+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hi guys,
Was just wondering whether August applicants would probably be getting 'in process' any time soon.
When would that be? What do you think?
Have a great weekend and stay safe everybody.
A

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Based on current trends, we should start seeing "In Process" for August applicants starting to trickle in by this month end
Hi guys,
Was just wondering whether August applicants would probably be getting 'in process' any time soon.
A

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys,
A
Anytime now. Maybe later this month or in Feb is the expectation. But let's see how it pans out.

Reactions: Anjushka

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Based on current trends, we should start seeing "In Process" for August applicants starting to trickle in by this month end
@robreeves already got in process on 8th Jan, I believe the AOR recd. date was 25 november.. So we can expect any time now depending on how soon our files get assigned and the personnel available to process thereof.

Reactions: Anjushka

Bharat_87

Jan 13, 2021
Sorry to hear that. Did they return the application in the same packet that you had send the application with the same tracking number? Was the application sent back to your current address or mailing address? I am asking because my current address field and mailing address field has different values in the original application.
Application was returned in new packet, no tracking number. My current and mailing addresses are same. if you have given different addresses in current and mailing address sections then you should get all the communication on your mailing address.

suddeb

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
I can see the application status as in progress in ecas since last Wednesday, but not yet received the AOR. Not sure what is going on. Anyone have the same experience?

Ahmad995

Nov 24, 2020
Even though I had so many mistakes in my first application but I just checked Ecas and it says
“We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 5, 2020.
I didn’t receive the AOR by email I guess from now it means my application is good?

Last edited:

ijlal g

Jan 20, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
16-01-2018
I can see the application status as in progress in ecas since last Wednesday, but not yet received the AOR. Not sure what is going on. Anyone have the same experience?
I am in the same boat, application received but no AOR since last week.

ijlal g

Jan 20, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
16-01-2018
Hi Ochia,
My application was also returned for the same reason which was quite unlucky, as I wasted so much time and had to resubmit. Guess you are going to be a January applicant now:( Anyways, hope you get your AOR soon.
I don't understand so both of you were educated in canada and sent your degree with the application and it was returned anyways? Because I am in the same boat and worried if they will return my application? Thank you.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is your application status In Process or received?

A lot of applicants are able to view the status as received on ECAS however have not got AOR email, might just be a glitch in the system for all you know.

pam22

Jan 17, 2021
I have submitted citizenship application on 15th August 2020 and received on 19th August 2020...I havn't received AOR(checked spam folder too) but ECAS showing 'Application received ' status on 19th august 2020 ... What does this mean ? AOR is issued ? How i can get it ? anybody faced same experience ?

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
I have submitted citizenship application on 15th August 2020 and received on 19th August 2020...I havn't received AOR(checked spam folder too) but ECAS showing 'Application received ' status on 19th august 2020 ... What does this mean? AOR is issued? How i can get it ? anybody faced the same experience?
Please call IRCC call center and see if they have an application number for you(starts with C00******). Ask them the status of your appl. It will be the right information. Many of us got the application number and told communication is in queue. you can read comments since Jan 02, 2021 to get more details

Kaliswaran

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Hello Folks
I am August applicant because my application was delivered on August 08th; however I never received AOR by mail and today I was just checking the application status to try my luck and I find out that it says Citizenship application received does it mean everything is good and soon I will get AOR or if they start processing. Moreover when I tried to search for my application status with my surname (which also on my PR card and other immigration documents) I was not able to find the status but when I put my given name as my surname then I was able to find the status, is there a glitch or error in their system. also I would mention that my surname is not on the main page of my passport because it was added later on and I did had trouble getting study permit extension with my surname on it as Canadian immigration only accept what is mention on passport main page but this issue was resolved and my all other immigration docs have surname on it.

any help and clarity is appreciated on this matter.
I am in the same boat. My application (family of 4) was delivered on Aug 24, 2020. Did not receive AOR via email but status is showing application received. Hopefully we will receive AOR via email.