Reactions: Anjushka

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hey Anjushka, Nobody can give a clear estimate of those timelines since these vary case by case depending on the office, their # of slots for the oath etc.

If one had to take a guess;
Scheduled for oath - 3-6 months provided no other requests for PP etc.
Oath invite notification/email - 1-2 weeks prior to Oath date
Oath date and ceremony day??? - From being Scheduled from oath to the date - currently anywhere between 1 month to next year March - April 2022.

On a side note I spoke with someone from my MPs office in detail today and was told oath ceremonies can very well be pushed to Summer of 2022 since IRCC has dedicated most of their resources to the Afghan Crisis, they are prioritizing 40,000 applications in the next few months so we should expect delays.
Thank you so much for your reply royce110!
You are right about the timeline and delays. Yet, some applicants are still lucky enough to get invites. Btw, what stage has your application reached?
Good luck!

Reactions: royce110

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for your reply royce110!
You are right about the timeline and delays. Yet, some applicants are still lucky enough to get invites. Btw, what stage has your application reached?
Good luck!
Yes some 2021 applicants have been scheduled for Oath in October :rolleyes:

I just got the test update yesterday, will complete the test as soon as it opens up next week. And then another waiting game would begin.

Reactions: Anjushka

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
Hello everyone

today in morning I got email saying that I am invited for oath ceremony for tomorrow which is 16th of October at 11 AM. My office is Scarborough.

they have also send me a document which I have printed .

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hello everyone

today in morning I got email saying that I am invited for oath ceremony for tomorrow which is 16th of October at 11 AM. My office is Scarborough.

they have also send me a document which I have printed .
Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
When did you take the test and how long did you have to wait till you got the Oath Invite?
Best of luck ,
A.

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
When did you take the test and how long did you have to wait till you got the Oath Invite?
Best of luck ,
A.
I gave my Citizenship test on July 2nd or 3rd and test status updated to complete on July 3rd.