+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

Sep 1, 2021
Strange . I sent them the new physical presence with same eligibility period but I do not meet the requirements for that period less than a week few days short. I missed my same days entry and a short trip of few days to the US. They never asked me for new physical presence or any passport copy. Curious would they actually ask for new physical presence or it's just special for truckers ? And if my application will be refused although it is still in process.
Did you relied heavily on i94 entry / exit or you kept your records too. I have many friends who are truckers , their applications were approved without any additional documents requested . I think I depends on the officer who is processing your application .
* short same day trips to USA not considered absence . However you have to mention on calculator .
Good luck .

Reactions: luvtrump

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Did you relied heavily on i94 entry / exit or you kept your records too. I have many friends who are truckers , their applications were approved without any additional documents requested . I think I depends on the officer who is processing your application .
* short same day trips to USA not considered absence . However you have to mention on calculator .
Good luck .
Yes i relied heavily on I94 and i missed recording the days and i did not keep any records. No im not a trucker. In my first physical presence i did not add same day trips or my short trip to US. But the new one i made for the same eligibility i added all those entries coz i just recently got my i94 record. I was about to withdraw my application buti guess ill just wait.

Sep 1, 2021
Yes i relied heavily on I94 and i missed recording the days and i did not keep any records. No im not a trucker. In my first physical presence i did not add same day trips or my short trip to US. But the new one i made for the same eligibility i added all those entries coz i just recently got my i94 record. I was about to withdraw my application buti guess ill just wait.
Did you get your test invite or everything is in process ? I am not sure what to do at this point . However there are many experts in this forum who can guide you.
All the best . I hope everything goes good in your application.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Did you get your test invite or everything is in process ? I am not sure what to do at this point . However there are many experts in this forum who can guide you.
All the best . I hope everything goes good in your application.
Everything completed except physical presence and prohibtion. They put my file in non routine. Yeah it has become very complicated. Im kind of not sure too lol .

FrankNL

Aug 11, 2020
Hi Admin. Can you please update my application with “Background verification status has been updated to Completed on Jun 7, 2021”?

Thank you!

tam_131

Star Member
May 16, 2016
I sent a request for urgetn processing 5 weeks ago and my request just got approved. I have been waiting for my knowledge test invite and I was wondering if there is any advice about anything I can do at the moment to get the test invite.
Thanks!

Zrejal

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hello,

I applied in August 2020 & still haven’t received the test invitation. Recently I got an opportunity to study in the US. My question: do I need to inform IRCC? What implications does such a move have on my application?

123pinoy

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-Jun-2016
AOR Received.
04-Aug-2016 (CIC AOR)
Med's Done....
01-Jul-2016
Hi,

Update on tracker today for myself and two family members: "You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremomy on October 09, 2021" :)

October 09th is a Saturday, I hope they are working that day. Does anyone attended oath on a Saturday?

Oath Letter not received yet.
when did you pass the test?

Reactions: Anjushka

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hi guys,
Hope everyone is doing well.
Lately seems to be so quiet. Almost no movement at all:( What’s going on? What do you think?
Tmrr is exactly two months since my DM and almost four months since when I took the test. Anyways, I was and still am hopeful about getting an oath invite soon.
Best luck to all
A.

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
Got a test invite. But due to family reasons I am outside Canada. Is there an email to reply them back? Or respond to the same email from where the test invite came?

gantisunil86

Sep 9, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
Got a test invite. But due to family reasons I am outside Canada. Is there an email to reply them back? Or respond to the same email from where the test invite came?
I'd suggest call the helpline and let them know about it. Also you should have got the invite from a e-mail from your local VO. Also if you can or have access to internet try giving the test.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Calling them should definitely be tried, and most likely be futile - all they will say is they can only talk about Afghan refugee crisis. (In future, I anticipate they will change that to climate crisis and rising sea-levels due to melting ice in Canadian north, since the Virus excuse is now almost 2 years old :cool:)

This is from the IRCC Website - link is here:

If you’re outside of Canada:

If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation.

In your email
  • put “Outside Canada – Citizenship Test” in the subject line
  • in the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • the start and end date for your test
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hello,

I applied in August 2020 & still haven’t received the test invitation. Recently I got an opportunity to study in the US. My question: do I need to inform IRCC? What implications does such a move have on my application?
Congrats on the opportunity. As per IRCC rules (link here), you need to not lose PR status before you take the Oath of Citizenship.

Also, inform IRCC anytime you change your address from the one on file - though there would be folks who choose not to for "whatever" reasons and then there are others who give their contact's mailing addresses. :)

May 4, 2021
Hi everyone,

I had a question about my PR card. It's about to expire at the end of this month and I'm still waiting for my oath ceremony. I was wondering if I should renew the card or let it expire?